final.

Not Too Late for Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8:00 am

The teasing laughter of her bridesmaids. The soft shades of the pink and the plum of her flowers. The vast assemble of the countless makeup and hair products lying on the vanity table before her.

Everything was so surreal, yet Ahyoung could not pinpoint why she felt so uneasy. Whether it was just a simple case of premarital jitters or something more, she couldn’t tell. 

Quickly plastering on the twentieth fake smile of her morning, the bride-to-be thanked another pair of people who expressed their congratulations. 

Was it too late to turn back now?

 

 

9:00 am

“Sehun is a lucky man,” he whispered softly under his breath as he beheld her in her wedding dress. His comment did not go unnoticed by the bride.

“Oh, Minseok…” Ahyoung sighed.

“You look absolutely stunning,” was all he could manage to say. 

“Thank you,” was all she could manage to reply.

“Why not me?” he asked.

Ahyoung opened , only to hesitate.

Why not him?

As she asked herself this question, she could not remember why she had chosen her fiancé over Minseok – the man who had been with her through thick and thin, through every past heartbreak, through sickness and good health. 

She thought back on their memories together. The time when she almost failed her calculus course and he was there to stay up late to help her study during those long nights. The time when he punched her first boyfriend in the face for breaking up with her through a simple phone call. The time when he skipped his first day of work to go to her apartment and make her congee when she had a burning fever.

“Because I love him,” she finally answered. 

But do I really, she wondered to herself as she looked upon the heartbroken expression of her best friend. She could feel her own heart shattering into pieces with him.

It was too late to take back what had happened in the past now.

 

 

10:00 am

“Are you sure you can’t make it to at least the ceremony?”

Minseok, please say no. I need you.

“Ahyoung, you already know why I can’t.”

Minseok, please don’t go. I don’t know how I’ll live without you.

“I’m really sorry things didn’t work out between us.”

Minseok, please stay. I think I lo–

“Yeah, me too.”

A soft goodbye had barely escaped her lips before he closed the door and walked out on her. 

It was too late for them now.

 

 

11:00 am

Am I ready to commit to Sehun for the rest of my life?

What has Sehun ever done for me?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter