final

Just Friends

taeny - just friends by Ed Sheeran 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Myaod6GC4U

 

 

 

**

 

“Tiffany this is Kim Taeyeon and she’ll be your roommate.” An awkward shy little girl smiled at Tiffany as the man introduced her. Tiffany gave her famous eye-smile while extending her hand for the other girl to take.

“Hi I’m Tiffany!” she said with so much accent that made the smaller girl looked at her weirdly

“Tippani?”

“Yes Taeyeon she is Tiffany and she’s from the US I hope you two get along well because from now on you’ll be together most of the time.” The man smiled before leaving the two of them.

 

And that was the first time I met Kim Taeyeon.

 

--

 

“Yah yah yah! Taeyeon-ah! What are you wearing?” Tiffany asked in horror when she saw Taeyeon wearing a long-sleeved plaid jacket and a bright colored pants. Tiffany wanted to poke her eyes out when she saw Taeyeon.

“Wae? What’s wrong with this?” Taeyeon asked still clueless

“You’re so not gonna wear that!” Tiffany then dragged Taeyeon back to their bedroom.

 

--

 

“Taengoo! Have you found something yet?” Jessica asked Taeyeon when she finished buying a gift for her sister. The two went out of their dorm to buy some snacks on the grocery but they ended up checking the gift shop next to it.  “Yah Kim Taeyeon?” the latter looked at Jessica with a smile on her face while holding a pink phone chain. “Are you gonna buy that?”

“Neh Tiffany would like this.” and the two paid for the items they bought.

 

--

 

I love pink

She likes blue

I am loud

She’s really quiet.

I love to play around

She wants to stay at home

I like watching horror movies

She hated those

 

There were a lot of things that we don’t agree upon

 

But

 

Somehow

 

We became the best of friends.

 

--

 

Bestfriends

 

Tiffany was smiling (widely) while she was holding her phone. She’s been exchanging messages with 2PM’s Nickhun since they met last month in a recording for a show. The latter expressed his interest with her and Tiffany seemed to be returning the favor.

 

He’s so handsome and he’s such a gentleman!

 

“Hwang Miyoung?!” Taeyeon shouted

“Ahh Nickhun!?!” Tiffany clenched her heart dramatically while Taeyeon laughed out loud.

“HAHHAHAHAHAHahHAHAHaaH!”

“YAH! Kim Taeyeon you startled me! Why’d you do that? I hate you!” Tiffany whined while Taeyeon fixed herself from too much laughing.

Taeyeon then took a sit in front of her bestfriend while smiling at her. “So what’s up with you and Nickhun now huh?” with the sudden mention of the name Tiffany can’t help but giggle

“We decided to meet this weekend! Don’t you think its great Tae?” Taeyeon smiled while nodding

“That’s really cool.”

 

--

 

“Taeyeon-ahhhh!” Tiffany squealed louder than usual. Taeyeon immediately got up from her bed and ran towards the latter.

“YAH HWANG MIYOUNG SHUT UP! YOU’RE RUINING MY GOOD NIGHT SLEEP!” both Taeyeon and Tiffany heard Jessica shouted.

“What happened Fany-ah?” Taeyeon asked slightly concerned with Tiffany’s uber happy reaction.

“NICKHUN ASKED ME TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND!!!!” Taeyeon immediately smiled and hugged the latter. “Taeyeon I’m so happy!”

“I’m so happy for you Fany-ah.” Tiffany nodded then hugged Taeyeon closer

 

--

 

 

“And you know what? He brought me to this really fancy restaurant and I don’t know Tae! I was just so happy with him it’s crazy.” Tiffany gushed about her and Khun’s date.

They have been going out a lot since Tiffany agreed to be his girlfriend. They were being really careful though for they don’t want to be caught in a dating scandal.

“It’s just like we matched each other so perfectly!” Taeyeon nodded while listening to her bestfriend’s stories. “Gosh I am so inlove with him.”

“You really are.” Taeyeon shook her head while smiling “You’re head over heels for him.”

 

--

 

Taeyeon was watching a tv show with Hyoyeon in their living room while the others are doing their businesses.

 

“Where’s Tiffany Taeng?” Hyoyeon nudged her shoulder “It’s late already.” She glanced at the wall clock then back to Taeyeon.

“Yeah you’re right I guess I’ll call her now.” Taeyeon then got up and dialed Tiffany’s phone number.

 

The latter didn’t answer even after trying for a few more times. She went back to the living room with Hyoyeon still watching the TV.

 

“So what now?”

“She’s not answering.”

 

The others were already going to their respective rooms as Taeyeon sat on the couch.

 

“Taeng we’ll go sleep now okay? are you okay there?” Jessica asked as she clings on Yoona’s arm

“Neh I’ll just wait for Fany.” They all nodded as they went inside their rooms.

 

Taeyeon was dozing off and it was past midnight when the dorm room suddenly opened. She opened her eyes slowly only to find a puffy-eyed Tiffany running into her arms.

 

“Hey what happened?” she asked worriedly when Tiffany crash herself against her. Tiffany then started crying making Taeyeon frown “Shushhh it’s alright I’m here.”

“We broke up! He said he’s busy and oh my god Taeyeon I hate him for doing this!” Tiffany cried as Taeyeon rubs her back to comfort her.

“Fany-ah it’ll be okay I’m here.” Tiffany pulled off from their hug and looked at Taeyeon’s eyes “I am here okay? I am here.”

“Thank you Taeyeon.”

 

--

 

Tiffany and Yuri are waiting for Taeyeon in their dorm, the other girls are on their schedules leaving the two of them behind. Taeyeon said she’ll be telling them a news and she wants them (members) to be the first to know about it.

 

“What’s she telling anyways?” Yuri asked slightly sleepy from waiting

“I don’t know Yuri-yah she said she’s on the way though so let’s just wait.” Tiffany patted Yuri’s leg and smiled at her.

 

After a few minutes the dorm room suddenly opened revealing a grinning Taeyeon behind it.

 

“Hello guys!” Taeyeon greeted while walking towards the two

“Hey Taeng!” Yuri greeted back

“Hi Tae-tae!”

 

Taeyeon sat in front of them while clasping her hands. Obviously she was really nervous but happy at the same time.

 

“What’s up with you?” Tiffany raised a brow

“You seemed weird?”

“I..ah.”

“You what?”

“I’m dating Baekhyun!” Yuri cheered while Tiffany looked at Taeyeon who has a big smile on her face. She unconsciously smiled when she realized how happy Taeyeon looked like.

“I’m happy for you Tae!”

“Thanks guys!”

 

//

 

TIFFANY

 

I am now on my way to meet Nickhun at this restaurant he told me about last night. Me and Nickhun have been together now for more than 4 years and things are actually going pretty smooth.

 

“Hey babe.” He greeted me with a kiss on the cheek

“Hi.”

 

He lead me to the table and being the gentleman he is he let me sat first. We sat opposite of one another and I can’t help but look at him, his smile, his eyes, the way his nose scrunched up a bit when he dislikes something. He looks really cute just like Taeyeon.

 

“Fany-ah?” he broke off my train of thoughts when he called my name

“Huh?”

“What would you like?” he pointed the menu. I picked it up and started looking at it. I noticed that most of the food here are Taeyeon’s favorite. I can’t help but smile at the thought. I should bring her here some other time.

 

After telling my orders I looked at Nickhun and he has this big smile on his face.

 

Taeyeon’s smiles are much brighter than his.

 

I shook the thoughts off in my head. Why am I even thinking of Taeyeon right now?

 

--

 

“Fany-ah! You should taste this one! It’s my favorite!” Taeyeon fed Tiffany

“Hmmm this is so good Tae!” the younger girl said making Taeyeon smile widely at her.

 

That smile Tiffany swore she  could never get tired of.

 

--

 

Why am I feeling like this? I’m with Nickhun but I’m actually thinking of Taeyeon.

 

--

 

“Ppani-ah!”

“Taeyeonnie!”

 

Taeyeon enveloped her bestfriend in a tight hug. Tiffany just landed from the US and being the nice bestfriend Taeyeon is she volunteered to pick her up from the airport.

 

“I missed you!” Taeyeon said

“I missed you too!”

 

--

 

“Happy birthday to you! happy birthday happy birthday! Happy birthday to you!” Taeyeon sang quietly as she doesn’t want to wake the other girls up from their sleep.

“Tae?” Tiffany asked with a groggy voice as she just woke up from her sleep.

“Happy Birthday Fany-ah!” Taeyeon gave her the cake that she prepared just for Tiffany

 

Tiffany can’t help but hug her best friend because of the gesture she just did. “Fany-ah careful the cake.” Taeyeon said while laughing

“Thank you so much Tae! Thanks for preparing this!” she kissed Taeyeon’s cheek quickly before blowing the candles off.

