Chapter One

Is This A Dream?
Please log in to read the full chapter

It has almost been a month since I woke up and I'm slowly regaining my strength. My muscles were still protesting from being awaken from there three years of slumber as I made the painful walk down the long hospital corridor. As I pass by the nurse station I hear the familiar whispers. 

 

"Wasn't she in a coma?"

 

"More importantly wasn't she abandoned by her family?"

 

"Have you guys even seen her family? They look like hobos!"

 

"What does Yixing even see in her?"

 

"Maybe it's just pity, remember the time he took a cat home even though he's  allergic to them? He had to be hospitalized for days before he recovered."   


"He's to good for a pathetic girl like her." 
 

My eyes start to sting as I hold back the tears that threaten to run down my face. I know it seems stupid to cry about such a nontrivial matter but ever since I have woken up I have been very sensitive about what other people say about me. As I near my room the whispers fade away and all I hear is the shuffling of my feet across the tile flooring. As I open my hospital room door I notice the familiar back of the man who has kept me fighting even when I felt like I was beaten. He turns around swiftly with the cute grin he always displays whenever he sees me. "Where did you go? I was worried." He says as he walks over. Noticing my red, tear brimmed eyes he stopped mid step. "Myunghee.... What's wrong?" 

 

"Nothing, everything's fine." I lie. 
 

"Don't lie to me."


"I'm not lying." 

 

"Yes, you are, your foot is tapping" he says while pointing to my foot. 

 

"Crap" I whisper under my breath. I forgot he knew that my foot would unconsciously start to tap rapidly when I lie. A trait that I got from my dad. Curse my stupid genes. 

 

"So tell me what's wrong" he says as he walks closer. 

 

"I said it was-" my sentence was stopped by his sudden embrace. 
 

"Don't tell me that nothing's wrong. Something is obviously wrong and I want to fix it. There's something about you that makes me want to protect you." He wispers so close to my ear that I feel his soft lips graze my ear as he speaks and I feel his hot breath run down my neck. 

 

Surprised at his closeness I jerk back. Then all the comments I hear from the nurses rush to my head and I decided I need answers. "WHY? WHY DO YOU CARE? DO U LIKE ME OR SOMETHING? DO YOU PITY M-" my half screams/half yells were suddenly stopped by the pressure of his lips as the enclose mine. Shocked, I feel my feet slip out from underneath me and I feel our lips separate as gravity shoves me toward the floor. Before I land however Yixing manages to sneak him arms around my waste and pulls me back against his strong chest and encloses my lips with his once more. However this time I'm prepared and embrace the kiss. I can't deny the chemistry we have I think as the fireworks explode in me head and I feel the butterflies that were already swarming in my stomach turn into a roar. We break away both breathless from the feeling that we get from each other. 


"Don't ever doubt the feelings I have toward you." He whispers with a husky tone in his voice as he leans he head against mine. Suddenly a small beep came from his pocket and he ends our embrace. "I'm sorry, I have to go. One of my other patients is having some complications. Will you be ok?" He asks while searching my eyes to make sure I was ok with it. 

 

"Yeah go on, I shouldn't keep you from your work." 

 

"Meet me later in the garden."

 

"Regular time?" 
 

"Regular time."
 

"Ok, sounds good." I say while he kisses me lightly on the forehead. 
 

"Myunghee, don't let what other people say bother you.. I know your struggling right now but I'll help you get through it

Please log in to read the full chapter