By Your Side (Oneshot)

Boys Be in the Mood for Love Scenarios + Oneshots

CJABMsfUAAAuGCR.jpg:large

 

tumblr_mkdikdGRrG1rqisrho1_500.gif

 

Requested by: hyesong

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2hpt20vxOdhldDLu3sh4

 

Wonwoo came to school as pissed as ever. His stupid brother just had to dump cold water on him in the morning to wake him up instead of just calling his name or shaking him like what any other normal people would do.

"God damn it Wonho, I'll get you back," Wonwoo cursed under his breath as he entered the school gate. He didn't even step into the school yet and girls were already fawning over him. Throwing glares and disgusted looks at random girls who were passing by him, Wonwoo entered the school and headed to the lockers where his friends were waiting for him.

 

"Hey Wonwoo," a random girl passing by him flashed a smile at him followed by a wink.

 

Wonwoo gave her a disgusted look as he walked right past her without giving her a second glance. "Bye."

 

The smile on the girl's face was immediately wiped off her face. Embarrassed, she quickly stomped away, followed by her friends who were laughing at her.

"What do you expect? It's Wonwoo after all," Wonwoo heard one of the girl's friend told her.

Wonwoo rolled his eyes. He probably hear that line at least 20 times every day. It was starting to get on his nerves when people say "it's Wonwoo after all".

 

What the hell was that supposed to mean?

 

Wonwoo mumbled some more curse words when the girls would not just leave him alone. Some tried to start a conversation with him while some shamelessly asked him to go out with him. 

 

Who the hell do these girls think they are?

 

Picking up his pace, Wonwoo finally made it to the safe spot where there was less girls. He spotted his friends standing by the usual place in the morning and head over to them.

 

"Hey," Wonwoo said before bumping fists with his friends. For some reason, just being with them made him happy and he can forget all about the bad things in the world. 

 

Including his annoying older brother Wonho.

 

"You look so pissed coming here," Vernon laughed as he slapped Wonwo in the back. "Girls ticking you off again?"

 

"What else would make me pissed in the morning?" Wonwoo chortled.

 

He and his friends continued to talk about random stuff that involved about what their plans were for winter break.

Junhui and Minghao were going back to China to visit their family.

Seungcheol, Mingyu, and Vernon were planning to crash each other's house since their parents will be out of town.

Soonyoung and Chan are gonna spend their time practicing for the upcoming dance competition.

Jihoon was planning to visit his girlfriend.

Jeonghan and Joshua are going to visit their parent's home while Seokmin and Seungkwan will be staying home since their parents were going to visit them.

 

Everyone had plans except for Wonwoo.

 

"What are you going to do this winter break?" Seungcheol asked, swinging his arm over his shoulders.

Wonwoo shrugged. "Staying home and cleaning after Wonho's mess. He's probably going to throw so much party we're probably going to have to buy a new house."

His friends laughed at his answer. They knew how much of a party animal Wonho was and they felt bad that their friend have such a crazy and troublesome brother.

 

"Hey look, it's Piggy."

 

Wonwoo looked away from Joshua averted his attention to the girl Soonyoung was pointing at.

 

Immediately, a smirk appeared on his face.

 

That stupid Kang Jein is buying drinks for her so called "friends" again huh? Wonwoo thought as he continued to stare at the girl who was having trouble holding 7 bottles of drinks in her hands. 

 

One student passing by giggled before slamming his body into the girl who was identified as Jein, and all the drinks she had in her hands fell out of her hands and landed all over the place. 

 

Stupid.

 

That was the only word that came in Wonwoo's mind.

 

Now, Wonwoo is known to be hating girls, but this level of hate he had for this girl was beyond hate. 

 

He despised her, so much that he would pick on her every single chance he gets.

Whenever he passed by her, he would called her "Piggy" or "Piglet" because she was quite short and chubby. Some other names he would call her would be "Medusa" because she was ugly, and "Dumbo" because she was dumb.

 

In short, she was chubby, ugly, and dumb.

 

 

But that was only half the reason why he hated her.

