Stay With Me (Oneshot)

Boys Be in the Mood for Love Scenarios + Oneshots

 

                          CNgCDUEUEAANw7P.jpg         CPPrScFVEAAiBB7.jpg

 

Requested by: high_peak101
 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2hpt20vxOdhldDLu3sh4

 

Oh my god he's coming over, act natural. Chanbyul told her herself when she saw the guys from the basketball team making their way over to the lunch tables. Among them were Choi Hansol, her step-cousin, Kim Mingyu, her best friend, and finally, Kwon Soonyoung, her ultimate crush.

Chanbyul dropped everything she was holding and folded her hands. Her eyes began to follow the group of boys that were heading their way. She dreamily sighed as she rest her head on top of her arms. Soonyoung looks so perfect. How can anyone be so perfect? Chanbyul thought as her eyes were still fixed on him.

 

 

 

The first time she met Soonyoung, he left a bad impression after accidentally throwing a basketball at her head and not apologizing. However, after she ranted to Mingyu and Mingyu confronted him about it without telling her, Soonyoung personally came in her class and apologized. At that time she thought he was not as bad as she thought he was and the two of them started talking. They would exchange greetings during passing periods and during PE if they are doing the same sport. Chanbyul didn't know what happened, but as time went on, she found herself falling more and more for him.

She would notice every single little thing about him that no one seems to notice. Her eyes always wonder off to look for him during lunch or after school. Even when she has PE, she would try her best to do the same sport that he does so they can be on the same team. This was the first time (well maybe second) she have ever liked someone so much, yet, it was irritating as well.

Why?

Because Mingyu always ed and constantly trying to separate them.

 

 

Every. Single. Day.

 

 

She didn't know what his problem was, but it was starting to get on her nerves.

When she talks to Soonyoung during lunch, Mingyu would in and kill the conversation and make everything awkward. During PE when she is on the same team as Soonyoung, he makes her sit out of the game claiming that she and that she get in the way too much. When she waits for Soonyoung by the gate after school, Mingyu would drag her to the bus and make her take the bus with him even though the bus takes her to the opposite direction of her house and she would usuallyhave to end up walking further than planned. Whenever she had physical contact with him, Mingyu would get mad at her.

And they say girls are complicated. Chanbyul would say every time Mingyu appears and ruin her moment with Soonyoung for no apparent reason.

 

 

 

 

"Ew what are you doing? You look like a slug."

Chanbyul's eyes shot wide open. She knew this voice very well. With a frown, Chanbyul looked up and shot Hansol a glare. "Shut up you pig."

"OOOH SHE CALLED YOU A PIG!" Jun laughed as he slapped Hansol's back, maybe a little too hard because the younger boy stumbled forward.

Hansol flipped his hair to the side and smirked. "It's okay. Pigs are prettier than slugs anyway."

"Yeah I'm sure it's even prettier when it turns into bacon, right?" Chanbyul shot back. 

"OHHH BURN!!!" the rest of the basketball guys began laughing so hard that everyone in the cafeteria now has their attention on them.

"That was a good one," Soonyoung laughed as he gave Chanbyul a thumbs up.

 

Chanbyul felt her face heating up when she realized Soonyoung was there the whole time. Oh my god. I built up the friendly image for myself for him but now my image has gone down the drain just like that because of Hansol. Stupid Hansol!

As the boys continued to tease Hansol, who was now red due to embarrassment, one person wasn't liking this "friendly" atmosphere at all. Seeing Chanbyul embarrassed after seeing his presence made him irritated.

He will just have to do something that will get everyone's attention on him, and her of course.

 

"Hey Chanbyul," Mingyu called out. The boys stopped what they were doing and zipped their mouth shut. Chanbyul, who had her eyes down the whole time, looked up. "What?"

 

"Go on a date with me tomorrow."

 

"Huh? Sure okay. Wait...what?!" Chanbyul's eyes widened in realization.

The boys began howling like wild animals.

 

"She said yes!"

 

"Damn I didn't know something was going on between you guys."

 

"That was real smooth man."

 

 Chanbyul's ears turned a dark shade of red as she tried to fix herself. "U-um wait no I thought you meant to go somewhere with you t-tomorrow."

"Well we are going somewhere," Mingyu smirked. "Tomorrow 9:00 am sharp at Lotte Cinema. See you there."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I am so done with that guy," Chanbyul mumbled to herself as she recalled the incident that happened during lunch. "Now everyone is going to think we have something going on, including Soonyoung. Even if he wanted to hang out with me, couldn't he just ask me privately and not when all his basketball friends are around? What's his real intention? Is he against me liking Soonyoung. But why?! AHHHH!!" Chanbyul pulled her hair in frustration.

Chanbyul let out a sigh as dropped on the bed and closed her eyes. So many thoughts were running in her head.

 

"If only he said these words to me more often back when I used to like him, I would have died of happiness," Chanbyul mumbled.

 

Yes, she, Na Chanbyul, had a crush on Kim Mingyu when they first met.

 

 

It was a long story and she doesn't remember much of the details but she does remember the most important parts; he rejected every single one of her confession.

"I like you too, but different from your type of like" would be the words he tell her every time. She was surprised he wasn't awkward with her even after confessing to him for the second time, the third time, then came the fourth time. Eventually she gave up on him and moved onto Soonyoung, who came into the picture one year later.

Ever since then, Mingyu began acting strange.

 

 

 

Could he perhaps...? Chanbyul thought. "HAHAA NO WAAAY. THERE'S NO WAY THAT WOULD EVER HAPPEN. MAYBE IF I'M LUCKY THEN IN MY NEXT LIFE BUT NOT IN THIS LIFE. WOW I REALLY NEED A SHOWER TO COOL MYSELF DOWN." Chanbyul continued to laugh at herself as she began to shrug the possibility of him liking her away.

There's just no way...

 

 

right?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanbyul couldn't sleep that night. One reason was that she suddenly got a huge headache after the shower and the second reason being it was too hot. It was in the middle of September so the weather was still humid. She can't even turn on her air conditioner because it was broken.

Chanbyul tossed her body around to find the perfect position to sleep in, but the more she turned around, the more her headache worsened.

With no choice left, Chanbyul reached for the pain killers sitting on her night desk. She grabbed the bottle but accidentally knocking down the picture frames in the process. With a groan, Chanbyul sat up and grabbed the picture frames to put it back up. However, he eyes softened when she looked at the pictures.

 

 

She haven't seen these pictures for so long that she forgot they existed.

 

 

That picture was taken when Mingyu and I first met each other. Her eyes shifted to the next picture and a small smile formed from the corner of her lips. And that one was the day he helped me unpacked when I first moved here.

 

 

Mingyu was always worried about Chanbyul being lonely by living alone. That's why when he saw how empty her room was, Mingyu suggested for her to put up pictures all over her room so she can look at it every day and won't feel lonely. Mingyu always thought that Chanbyul had put up pictures of Soonyoung, but what he didn't know was that Chanbyul had put his and her pictures up all over her room instead. That's why Chanbyul never allowed Mingyu to go into her room. It would be so embarrassing if he were to find out, and he would definitely make fun of her for sure.

 

Chanbyul placed the pictures back on the night desk before laying back on her bed. She closed her eyes and this time, she fell into a deep sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I TOTALLY FORGOT!" Chanbyul shrieked as she began flipping through her calendar the first thing she woke up. Today's date was circled in red and "Soonyoung's birthday" was written underneath it. TODAY IS SOONYOUNG'S BIRTHDAY. HOW CAN I FORGET?!

I must buy him a gift and give it to him tonight. But I have to go out with Mingyu. Who knows when he'll let me go home. Maybe he'll even make me stay until night when all the shops are closed and I can't buy anything in time. Chanbyul let out a sigh and dropped on her chair.

Will Mingyu be mad if I cancel the movie date? Maybe he didn't really mean it when he said it yesterday. Chanbyul thought to herself. She pulled out her phone to see if Mingyu had contacted her.

No calls.

No text messages.

"Maybe he forgot," Chanbyul muttered. She looked back at the calendar, then back at her phone, back to the calendar and then to her phone again. "AHHHH WHAT SHOULD I DO?!" Chanbyul was on the verge of ripping her hair out. 

At that moment, her phone rang and Chanbyul almost dropped it in shock when she saw the caller ID.

 

 

Kim Mingyu.

 

 

To pick up or not to pick up, was the biggest question.

 

 

Chanbyul gulped before finally deciding to press the answer button. Hesitantly, she put the phone closer to her ear. "H-hello?"

"Hey. You didn't forget did you? 9:00 am sharp. It's 8:30. You have 20 minutes to get ready if you haven't done so already. It will take you another ten minutes to get here," Mingyu notified.

"U-um...can I not go?" Chanbyul said it so quietly that it almost came out as a whisper.

There was a moment of silence before Mingyu let out a confused, "Huh?"

"W-well you see...I'm really tired. I didn't have a good night sleep and I've been feeling dizzy all morning. I have a huge headache and my face is heating up as well. I think I have a fever. I'm going to pass out. I don't think I can get out of bed today. " Chanbyul fibbed, throwing a fake coughing fit to make herself sound realistic. That should do it.

"Where are you? Are you at home? By yourself? Did you eat anything yet? Do you feel like you are going to pass out? You know what, just stay where you are. I'll come over right now," Mingyu sounded quite panicked.

Chanbyul's eyes widened. "N-NO! DON'T COME OVER. I-I'm at my parent's house right now."

"What are you doing over there? Don't your parents live all the way in Daegu?"

"I-I'm staying with my parents for the weekend. They said they missed me," Chanbyul replied, "It was last minute and I forgot to tell you."

There was another silence before Mingyu answered. "Okay then...take care of yourself. If you're still feeling tired you should stay home on Monday as well. I'll visit you after school."

As soon as Mingyu said those words, Chanbyul felt guilt washed over her. Here, Mingyu was so worried about her "sickness" and yet, it was all a lie so she can cancel their movie date to buy a gift for her crush instead. Somehow, she didn't feel like going out the buy the gift anymore.

"I'm sorry Mingyu," Chanbyul uttered. She didn't know why but she felt like crying at that moment.

"Huh? What are you sorry for?"

I'm sorry for lying to you. Chanbyul shook her head. She can't say these words to him. 

 

 

"N-nothing. My parents are calling me. I gotta go."

 

"Okay. Take care of yourself. Oh and you must drink medicine! Tell your mom to make you porridge. Wait you know what, you should just come home and I'll take care of you."

 

"Thank you Mingyu but I'm fine. I have my parents with me."

 

"Okay then. Remember take care of yourself! Don't go on your phone too much. You should focus on resting. You must get better. Bye."

 

Chanbyul quickly hung up the phone. The more Mingyu continued to talk, the more guilty she was feeling. She really wanted to call Mingyu back to tell him the truth, but that would probably get him mad.

She has gone this far, might as well carry out the plan.

With a sigh, Chanbyul headed towards her wardrobe to pick out an outfit to go out.

If Mingyu sees me in public, I would be in trouble. I should disguise myself. Chanbyul thought as she began to pick her outfit carefully. In the end, she went with a simple pair of black jeans, a black pullover, and some shades to cover her face.

Alright, let's go!

 

 

 

 

Chanbyul lost count of the shops she went to. First she went to a clothing shop but she thought it would be weird to buy guys clothes. Next, she thought of buying a bottle of cologne but she didn't know which one to buy. Then she thought of buying him a set of headphone but she highly doubt he would use it. Finally, she thought of buying him a CD of his favorite singer but she remembered he collects them and probably has the latest single already.

 

Chanbyul sat on her a random bench on the street and sighed in defeat. 

She was either never gonna go home or go home empty handed at this rate.

 

"Thank you for this watch! I love it!" a girl passing by told her boyfriend as she gave him a big hug. "I've always wanted this watch! You even got the same color and design I wanted!"

"As soon as I laid my eyes on it, I knew you would love it. That's why I bought it for you," her boyfriend smiled, "I'm glad you love it."

"Thank you honey, I love you!"

 

Chanbyul, who heard the whole conversation, eagerly shot out of her seat. That's it! I can buy Soonyoung a watch! Without wasting any time, she began to run to look for a nearby jewelry shop. Thank you random couple passing by!

 

 

 

Chanbyul proudly looked at the box in her hand. Soonyoung is going to love this watch. Well, at least Hansol says so.

 

She was lucky to run into Hansol at the jewelry shop when she was having a hard time deciding on which watch to buy. Since he was a guy, he would know what type and style a boy would like. At first she panicked after seeing his face, but after realizing he was alone and Mingyu was nowhere in sight, she calmed down. She made her cousin swore not to tell Mingyu about running into her. She didn't tell him the whole story or at least what happened since it was too troublesome since the both of them were limited on time so Hansol agreed, not thinking much about it. 

 

Soonyoung's friends are probably over at his house right now. I'll go give this to him later tonight or early in the morning. Chanbyul thought as she began walking up the flight of stairs to her apartment. She was so focused on the watch that she didn't realize somebody was standing in front of her door.

 

She didn't know that somebody have been waiting for her to come home.

 

She didn't know that somebody was not amused after receiving a call from her cousin saying he spotted her at the jewelry store, buying a birthday gift for her crush instead of staying at her parent's house like she told him she was.

 

 

 

"Na Chanbyul, I am not amused with this situation."

