Chapter 2

Is This A Dream?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Not 20 minutes after we left the hospital, Kai stopped the car in front of a rundown apartment building. I stare at the hauntingly beautiful building and trace the cracks on the mustard yellow walls with my eyes. Not realizing that Kai got out and opened me door, I jump when he taps my shoulder. 

 

"Myunghee?"

 

"Oh sorry I didn't realize you opened my door," I half laughed. As I got out of the car I notice a strange look cross over his face. "Are you sure your friend won't mind me not paying him for a while till I find a job?" 

 

"Yeah, once I told him that you were a good friend of mine he was more than happy to help. I just wish that the building was a lot better." he says while grabbing what few bags I have out of the trunk of the car.

 

"The building is no problem" I reply secretly in love with the feeling that the building omits, the feeling of a history and a story waiting to be told. As we walk up the concrete steps to a dark green door I feel a sense of hope, hope for the future. As we step out of the hot summer air and into the cool embrace of air conditioning, I breathe in the wooden scent that is rising from the wooden floor. As we're walking I dig in my purse for my camera wanting to remember this moment, not finding I realize that I must of left it in the car. "Kai, I must of left my camera in your car, hold my purse while I run and grab it." I say while throwing my purse toward him and sprinting to the car.

 

"Hurry up" He yells impatiently.

 

As I search through the car I find it in the back seat. I run back inside to hear something crash on the floor. Once I enter the room I would be staying in I see my phone lay on the floor in shattered pieces. "What happened!" I ask while looking in Kai's eyes.

 

"I don't know! Your phone was ringing and so I went to answer it and your phone slipped out of my hands and broke." Kai said with a nervous tone in his voice.

 

"Its ok, it was getting old anyway" I say hoping to not sound to disappointed. Crap, how and I going to call Yixing now?

 

"Ill take it with me and stop by the phone store and try and get it fixed. Will you be alright without a phone for a little while?" 

 

"Yeah, Ill be fine" I say even though its not. Once I settle into my new room I lay down on my bed exhausted and before I knew it I was fast asleep. 

 

"Myunghee… Myhunghee… you need to wake up." 

 

"Mhmmm…. five more minutes" I moan while shifting away from the annoying voice that woke me up from my peaceful slumber.

 

"Its 12 o'clock… you've been sleeping for over a day… you need to get up" whispers someone close to my ear. 

 

I swat the air around my head wanting the voice to disappear. Wait…. 12…. the next day…. CRAP! I swiftly sit up in my bed and on my way up I find myself colliding heads that belonged to the pestering voice. 

 

"Ouch!" we both exclaim while rubbing our heads.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter