Chapter 2

Exo planet

It’s been about a week since Joonmyun received his powers from the spirit of the tree of life, MAMA or as she introduced herself Regina, at first Joonmyun kind of struggled with his powers since he didn’t really feel any different but it was pretty clear that water acted weird around him, there was this one day that he wanted to shower and that the water just moved away as he approached it. Of course Regina helped him with the basics of controlling his powers so he would at least be able to shower, but once he knew the basics he pretty much stood on his own which wasn’t completely terrible since it was pretty fun to find out new things that he could do with his powers.

Right now Joonmyun was practicing to move water from one bucket to another which wasn’t too hard but he still couldn’t do it without losing half of the water, he had made sure that no one was near the shower stalls as he put two buckets on each side of the room and started practicing. Luckily he was a quick student so after a few tries he managed to lose only about ¼ of the water “you’re improving” the voice of Regina sounded through his head before she appeared in front of him “yeah got to keep practicing if I ever want to get out there and find the others” he said as he filled the bucket again “it’s a good thing that your so motivated.

“so did you come to check up on me? Or will you teach me something new?”

I wish that I could teach you something new but it seems like you’re doing pretty good on your own here” “yeah it’s a good thing that I’ve always been a quick student otherwise I don’t think that I would be this far” “well the powers are a part of you now so in a case of emergency everything will come to you, but let’s hope that something like that never happens and you’ve already mastered your powers before that” Joonmyun nodded a little as he listened to Regina and tried the water transport again.

“when do you think that I’ll be ready to go out and look for the others?” “well considering your fast process I would say in maybe a few weeks” Regina said as she watched the boy concentrate on the water “but you must know that I won’t let you go outside if you don’t have well enough control over your power” “I know” Joonmyun grinned in victory as he succeeded in bringing over all the water without spilling anything “but what if something ha-” he cut himself off once he noticed that Regina was no longer in the room with him “weird” he quickly cleaned the bathroom and decided that it was enough training for today.

Once he walked into the sport hall again something caught his attention there were no people from organization walking around a quick glance at the clock made him a little nervous it was already 1:30 pm normally they would be here at 1 pm. As he walked towards the door he clearly wasn’t the only one who was worried since he heard people whispering about things that might have happened and he really hoped that none of those things had happened.

“mom what’s wrong?”

“oh Joonmyun honey it’s nothing to worry about the organization is just a bit later than normal” even if Mrs. Kim her voice sounded clear of worries Joonmyun could clearly see the worry and even fear in his mother’s eye “we already contacted the organization and the team didn’t report anything out of ordinary to the main office so they should be here soon” Mr. Choi one of the oldest people of the village and also the leader said Joonmyun nodded a little as he looked around for a bit he could see that people were getting scared and some ever stressed about the situation he was already glad that the children were not affected yet.

Joonmyun stayed with his mother and Mr. Choi making a small conversation as they waited on the people from the organization to finally arrive every 2 minutes someone would come up to the three to ask if they knew something but every time they would have the same answer, slowly Joonmyun also started feeling slightly nervous as he glanced at the clock it was almost 2 pm now which meant that the organization was already an hour later than normal.

Just when he was about to say something the doors were thrown open and three people of the organization came running in “we need all your medical supplies here now!” one of them yelled as they came running towards Mr. Choi who had almost jumped up when the three entered “what’s this about?” “the village which we normally visit before you was attacked by the creatures of the dark” “what?” a burst of whispers immediately traveled through the whole hall “almost everything was destroyed but we did manage to find one survivor” “where is he now?” “our leader will bring him in, but even if he is still breathing the chance that he will survive are small he needs medical attention and quick” “well what are you still doing here!? Go and get your captain here as soon as possible!” the three quickly nodded and ran towards the door again.

Mr. Choi turned himself towards the small crowd “and for you I want you to gather as much medicine, bandages everything you can find and bring it to me!” everyone quickly did as he told and ran towards their beds to look for something that might be helpful “and you!” Mr. Choi said as he turned himself towards Joonmyun “you will help me I don’t know what the damage is but I’m sure that I’m going to need help” “alright” and just as those words left his lips the captain of the organization team ran inside and almost immediately came up to Mr. Choi and Joonmyun.

Once the captain came closer Joonmyun was able to see the survivor in his arms it was a teenage boy probably around his own age which snapped something inside of him “tell me what is the damage?” Mr. Choi said as he looked at the boy who was as pale as the sheets that he was now lying on “he has multiple cuts and bruises but the biggest and the one that he will probably die from is on his back” “turn him around” it took a few seconds before Joonmyun realized that the request was turned to him before he did what was asked of him.

A soft gasp was heard behind him as the boys back came into view his shirt was in shreds and didn’t really cover much revealing three heavily bleeding cuts which ran from his right shoulder down to his left hip “boy I want you to clean his smaller wounds” “alright” Joonmyun quickly grabbed everything that he thought he needed and started inspecting the boy’s body for any cut or bruise that he could clean in his current position. After cleaning the smaller cuts and bruises Joonmyun noticed one particularly big cut on the boys hand he quickly started cleaning it and almost winced at how deep the wound actually was “this has to be stitched up together” he muttered as he inspected the wound Mr. Choi who was busily stitching the three wounds on the boys back looked up for a minute and nodded “put some bandage around it for now to stop the bleeding I’ll do it after I’m done with his back, and in the meantime grab some clothes for him” Joonmyun nodded and quickly did what he was told.