 

 

"Oh no," Jein gasped and quickly scrambled on the floor to pick up all the drinks. Some of the people passing by kicked the drinks farther away just for the fun of it. "6...I have 6...where's the last one?" Jein looked around but couldn't find it anywhere.

 

Wonwoo looked down at his feet when he felt something bumped against his shoe. He looked down to see a bottle of strawberry milk laying by his shoe.

 

"You picking it up for her?" Mingyu smirked.

 

Wonwoo chuckled and shook his head. "I'm not that nice."

 

Jein continued looking all over the place when her eyes landed on the last bottle. Found it! Jein smiled. Hugging the drinks tightly this time, Jein ran over to the bottle and was about to pick it up when a person stepped on it.

 

Frowning, Jein looked up. 

 

"You're stepping on my_" Jein started, but didn't finish her sentence when she saw who the person that stepped on her drink was. Her eyes locked with Wonwoo's, and a frown appeared on her face.

 

"Got a problem?" Wonwoo challenged with a smirk on his face. 

 

Jein nodded. "Yes. Please move your feet."

 

"You got a problem with me, yet, you don't have a problem buying those trashy girls drink every morning? Don't you know you're just being used? Those aren't your friends," Wonwoo told her.

 

For a moment, a hurt expression appeared on Jein's face but she quickly hid it with a frown. "I don't know what your problem with me is, but don't say anything if you don't know the situation."

 

With that, Jein took her leave without the bottle of milk that Wonwoo was stepping on.

 

"Damn that girl," Wonwoo muttered as he watched her leave. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

4th period was probably the worst period. Having to sit next to her in chemistry was not fun, especially when the teacher assigned a worksheet where you have to work in pairs. It didn't help that he only passed out 1 worksheet for each pair so they had to work together for sure.

Wonwoo was able to quickly finish half of the problems before passing the paper to Jein to finish up the rest. 10 minutes have already passed and the girl was barely working on the second problem. He knew she didn't understand anything written on the paper, but she didn't even ask him for help.

Of course she knew he hated her, and he knew she hated him, but this was starting to tick him off. There was only 20 minutes left until the period ends, and that paper was due at the end of the period.

Glancing at the paper, Wonwoo read the question she have been stuck on since forever. He frowned when he saw that the question was awfully easy.

 

"Are you dumb or are you dumb? You just have to find the density. Why are you over-thinking it, stupid."

 

Jein tightened her grip on the pencil. Listening to him insult her when she had a time limit to finish up the paper was not helping her at all.

 

"Just shut up. I don't want to listen to you," Jein made a face. Seeing him casually leaning back on his chair with his arms crossed irked her. Curse that boy for being so smart.

 

Wonwoo, realizing that she was staring at him, chuckled. "Stop staring at me. I don't ugly girls like you so don't even think about it."

 

Jein gaped at his harsh words. "U-ugly?"

 

Wonwoo nodded. "Yes, ugly. Chubby and dumb too."

 

Jein opened to say something back but quickly closed it when she didn't know what to say. Letting out a loud hmph! Jein continued working on the assignment without giving him another glance. She scribbled down some random answers like "giraffe" and "octopus" on purpose so that both their grades would go down. Not that she cared anyway, she was already failing the class but Wonwoo wasn't, so dragging his and her grade down together would be fun.

 

The bell rang, and everyone stood up to get ready to go to their next classes. Jein was on the way to turn her paper in when Wonwoo purposely bumped into her as he walked out, making her stumble forward.

 

Stop getting in my way, Piggy. Wonwoo mouthed to her before leaving the class.

 

Urgh! That guy is so annoying! Jein mentally cursed at Wonwoo in her head.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Jein, can you go buy us drinks again? You don't mind right...?" Hyeri, one of Jein's "friends", requested with a fake smile on her face. Jein set her lunch tray on the table before pulling out money from her pockets.

 

"Banana milk?" Jein smiled.

 

Hyeri nodded. "Yes. You know me so well."

 

Jein was about to leave when everyone piped out of their seat and told Jein to buy them drinks as well. Not wanting to reject any of them, Jein nodded but worriedly double checked to see if she had enough money. After asking everyone for what flavor they wanted, Jein ran off to the vending machine and began buying drinks for everyone.

 

"Seriously, when are you going to realize they are just using you?" the person behind her asked.

 

Jein didn't even bother to turn around to see who the voice belonged to It's definitely gotta be Wonwoo. Only he was concerned over her business for no reason.

 

"Do you got a problem with me?" Jein asked as she grabbed the third bottle. She was about to insert some more money in for the fourth bottle when Wonwoo grabbed her wrist to prevent her from doing so. "Seriously, what is your problem Wonwoo? Why are you always bullying me?"

 

Wonwoo scoffed upon hearing that he was "bullying" her. That made him feel offended for some reason. 

 

"I'm not bullying you."

 

"Yes you are."

 

"How?"

 

"You call me fat, ugly, and dumb all the time."

 

"Excuse you, I called you chubby. Ugly and then dumb."

 

Jein rolled her eyes. "Same difference."

 

 

"Jein what's taking so long_oh Wonwoo!" 

 

Jein and Wonwoo looked up to see Hyeri running towards them. She shoved Jein out of the way before acting all shy in front of Wonwoo. "W-what are you doing here? Why are you two together?" Hyeri practically gave Jein a glare when she finished the sentence.

 

Jein waved her hands in the air in defense. "I-It's not anything like that! H-he was just in line behind me!"

 

Hyeri raised her eyebrows. "Is that so?"

 

Jein quickly nodded. "Yeah!"

 

"I confronted her because it irked me that she's constantly buying so many bottles of drinks every day. It turns out that she's buying drinks for every body as well. I wonder if she's being bullied or controlled by someone," Wonwoo said in a stern voice. Hyeri's eyes widened and she threw Jein another glare.

 

What the hell is he saying?! Jein thought as she began to freak out as well. 

 

Before she could defend herself, Wonwoo shoved past the two of them before going his own way. He glanced back and gave Jein a smirk, making her face heat up in anger.

 

When he was out of sight, Jein nervously glanced at Hyeri who did not seem pleased with her. 

 

"I forbid you to talk to Wonwoo from now on, okay?!" Hyeri shouted, making Jein flinch. 

 

"Y-yes," Jein bowed. Seeing Hyeri so angry made her realize how scary Hyeri can be when she was mad.

 

"Good girl," Hyeri smiled and patted her head like she was her pet. Hyeri grabbed the drinks from Jein's hands before leaving without even saying "thank you". Jein let out a sigh when she saw that Hyeri was gone.

 

"It's wasn't even my fault," Jein mumbled before leaving as well. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jein completely avoided Wonwoo the next day she came to school. She thought this would be the best for her and Hyeri who was obviously not pleased that she was "talking" to Wonwoo. After all, she knew Hyeri had a big crush on Wonwoo. For some reason, Hyeri always wanted to get what she can't have.

 

It was lunch time and Jein went in the cafeteria to look for Hyeri and her friends. Jein frowned when she didn't see anyone at the lunch tables where they usually sat.

 

Where did they go? Jein thought as she looked around to make sure that they didn't just sat somewhere else today. When she saw that they weren't in the cafeteria, Jein went around the school to look for them.

 

"You know that Jein? She's so useful."

 

Jein heard a group of girls talking in the restroom when she passed by. Upon hearing her name, Jein stepped back and stood outside to listen to the rest of the conversation. 

 

Jein peeked in to see who the girls were and realized it was Hyeri and her gang. She was putting on lipstick while the rest of her friends were fixing their make-up.

 

"Yeah, I just can't believe Jein is so stupid to think that we're her friends. I mean, isn't it obvious that we're just using her?"

 

Jein felt someone have stabbed her in the back with a sharp knife as soon as those words left Hyeri's mouth. For awhile now, Jein thought it was weird for them to befriend her while everyone shunned her. Her shoulders drooped and she felt tears welling up in her eyes. So Wonwoo was right. Jein thought as she recalled the numerous amount of times Wonwoo have warned her and calling all her friends fake. Did he knew all along?

