The Old Feelings

Should I Say My Love Again

Spring 2015

                          

In one afternoon at the bus stop near the office Junho was sitting waiting for the bus to come. Then he pulled out his cell phone to play games while waiting. He was fun to play games on his cell phone when Soeun came up.

"Junho-yah! Do you want to go home? "She asked.

He put his cell phone back into his pocket and shook answered her question. "I wanna go to the Banpo Bridge at the Han River." Answer him with a smile.

"Alone?" Asked her again.

He nodded and asked her, "Do you wanna come with me?"

"All right," replied her without thinking hard. "Incidentally, my work with VIP customers already done. I want to enjoy the fresh air." She continued.

Five minutes later came the bus to Banpo Bridge. They both ride the bus. Along the way the two of them chatting without being awkward. After a twenty-minute-journey they finally reached the bus stop closest to Banpo Bridge. Before walking toward Banpo Bridge, he invited her to stop by to buy a vanilla ice cream cone. She laughed at his behavior that hasn’t changed.

"Still vanilla ice cream cone?" Asked her.

"You too. You still eat jajangmyeon all the time. "Answer him don’t wanna lose, picking up two cones that have been filled with vanilla ice cream by an ahjumma.

Then they walked to the edge of the Han River to see the Banpo Bridge and sat on the bench while eating their ice cream. At the time, at 8 pm at the Banpo Bridge starts the colorful fountain show. She looked around the park that filled with the lovebirds who are dating. Some of the lovebirds even kissing in a public.

"When was the last time you kissed a girl?" Suddenly she asked him as she ate the last bite of her cone.

"High school." His answer brief.

"Eyy! Just continue your lies." She said as she pushed his shoulder with hers.

"I'm not lying." He paused and took a deep breath, "You are my first love, Soeun-ie."

"Liar. I'm just a bet for you. "

"A bet?" He looked down, smiling sad. "That's just Wooyoung’s thought. I never meant that. "He continued.

"What do you mean?" Asked her still confused.

He sighed as he looked down and smiled tensely. He was reluctant to bring back the old memories, but he wanted her to know the real story. Then he opened his mouth, "He knows that I like you. So he bet if you kissed me first he would treat me, but if I kiss you first I'm going to treat him. I never agreed with that bet, but he still insisted that the bet remains valid even though I've turned it down. "Said him honestly.

Soeun stunned. She felt bad because she thinks he’s a bad person because he has been playing her heart. "Junho mianhae. I didn’t know. If I knew the problem turns out like that I'm not going away from you. " she said sorry.

"It's okay." Answer him. "But it turns out you don’t like me back. It’s just an unrequited love. "He continued.

"No. It wasn’t an unrequited love." She said evasively and and he lifted his head and looked at her dazedly. "In the past .. I like you, too." she said hesitantly.

"Heol." He didn’t believe her words, he raised his right eyebrow. "So why are you crying and ran off after I kiss you?" He asked, staring at her curious.

"Because I panicked." She replied.

Junho paused then he dared to ask Soeun, "That's the feeling of 18-years-old-Soeun. And what about the feeling of 25-years-old-Soeun? "

She was no longer able to hold back her tears. Then slowly her tears spilling down her cheeks. She didn’t think he would ask about her feelings now. Actually, she couldn’t forget him since high school. She tried to move on. Therefore he build a relationship with another man, but her heart is still unchanged. Then she stood up and said goodbye to him.

"Junho mianhae I have to go home now. It's too late. Annyeong! "Soeun left Junho. He is still sitting on the bench and take a long exhale. He was frustrated with her who still like that. Soeun who always run away when faced her problems. Just like seven years ago.

***

Spring 2008

Graduation ceremony of Hyundai Senior High School's class of 2008 were held. Until the last day of school Soeun and Junho still not spoken. He who always intend to explain everything to her can’t always be as she is always silence and avoided him. Various efforts he had done but finally he gave up her stubbornness.

Soeun who accepted at Ewha Womans University Department of Fashion Designer continue her life. Especially her love life. She tried to forget Junho, her first love who had hurt her heart. She became more open to other men and didn’t refuse if there is a man who approached her. Because she was determined to continue her life without looking the past.

On the other hand Junho who accepted at Konkuk University who can’t forget about her at all. He couldn’t open his heart to continue his love life. He is still waiting for Soeun. He turned his thoughts about her by busying himself. Finally he decided to start a photography business with his friends. Although he is busy with his business he doubted if he had forgotten her.

***