 

 

 

Chanbyul looked up to see Mingyu standing in front of her with his hands crossed in front of his chest. He did not look happy and his cold stare pierced through her soul. The smile was immediately wiped off her face and the watch she was holding dropped to the floor next to her, but she did not care. 

 

 

All that was in her mind at that moment was how to explain the situation to Mingyu.

 

 

 

"M-Mingyu...I-I can explain."

 

 

Was she trying to convince herself or Mingyu with those words?

 

 

"Explain what? That you lied to me saying you were feeling tired and sick and got me all worried just so you can go buy a birthday gift for Soonyoung?. Do you know how worried I was?!" Mingyu grabbed her shoulders and began shaking her.

"I-I'm sorry," Chanbyul felt the urge to cry at that moment. She held it in by biting her lips and fixing her gaze to the ground.

"Oh my god how stupid can you be?!" Mingyu shook her again.

Chanbyul remained silent.

She knew what she did was wrong.

Noticing she was on the verge of tears, Mingyu let go of her and let out a heavy exhale. 

"I'm going home," Mingyu said. "I don't want to see you anymore. You're the worst."

With that, he began to walk away.

 

 

Chanbyul's eyes widened. She opened up but nothing came out. Tears started to drip down her face as Mingyu's figure was getting smaller and smaller.

 

He was leaving her.

 

He was really mad at her this time around.

 

He had never gotten mad at her. Not even once in the 10 years since they've known each other.

 

This was the first time.

 

Is this where their 10 year friendship will come to an end?

 

Because of one guy that she isn't even close to?

 

Because of one guy who she have known for merely 1 month?

 

Suddenly, memories from when they first met played in her head. 

 

 

"Hi! I'm Kim Mingyu, and you are?" a boy whose eyes where filled with life and excitement introduced himself.

"I'm Na Chanbyul," the girl shyly introduced herself. This was the first time someone bothered talking to her.

"Let's get to know each other and become friends okay?" the boy beamed as he held his hand out for a handshake. Chanbyul dumbly stared at his hand then back at him. She looked back at his hand and back to him again. Suddenly, she began to cry.

"W-wait what's wrong?!" Mingyu panicked as Chanbyul continue to cry. "D-did I say something wrong?! I'm sorry if I did!

Chanbyul shook her head and began to sniffle. "T-this is the first time s-some said something so kind to m-me! Thank you!" Chanbyul lunged towards Mingyu, giving him a tight hug.

Mingyu warmly smiled as he hugged her back. "I know we'll become great friends."

 

Chanbyul bitterly smiled as the past replayed itself.

 

 

"I don't to see you anymore. You're the worst."

 

 

At those words, Chanbyul completely broke down.

 

"D-don't go," Chanbyul whispered. Mingyu was only 5 steps away from the stairs now. "Don't go," Chanbyul said a little louder this time. Tears were blurring her vision but she knew Mingyu was only a few steps away from getting out of her sight. "KIM MINGYU! I SAID DON'T GO!" 

Mingyu froze in his spot. Suddenly, a pair of arms were wrapped around his waist and he felt the back of his shirt was getting wet.

 

"I'm really sorry. I really didn't mean to lie to you. I should have thought of your feelings as I said those words so it was my fault that I didn't do that. I shouldn't have lied to you. It was never my intention to make you worried about me I was just so stupid and I didn't know what I was saying at that time. Maybe I was really sick," Chanbyul began to sob loudly.

"Chanbyul-" Mingyu began, only to be cut off.

"I should have gone out with you today and forgot about that stupid gift. If I knew things were going to turn out this way, I would have never done such thing in the first place. I would pick you over Soonyoung any day so I don't know why I did that today...Please don't leave me or say things like you don't want to see me again. It's okay for you to curse at me and saying I'm the worst, but I won't be able to live without you being by my side every day. You're the only person I have left. I need you. That's why.." Chanbyul released him and dropped on the floor, hugging her knees and burying her head on her arms. "Stay with me."

 

Without wasting another second, Mingyu walked over to Chanbyul and picked her up to her feet. He pulled her into his arms and began consoling her. "Shhh...it's okay. I'm sorry for saying those words to you. I don't mean it. I need you in my life too."

 

He forgave me? Chanbyul thought, even after what I did to him? He's...too kind.

 

The two of them continued to hug each other until Chanbyul calmed down. Chanbyul was the first person to pull away to wipe her tears. "I'm sorry I dirtied your shirt with my tears."

Mingyu chuckled. "Seriously? That's the first thing you say after an emotional moment?"