 

Jein saw that Hyeri and her friends were about to step out of the restroom so she quickly hid behind a brick wall. It pained her to hear that they were still talking about her.

 

She had treated them like her real friends all this time and yet...they go talking behind her back when she isn't around.

 

Feeling as if the whole world has lied to her, Jein lifelessly walked down the hallway. Not looking in front of her, Jein accidentally bumped into someone that was walking the opposite direction.

"Sorry," Jein muttered without even looking at the person she bumped into. She was about to start walking when the person grabbed her shoulder and spun her around. "Oh Wonwoo, it's you," she said with no emotions in her voice.

"I heard them talking about you while on my way here. Judging from your actions, you must have heard too," Wonwoo said, a smile forming from the corner of his lips. "I told you didn't I? But you were too dumb and played victim instead of listening to me."

"You're right," Jein mumbled. "Why would they have befriended me?"

Wonwoo cocked his head to the side. "Yeah, I mean you're ugly and on top of that, you're dumb. Why else would they want to be your friend if they didn't want to use you?"

Jein let out a dry laugh. "You always say the meanest things. But I can't say anything back to you because it's true. No one wants to be friends with a fat, ugly, and dumb girl huh?"

Wonwoo nodded. "Exactly_"

Before he could finish his sentence, tears came out of Jein's eyes and she found herself sobbing loudly. People passing by began to get the wrong idea and Wonwoo realized what he said was probably too harsh.

"H-hey! Stop crying you idiot. You're making me look bad," Wownoo told her in a low voice. This only made her cry even harder and before he knew it, she took off running, leaving him with all the looks and stares from the people passing by.

"What a bad guy. You made her cry," Mingyu came up to him and shook his head in disapproval.

"Shut up," Wonwoo muttered.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Jein locked herself up in her room for the next two days, not caring if it wasn't the weekend and that she was skipping school. Her parents were worried that something had happened at school, but Jein insisted that it was nothing and that she was just feeling sick.

It was Friday night, and another day has passed with her doing nothing. Jein tried to keep herself company by reading a book, but it only made her feel drowsy. In the end, she tossed the book on her desk before pulling her blankets up to cover herself. Jein was about to close her eyes and sleep when someone knocked on the door before opening it. 

 

"Mom I'm sleeping_" Jein said, thinking it was her mom.

 

When she heard a low chuckle, Jein opened her eyes in alarm. That's not mom.

 

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not your mother."

 

Jein looked at the person standing by the door and a gasp left when she saw who it was. "W-wonwoo?! What are you doing here?! Get out of my room!" Grabbing the plush next to her, Jein threw it at Wonwoo but dodged in time.

 

"Yah! What do you think you're doing?! I took the time to visit you and the first thing you do is tell me to get out? Rude!" Wonwoo closed the door behind him before entering her room like it was a totally normal thing to do.

 

Wonwoo took a seat on the chair next to her bed and crossed his arms. "Anyway, I didn't come here to fight with you. I came here to tell you to come back to school."

 

"Why do you care?"

 

"I don't."

 

"Then why the hell are you here?"

 

"To tell you to come back to school."

 

"But why?"

 

"Ugh! Fine! The teacher suspected I was the one behind it all and he told me to apologize to you. Even though I didn't do anything wrong obviously," Wonwoo confessed. "But yeah. If you don't come back on Monday, I'll get in trouble."

 

"So that's why you bothered to even come here. I see. I knew you wouldn't come here voluntarily," Jein let out a dry laugh, trying to hide the disappointment in her voice. "If that's the ony thing you came here to say to me, you can leave now. I was planning to go back to school anyway. Sorry for causing to trouble and making you come all the way here."

 

Jein thought he actually cared for once, but it seems that he was only forced to do this.

 

"What's with the sad face? Usually you would get all mad at me and blah blah," Wonwoo rambled on and on. When he noticed that this only made her more sad, he quickly shut his mouth. "But anyway, I don't know how you didn't know those girls were just using you. It was so obviously, anyone could tell."