In total it took almost 30 minutes to stitch every wound on the boys back and another 5 for the wound on his hand luckily those were the biggest wounds after cleaning all the wounds on the boys chest he was wrapped tightly in bandage. “it’s a miracle that he’s still alive” Mr. Choi muttered “when we found him we were shocked too we never find survivors especially not at an attack like this” the captain of the organization who had introduced himself as Minho said as he looked the boy over “he must have had the spirit of the tree watching over him to survive this” someone said from behind Joonmyun which struck his attention was that why Regina suddenly disappeared? he quickly shook the thought out of his head and focused his attention on the boy again.

“did you bring any clothes for him?”

“yes I’ve got some here”

“good let’s get him dressed” Joonmyun nodded as he carefully dressed the boy with the help of Mr. Choi and Minho it took some time since they had to be careful not to open any wounds but they managed to do it. “we’ll let him rest here for now if he survives he can stay here with us” Mr. Choi said to Minho who nodded “please inform us when he wakes up we would like to talk to him” “of course” Joonmyun didn’t really listen after that as his attention was on the boy on the bed.

The boy didn’t look much younger than Joonmyun maybe even the same age and he had gone through such a horrible thing in one day he had lost everything his parents, his house, his friends even his whole village Joonmyun couldn’t even imagine how the boy must have felt scared, angry, lonely.

"I'm sorry that you had to go through this all” he muttered softly and grabbed the boys uninjured hand “I promise you I’ll train hard and make sure that this will never happen to anyone again” he almost jumped from the seat next to the bed and immediately went into the bathroom as he decided to train some more.

grapevine_separator.png

It had been two days ago when the organization had brought in the unconscious boy his cuts and bruises that were all over his body had started to heal just perfect the smaller bruises already starting to disappear, but the cut on his hand was still in the progress of healing and the three cuts on his back were looking just as bad as the day he came in. Every day Mr. Choi would come and clean the boys wounds and wrap it in new bandage sometimes with the help of Joonmyun who for some reason felt a connection to the boy and would be sitting next to him every day trying to figure out why he felt so connected to him.

In these two days that the boy was lying on the bed Joonmyun had been training none stop perfecting many techniques growing stronger by the hour which even impressed Regina who had come to check up on him on the second day of his training.

you approved a lot Joonmyun in just two days

“I guess it’s because I now have a promise to keep” “a promise?” “yes the boy that the organization had brought in, I promised him that I will make sure that nobody has to go through the same thing he has gone through” Joonmyun said as he cut an piece of glass through half using only water “I will even promise to every living creature that is still on this planet that I will find the other guardians and defeat the forces once and for all” Regina smiled a little at this she was glad that the guardian that is supposed to lead the others is so passionate.

I’m glad that you’re so passionate like this Joonmyun but you do have to rest you’ve been at it like this for two days straight if you continue like this you’ll only exhaust yourself

Joonmyun turned himself towards Regina “but I have to grow as strong as I can as soon as possible” “I know but growing strong doesn’t happen within two days it happens over time” Regina said as she moved closer to him and hold his shoulder “you already improved so much in these two days you deserve at least two days of rest” “but-” “no but’s you’re going to rest” “fine” Joonmyun groaned.

perfect! Now go and eat something have a nice conversation or anything and don’t think about training for at least 2 days

“alright but after that I’ll be training for a whole day” Regina simply nodded before she disappeared Joonmyun sighed as he cleaned everything up and walked into the big hall again and decided to take up on Regina’s advice and eat something.

Joonmyun made his way towards the eat area where his mother was seated with a few woman and together” Mrs. Kim said “sorry mom I was in the shower” “alright well come and join us you must be hungry by now” “actually I am” Joonmyun said with a smile as he joined his mother in eating.

While eating he talked to the two girls who were happily playing with their dolls that Joonmyun had made some times ago since most of the toys that the children had when the forces attack had been left abounded in their old houses. Joonmyun who was the only one of his age in his village had made some toys for the younger children out of old clothes, sheets and even some out of the boxes where the food would be brought in by the organization. Even if he was the only one of his age he had always enjoyed the company of the older generation and even the children who always seemed to brighten the days in the dark times.

“did you already check up on the boy today Joonmyun?” Mrs. Kim asked he simply shook his head no “I’ll check up on him when I’m done eating I have to change the bandages with Mr. Choi anyway” “has his condition showed any improvement?” one of the woman asked “his smaller wounds are already healing perfectly the cut on his hand is also healing but a lot slower” “how about his back” Joonmyun softly shook his head “I’m not sure if it’ll ever heal properly it looks just as bad as when he was brought in” “that poor child” one of the woman gasped “he already went through so much and now he’ll have something that’ll remind him of it every day” she said Joonmyun frowned at this Mrs. Kim who saw his reaction quickly changed the topic.

