Chapter 2

My Uncle Blade

      "wake up sweetie," 

Nanami heard Aiesha say softly. She hadn't even realized that she had fallen asleep.

       " We're at the airport. Are you ready to see what America is like!," Aiesha exclaimed clasping her hands together.

       "It's really no better than here," blade said walking toward the doors that led to the front of the airport. 

Aiesha shook her head. 

       "Hey! Wait up don't just leave us."

Aiesha grabbed Nanami's hand and rushed behind him. Nanami wanted to believe that everything was going to be alright and that her uncle was going to take care of her, but something just didn't feel right. In fact nothing felt right. First of all she had no idea who this man was. Sure people kept saying that he was her uncle at the funneral, but she never even knew her mother had a brother. There were no pictures of him anywhere in her house and he never called. Second her grandmother was still alive and well, so why couldn't she stay with her. Nanami felt as if she would rather have stayed with her grandmother who was very understanding and kind, unlike her strange uncle. Lastly, it just seemed as if  her uncled didn't like her at all. They had walked up to the waiting area and sat down to wait for their plane. Nanami sat in between her uncle and Aiesha. 

      "I'm hungry," Aiesha whined.

       "Well you had the chance to eat."

       "Mmmmm... I wanted american food."

       "Well you're in luck, because you just won yourself a nice long trip back to america.

Aiesha crossed her arms in fustration.

       " I need a drink." 

       " And you definitley don't need that."

       "Oh look who cares," Aiesha said with a smirk on her face.Blade frowned at her and pulled out his cell phone from his Black jacket pocket. Nanami spotted a little girl with her parents from out of the coner of her eye. The little girl was playing with a doll in her mother's lap. Suddenly memories of Nanami and her mother begin to fill her head. Before she knew it she began crying again. 

       " Blade! Blade! She's doing it again!," Aiesha said panicking.

       "Doing what?," Blade asked not looking up from his phone,

       "Crying! What the heck else."

      "Oh."

       "BLADE! Seriously  do something! "

      "Aiesha ..., He paused a moment, "if you are so pressed about this than maybe you should do something. "

Aiesh slowly  walked toward Nanami and smiled. 

       "Hey sweetie. Don't cry I know you're sad but please try to be strong. "

Nanami sat there quietly trying  to stop the tears that were escaping from her eyes. She never really tried to be disobedient, but she couldn't help but wonder why no one would let her be sad about her mother's death. It was as if it was a bad thing to be sad. She was tired of people telling her that she had to be strong and that she had to be a big girl. Do big girls ever cry? She wondered as she looked at her uncle's  girlfriend. 

       " I'm sorry honey," Aiesha  said brushing back her hair from her face. 

       " Our plane is here," Blade said walking toward them.

Nanami hesitated but got up and started walking along side both of them.