"I-I_" Jein let out a sigh. Taking in a deep breath, Jein finished her sentence. "I just wanted...some friends."

 

Wonwoo's eyes softened at her words. He had hated her so much because he thought she just wanted to fit in with the popular kids, when in reality, she just wanted to be with someone.

 

To have someone by her side.

 

"I was lonely all this time..." Jein let out a sigh. "I-I was so happy when they came up to me. I thought my life would finally change after who knows how long, so I took all the chances I could to please them . I knew I was being used but...hearing those words coming out of their mouth still hurts you know?" Jein weakly smiled. "Of course you don't. You have so many friends who are always there for you while I have no one. What would you know?"

 

"Ahhhh this is so annoying!" Wonwoo scratched the back of his head in frustration.  "I never thought there would be a day I am going to say this but..." Wonwo glanced at her. 

There was a surprise look on her face, but she tried to look normal when she saw that Wonwoo's face was heating up. 

 

"Go on..." Jein mumbled. She was looking forward to what he was going to say next. He looked like he was about to throw himself out of the window and she wanted to at least hear what he was going to say before he actually does.

 

"Okay look, I don't know anything. I misunderstood you for being a kiss- because you never spoke up. If we could have heard each other's voices in the beginning, everything would have been so much better. I wouldn't have to pick on you, and you wouldn't have hated me. All we ever did was hurt each other. And that's why..." Wonwoo awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. 

 

"Let's get to know each other more," Wonwoo quickly finished his sentence. He jumped out of his seat at soon as he did so, startling Jein. "Whoo! There I said it!"

 

"Y-you mean it?" Jein's voice cracked. She was so touched at his words that she felt she was going to cry any second.

 

"Of course!" Wonwoo replied. "W-wait. Why does it look like you're going to cry any time soon?"

 

"Sorry...I-I'm just a bit touched that's all," Jein sniffled, wiping her eyes with the back of her sleeve. She never thought there would be a day she and Wonwoo could have such a deep conversation. After all, they could barely stand sitting next to each other before.

 

"Man, girls are so complicated. They cry when they're sad, and they even cry when they're happy. So strange," Wonwoo rubbed his temple while shaking his head. "Why do I hate them again?"

 

Jein let out a genuine laughter for the first time in years. "Boys are weird too you know. One day they're bullying you, and the next, they're telling you to be their friend. How strange is that."

 

"Who said we're friends? We're just getting to know each other," Wonwoo corrected. "Just kidding. But anyway, let's start off new and fresh." 

 

Wonwoo smiled as he held out his hand. "I'm Jeon Wonwoo."

 

"I'm Kang Jein," Jein gladly accepted it with a grin.

 

"Nice to meet you," they both tried to say it at the same time, but Jein was a bit slower. Looking at each other, they laughed again at how weird they were being. 

 

 

For the first time, Jein knew how nice it felt to have someone by her side.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"OKAY, I KNOW YOU'RE STUPID BUT WHY THE HELL DID YOU WRITE OCTOPUS FOR THE DENSITY?! DENSITY IS AND ALWAYS WILL ALWAYS BE A NUMBER YOU IDIOT!"

 

"Sorry..."

 

"AND THE MASS IS NOT GIRAFFE!"

 

"Sorry..."

 

"KANG JEIN! I AM SO DONE WITH YOU! I TAKE BACK MY WORDS! WE'RE NO LONGER FRIENDS! BYE!"

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2hpt20vxOdhldDLu3sh4

Plot: Wonwoo keeps bullying Jein because she is fat, ugly, and not smart.

A/N: Sorry for the wait, but thank you for requesting! To be honest, I had a hard time portraying the characters and didn't know what to make their personalities like since this is my first time writing about bullying. I know you wanted angst and fluff but it was hard to make it angst so it was more towards fluff. Sorry, and I hope you don't mind and still enjoyed this one shot! (: P.S I wanted to write more but it's 3 in the morning and I got caught by my parents T__T I didn't want you to wait any longer and posted it anyway haha.