 

--

 

“I am so tired.” Tiffany whined as they got in their van.

“You can use my shoulders.” Taeyeon offered with a smile

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

“Thank you Tae-tae.”

 

Tiffany closed her eyes and leaned her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder. She then heard Taeyeon humming and she just can’t help but smile.

 

“Sleep well Fany-ah.”

 

--

 

“Here I bought you this.” Taeyeon smiled as she handed Tiffany her Christmas gift.

“TAEYEON!!! This is so cute! Thank you!”

“I instantly thought of you when I saw that.” She grinned

“You’re so sweet!” Tiffany then hugged her tightly “Merry Christmas!”

 

--

 

Taeyeon stayed up all night while comforting Tiffany for the latter just had a fight with Nickhun again. Taeyeon had a schedule early in the morning but she can’t just let Tiffany cry and feel alone.

 

“Unnie? You looked like you didn’t sleep!” Seohyun said when she saw Taeyeon in the kitchen

“Ah don’t worry stylist unnie will fix my make up for me.” she smiled

“Is Tiffany unnie okay now?”

“Yeah she’ll be better.” Seohyun nodded

“I gotta go now.”

 

Taeyeon went to their shared room first to check on Tiffany. The latter was sleeping peacefully and she can’t help but smile. She caressed Tiffany’s cheek before kissing the top of her head.

 

“I’ll be back later Fany-ah.”

 

--

 

“This is it! I give up!” Tiffany raised her hands in surrender and sighed loudly.

“Fany-ah it’s okay you’ll be able to memorize your script later.” Taeyeon who was checking her schedules said.

“I have to memorize this and I still have an audio recording tomorrow and then we have to guest in that radio show! Tae I –“ Taeyeon stood up and held her hand “I.. I am tired Tae.”

“It’s okay everybody gets tired.” Taeyeon smiled “We’re humans too Fany-ah not robots.” She gently squeezed Tiffany’s hands and smiled at her “For now take a rest.”

“But I have to memorize this.” she picked the scripts again “I don’t have time to rest Taeyeon.”

“You’re stressing yourself too much and that’s not good.” Taeyeon picked the scripts from her hand and placed it on the bed. “Rest your mind first and get back to it later.” Tiffany nodded “That’s my girl.”

 

Taeyeon stood up and picked out something from her bag “Here.” she handed Tiffany her favorite chocolate

“Thank you Taeyeon.”

“I know you can do it.”

 

--

 

“Don’t worry Sunkyu I’ll take care of Fany.” Taeyeon said while looking at Tiffany’s sleeping figure. The latter caught some colds and that’s why she’ll be resting for today.

“Yeah please do that Taeng sorry I have to attend some schedules today that’s why I can’t look after her.”

“It’s okay.” 

 

Sunny went out of the room leaving Taeyeon and Tiffany there. Taeyeon sat on the edge of the bed as she Tiffany’s hair.

 

“Get better soon Fany-ah.” She said

“Sunkyu?”

“It’s Taeyeon here.” Taeyeon said while smiling

“Tae. Don’t leave me please?”

“I won’t.”

“Sleep with me?” Tiffany cutely asked

“Okay.”

 

--

 

“Babe hey are you okay?” Nickhun asked worriedly

“Huh?”

“You’re not touching your food.” He said while looking at Tiffany’s plate “Are you sick?”

“No.” Tiffany shook her head “Sorry I was just thinking about something.” Nickhun just smiled and continued eating

 

--

 

“We broke up.” Taeyeon said while drying her tears up. “I don’t know why I’m crying like this when I was the one who asked for this.” Taeyeon said while shaking her head

“Shhhh.” Tiffany pulled Taeyeon closer to her “It’s okay I’m here for you Tae.”

“I know and I’m happy that I have someone like you.” Taeyeon said smiling to herself

 

Tiffany didn’t know but she felt relief when Taeyeon told her about her breakup with Baekhyun. She continued Taeyeon’s back while whispering comforting words for her bestfriend.

 

--

 

“So you’re Tiffany’s uh what girlfriend?” Linda one of Tiffany’s close friend asked Taeyeon in English.

“Huh?” Taeyeon was surprised then she looked at Tiffany

“Girl Friend Linda.” Tiffany smiled “We’re just friends.” She smiled at Taeyeon then put an arm around her shoulder “Right Tae?”

“Just fwrends.” Taeyeon repeated in her broken English “best friendu”

“She’s cute.” Linda commented making Tiffany laugh

 

--

 

Tiffany was about to finish eating when Nickhun excused himself to the bathroom. Tiffany had a weird feeling that something will happen. She looked at her phone and it has a message from Jessica.

 

Jung Sooyeon:

Where are you?

 

Jung Sooyeon:

Taeyeon is here at my apartment did something happen between the two of you?

 

Jung Sooyeon:

Oh my god. Can you get your here? I HAVE WORK HWANG MIYOUNG

 

Jung Sooyeon:

Okay whatever false alarm. Just ignore us.

 

I looked up and saw Nickhun fidgeting with his fingers. I know that he only gets fidgety when he’s nervous.

 

“Babe?” he called when he got down on his seat

“Yeah?”

“We’ve been dating for a couple of years now and I love you so much you know that.”

 

And I don’t know why but Taeyeon and I’s conversation the other day flashed in my mind.

 

“I’m getting older.” i whined

“We all are.” She chuckled

“I wonder when will I get married.” I looked at her and saw that she got a bit surprised with what I said.

“Do you wanna get married already?” her voice suddenly became sad.

“I don’t know?” I shrugged “When will you find another boyfriend?” I and she just pinched my nose.

“I am happy now.. I have you.” she said straightly into my eyes and I swear that my heart suddenly stopped beating

“You what?”

“I have you... and the girls.”

 

--

 

“Tiffany Hwang Miyoung will you –“

“Stop!”

“What?”

“Khun  I can’t do this I.. I gotta go.” I grabbed my purse and ran away from him. I heard him call my name but I didn’t turn my back.

 

I drove straight to Jessica’s villa with my heart pounding so hard. I hope Taeyeon’s there so I could talk to her. I need to talk to that midget and straighten things out.

 

“Ppani-ah?” she opened the door with a surprised face “Wha..what are you doing here?”

 

I was looking straight into her eyes and I just instantly felt that connection.

 

A connection I have been ignoring for so long.

How could I be so naïve?

I have been feeling this for Taeyeon but I have been so blinded with the idea of being inlove with Nickhun.

 

“Kim Taeyeon!”

“Ti..Tiffany?”

 

I can feel that my heart is going to burst out of my chest soon.

 

“I know this may sound crazy but you’re going to listen to me okay?” she just nodded her head

 

“I don’t know when or how it happened! Maybe it was the first meeting when you looked weirdly at me when I greeted you or maybe when you smiled at me, or that time when you accidentally held my hand, the truth is I don’t really know.”

 

Taeyeon just looked at me as if I am crazy person. Heck maybe I am really crazy.

 

I sighed then locked gazes with her. “Kim Taeyeon I am inlove with you! I am madly deeply inlove with my bestfriend. I know this may seem crazy to you but I don’t care! I can’t just ignore these feelings I have for you! I was never inlove with Nickhun I was just blinded by the idea that I love him. It’s you Taeyeon! It was you all along it is you who owns my heart from the very start. It will always be you Kim Taeyeon.” I saw her smile and shed a tear. “I love you.”

 

The next thing I knew she was slowly leaning in and was closing my eyes. I felt her lips on mine and it was just like I imagined. It was sweet and soft it’ll make you want more. I smiled when we pulled off from the kiss.

 

“What about Nickhun?” she asked

 

“AFTER ALL THAT KIM TAEYEON YOU GOTTA ASK THAT?” I heard Jessica’s voice from upstairs.

“YAH!” Taeyeon replied “I thought you head off for work already!”

“HAHAHAHA! I am so gonna send them this!” she waved her phone at us while laughing out loud. Oh Jessica Jung you’re so gonna get it. “But for now I gotta go! I still have a meeting to attend! Adios lovers!” she said before making her way past us.

 

When Jessica was nowhere in sight Taeyeon grinned at Tiffany. “You mean all of it right?”

“Pabo of course!”

“I thought we’re just friends?” she slyly said recalling my line when one of my close friends in the US asked me about us.

“We can never be just friends.” I winked before leaning in to kiss her again.

 

I have never felt so complete.

 

Maybe this is what really feels to be inlove.

 

 

“I love you Hwang Miyoung.”

“And I love you even more Kim Taeyeon.”

 

And I know we were never just friends.

 

**

 

okay so taeny yes. 

hahahahahaha.