Bloody Disaster

Never Have I Ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The teacher smiled at Junhoe and I. This had been happening for the whole day. 

 

It was strange. 

 

Mino didn’t show much of a reaction to the rumors that were going around about Junhoe and her… 

 

But did she want him to? Would he be angry? Jealous? Or happy?

 

She turned around and saw him diligently doing his work.

 

That was not typical Mino, at all. 

 

“I feel like a celebrity,” Junhoe chuckled throwing his pen down when he completed all his classwork. He laid down on his arm and just watched Areum thinking hard on the last question. “If you give me a kiss and if there is an uproar, I will help you with that question.” 

 

Areum scoffed, “Is that why you broke our promise? For the attention?” 

 

Junhoe smirked slyly, “Maybe.” 

 

Attention? That was what Junhoe wanted, but not just anyone’s attention, he wanted Song Mino to know that he had dibs on Areum and with the rumours spreading through the school, it would surely make it easier for him and harder for Mino. 

 

So what triggered this idea? The moment he overheard Areum saying, ‘Have him’ courtesy was a goner. 

 

***

 

Instagram. 

 

The worst app created. 

 

It was overflowing with photos of the both of them. 

 

Areum especially hated the one with him staring at her in class when she was working hard on a worksheet. Someone sitting behind them decided to take a snapshot of that revolting moment. Plus, she never ended up giving him the kiss he requested. Her innocent lips were to never ever touch Koo Junhoe, ever. It would’ve caused a huge ruckus anyway. Besides, Mino was right there and Areum wouldn’t want to be forced to explain herself and most of all, she hated seeing him upset or angry because of her. 

 

Junhoe is so…thirsty. You now the thirst is real when he goes around asking for kisses. 

 

She groaned in frustration as she read the captions and comments. 

 

Her schoolmates had nothing better to do than fuel on this ridiculous, ungrounded relationship. 

 

It always happened whenever a couple seemed to be blooming and Junhoe knew of this. 

 

He did it on purpose. 

 

Areum slammed her locker shut, happy to finally go home. 

 

“Hey you still looking at them?” Mina asked as we walked out of school together. 

 

“They’re all repulsive!” she whined seeing the #junhoexareum, #beautifulmonthofjune and #newcouple. 

 

(A/N: Areum actually means beautiful in Korean - only found out just then when I used a translator…  Also, it actually is June at this time of the fic and Junhoe’s nickname is June)

 

“You know, you guys actually look good together…” Mina added with confidence but trailed off at the end as we reached the school gates. The look on her face suddenly turned pale. “See you tomorrow!” she cried and ran off. 

 

Is she sick? What’s wrong with her? 

 

“Areum.” 

 

Oh. 

 

It was Mino. 

 

“Areum,” he called from behind her making her walk faster. Honestly she knew she would have to deal with this sooner or later but not now. Not now! She felt a grab at her shoulder. “Wait.” 

 

She stopped to see him with an unreadable expression on his face. 

 

“Can I come over today? I have an English paper I need help with,” he cried desperately. 

 

English paper? Help? 

 

That was all he wanted? 

 

Oh.

 

Areum examined his face and found no sign of anger but only desperation on his face and chuckled from relief. 

 

“Yes, I know you’re hopeless with English,” she beamed and dragged him along to her bus stop. Maybe he sees something good in Junhoe or maybe the rumors are just too outrageous for him believe. 

 

The latter was more believable. 

 

That is a smart Mino. 

 

***

 

Okay, turns out he’s not that smart. 

 

“Areum, how do you think my mom would feel if she discovered the truth behind all those lies you told her?” Mino suddenly asked out of the blue when they were discussing about the food they were craving. 

 

Why is he asking this all of sudden?

 

“Did she find out?” Areum gasped and Mino shook his head as he pinned the number before they got into her apartment complex. 

 

“Imagine if she did,” he stated as a matter of a fact never tearing his eyes away from her. 

 

What was he implying? 

 

She imagined his mom discovering Mino’s delinquency and her deceit. She lied solely to protect him and also prevent his mom from worrying and raging over her son time and time again. 

 

Nonetheless, she felt guilty, at the very least. There were so many lies. 

 

They both got into the elevator and Mino watched her from the mirror knowing well how she was feeling at the moment. 

 

He felt proud of himself for knowing her so well. 

 

“Imagine how I would feel if my best friend lied to me and suddenly started keeping secrets from me because of some other person, especially a guy,” he reprimanded in a bitter tone. 

 

Mino was left with no choice but to play the guilt trip card. He knew that Areum will be too stubborn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter