liar

falling apart (my pieces are scattered)

"Hyung... will... will Tao come back?"

Sehun's deep voice contradicted with his child-like face that gleamed in the lamp light. Joonmyeon was taken aback. "Sehun... yeah. Of course he'll come back. He's not leaving us don't worry. He's just taking a small break, okay?" A small, wavering okay was said in return and the blanket cover was placed over the younger's body once again and his back turned to his hyung. Joonmyeon took a longing gaze in Sehun's direction before turning off the single source of light and rolling over himself to face the darkness that covered the curtain-shielded window. It was always the same question. Is Tao coming back, hyung? Yeah. Of course.  But how can he guarantee that? His small hands twisted into the soft material of the bed and closed his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He's not coming back, Joonmyeon decides. It's better to let yourself down first so you can be prepared for the future, right? "Joonmyeon! Come on, we don't have all day!" Their instructor scolded, gesturing roughly for him to join his group mates. An apology was muttered and he stood beside Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Joonmyeon's head hung low, car vibrations knocking him over here and there. Everything became a blur as all his senses went numb and he didn't have the energy or willpower to respond to Baekhyun's question of 'What time is it?'. Even in his inattentive state he could tell something was up with his band member. He was never as bright as he used to and it was as if his voice had dulled out. A whisper was sent in Baekhyun's way, something close to "You okay, Hyun?". Silence washed over the car, suffocating the nine. "Sure." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Their manager wanted to talk to them. They were pulled away from dance practice and into his office, where several of them sat while the rest stood. All of them looked sunken and exhausted, partly from practice, but they all knew it was the scandals and discussions about Tao. Joonmyeon stared at Minseok, who's eyes were almost always focused on nothing and everything at once. He stared at Chanyeol, who always had a sour expression on his face. His heart tried to break free from his chest, blood rushing through his veins, pulse palpitating as he laid his eyes on Sehun. The maknaes' expression was unreadable. His face was blank. Glossy eyes stared at the ground, hair disheveled and it just seemed like he gave up. On the band? On himself? Joonmyeon could only pray that neither of his assumptions were true.

 

"Why'd you call us here?" As the leader, he decided to speak up. 

 

"Well, as you know, Tao hasn't been here for the past week or so." Their manager began to speak, face clear of any sign that Tao was coming back or leaving. Curse words rotated like a gun barrel inside his head and he held his breath.

 

"Is he coming back?" A hoarse voice wavered from the crowd, cracking. Sehun's faithful face joined his words, eyes darker than usual. The room shifted into reluctance. 

 

"Unfortunately no, Tao is no longer a member of EXO." 

 

Yixing looked horrified. He's the last one left. He's the last one left. 

 

"But... Joonmyeon hyung... He..." Sehun tried to grasp onto his words but slipped out of his reach. Their manager looked almost saddened. Almost.

 

"What Joonmyeon said meant nothing. Go back to rehearsals." He left the boys in silence and let the door slam shut. 

 

Joonmyeon reluctantly gazed over and Sehun's eyes hardened as they met with his leaders'. Sehun sharply turned his head before Joonmyeon could see his eyes glaze over. 'You lied,' Sehun thought bitterly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 'Liar.'