"What do you want me to say then? Thank you for hugging me?" Chanbyul tilted her head to the side. 

"Whatever floats your boat," Mingyu shrugged. 

Chanbyul pulled out her phone to check her face. "Look, now my face is all swollen. I really do look like a slug." Chanbyul began to sulk when she realized how much of a mess she was.

Mingyu let out a sigh of content as he ruffled her hair. "You're back to your old self again."

"So are you," Chanbyul smiled. "Friends again?"

"What do you mean?" Mingyu furrowed his eyebrows. "We never stopped being friends."

At those words, Chanbyul began feeling emotional again. "S-stop MAKING ME CRY," Chanbyul let out a loud wail and began crying again.

"W-wait what's wrong?!" Mingyu panicked as Chanbyul continued to cry. "D-did I say something wrong?! I'm sorry if I did!"

Chanbyul shook her head and began to sniffle. She wiped her tears with the back of her sleeves before lunging towards Mingyu, giving him a tight hug. "I love you Mingyu! You'll always be my best friend! I love you more than Soonyoung and even more than that idiotic cousin of mine named Hansol! You're the best! You're always number 1 in my heart and you're irreplaceable!"

Mingyu chuckled. "I love you too. I know we'll continue being great friends."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

EXTRA:

 

2 years later: The Day After High School Graduation:

 

 

"Hey, I heard from Hansol that I would be surprised if I were to go in your room. Can I go in?"

 

"NO! YOU CAN'T!"

 

"Too late," Mingyu barged into her room. There, in front of him, was hundreds of his picture formed in a shape of a heart. On the other side of the wall, his named was spelt using the pictures as well.

 

 

 

"Aww you're so sweet. Don't tell me you still have a crush on me after 12 years."

 

"No I don't!"

 

"Yes you do~" at that moment, Hansol appeared in front of the door with a cheeky smile.

 

"Choi Hansol, I'm going to kill you!"

 

"In case you forgot, I go by Vernon now," Vernon reminded.

 

Chanbyul growled before chasing Vernon down the stairs.

 

Mingyu heard Vernon calling him for help but he ignored it. Instead, he was focused on the heart that was on the wall. 

 

Chanbyul must have spent so much time doing this.

 

 

"Get out of my house," Chanbyul opened the front door and pushed Vernon out before he could protest. She closed it shut and locked it before he could say anything.

With a sigh, Chanbyul went back to her room upstairs where she saw Mingyu standing there admiring her wall. 

Chanbyul's face heated up when Mingyu turned around and gave her the warmest smile she have ever seen.

"So...you like it?" Chanbyul awkwardly cleared .

Mingyu didn't say anything and just continued to give her this lovingly, tenderly look. His eyes were full of sincerity and warmth and Chanbyul could feel her face getting redder and redder as the seconds pass by.

 

Stupid Hansol. Even after all these years, she still hated Hansol.

 

Or should she say, Vernon?

 

Mingyu slowly approached her. He pulled something out of his pocket and Chanbyul eyed the item. It was a small, black box. 

 

Is it a bracelet? Watch? Curiosity got the best of her.

 

Suddenly, Mingyu kneeled down in front of her and opened the black box.

Chanbyul gasped and clasped her hands over when she saw what was in the box.

 

 

 

It was a ring.

 

 

 

"We started out as strangers then we  became best friends. We've known each other for 12 years. We cried together, we laughed together, and we spent more than half of our youth together. You're always there for me no matter what and there was a never a day I don't think of you. Even though we are young and have to yet to meet more people, I know there will be no one else in this world that will make you feel like I do. Na Chanbyul, will you marry me?" Mingyu proposed.

 

Without hesitation, Chanbyul lunged towards him, making him fall backward. 

 

 

 

 

"Yes, I will marry you, Kim Mingyu."

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2hpt20vxOdhldDLu3sh4

Plot: Chanbyul cancelled her movie date with her best friend Mingyu and lied to him saying she was tired but she went to buy a birthday gift for her crush Hoshi instead.

*Just to clarify they have been dating before the high school graduation in the extra. Just saying so you guys don't get confused why he asked her to marry her before they are even boyfriends and girlfriends lol.

A/N: *Oneshot plots will always be written on the bottom for those who like "surprises" (:

Sorry for the wait, but thank you for requesting!  I know it escalated really quickly, but since it's a oneshot, there will be a lot more to the plot. I hope you like the ending! I just had to make them end up together because they are way too cute :3 I hope you like it! ^^ Feel free to request again~