After eating a little more Joonmyun decided to go and find Mr. Choi in order for them to go and clean the wound and change the bandage of the boy it didn’t take him long to find Mr. Choi since he was in his usual spot. “ah Joonmyun I was just going to look for you” Mr. Choi said with a smile as he came towards him “well since you’re here let’s go to the boy and change the bandages” Joonmyun simply nodded as he grabbed all the stuff that they need before following Mr. Choi.

“alright you know what to do we’ll start with the smaller injuries and then move on to his back” “alright” Joonmyun took a seat next to the bed and started to unwrap the bandages around the boy’s hand “it seems like he’s healing perfectly fine most of the smaller bruises are almost gone” Mr. Choi said as he had started cleaning a cut on the boy’s cheek “I’m glad let’s just hope that his back will also start to heal soon” Joonmyun said as he grabbed a rag to clean the cut on the boy’s hand with.

He put some disinfector on the rag before he softly pressed it on the skin around the wound just like the times before but this time it was different since the hand started to twitch and he heard a weak moan “hurts” which immediately caused him and Mr. Choi to stop their work and look up at the boy who seemed to be struggling to open his eyes. Once the boy finally succeeded in opening his eyes he slowly started to look around before his eyes fell on Mr. Choi “where am I? who are you?” he asked weakly “you’re in a safe place I’m the leader of this village Mr. Choi and the boy on your right is Joonmyun he’s been helping me with taking care of you” the boy weakly turned his head to Joonmyun who smiled gently at him. The boy simply blinked a few times before he turned his head back to Mr. Choi “can you tell us your name?” “Baekhyun” “alright Baekhyun we’re right in the middle of treating your wounds it might get uncomfortable especially your back but I want you to try and stay awake alright?” Baekhyun nodded weakly as he looked up at the ceiling while Mr. Choi and Joonmyun continued on cleaning the wounds trying to be as careful as possible since Baekhyun could now feel everything and would wince every now and then.

“alright Baekhyun I know that this will hurt a lot but I need you to sit up” Mr. Choi said “we’ll help you but you have to cooperate or else you’ll get hurt” “alright” Joonmyun looked up at Mr. Choi who nodded at him they both took a hold of the boys shoulders and helped him to get into a seated position which didn’t go as smooth as they wished it would since Baekhyun almost froze as soon as he felt the pain in his back and screamed out in pain. Mrs. Kim and another woman came running to see what happened and saw that Baekhyun was awake and that tears were streaming down his cheeks from the pain they immediately offered to help which was gladly taken. Baekhyun who was now fully awake thanks to the pain and wasn’t really happy when he had to stay seated for Mr. Choi and Mrs. Kim to remove the bandage, clean the wound and then wrap it in once again.

Joonmyun who saw the discomfort on Baekhyun’s face took a hold of his hand which made the boy look up at him “squeeze when it hurts” he had simply told him which earned him a small smile of gratitude form Baekhyun who gladly made use of the offer as soon as Mr. Choi and Mrs. Kim started disinfecting the wounds on his back. Even though Joonmyun knew that the boy was weak he decided to try and distract him from the pain “so Baekhyun how old are you we seem to be around the same age” “I-I’ll turn 19 in 3 months” he said between small gasps of pain “oh really then I’m your Hyung we don’t really have any people from around our age here only younger children and elderly” Joonmyun said with a small smile.

After a while of silence except for Baekhyun soft gasp or groans the boy himself broke the silence “am I the only one?” “sorry?” “was I the only one?” “you mean the only one to be brought here? Or…” Joonmyun didn’t want to say it but it seemed like Baekhyun understood him perfectly “alive?” “I’m really sorry Baekhyun you were the only one they found alive and you were in a really bad shape when you got here you’re lucky to be alive right now” Joonmyun really didn’t want to tell him this but he deserved to know and by his reaction he had probably already thought so but even so Joonmyun could still see a tear escape his eyes.

After almost 20 minutes Mr. Choi and Mrs. Kim had finally rewrapped the wound again and had put the hoodie back on Baekhyun before they helped him to lay down again “alright Baekhyun I’ll bring you something to eat later you must be starving” Mrs. Kim said with a smile “thank you” he said weakly “I know that it might be uncomfortable to keep laying like this but it’s important that you don’t move to much alright?” Mr. Choi said Baekhyun simply nodded in response. While the other three walked away Joonmyun stayed in his seat next to the bed “Baekhyun I know that you’re exhausted so you should sleep for a bit we’ll wake you when your food is here” Joonmyun said with a gentle smile before he also walked away.

After the four had left Baekhyun was left alone in his thoughts he really didn’t want to think about it but he just couldn’t get it out of his head the scenes of what happened that day when those beast attacked slowly tears started to build up in his eyes as he thought about everything that he had seen, heard and felt of that day.


Please tell me what you thought of this chapter.

next update planned: 01-07-2017