5

Hidden Gem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    The two spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around the garden, talking sometimes and other times let the silence act as a comfort when they wanted to enjoy the scenery. Eunsu was still little hesitant about the situation since she didn’t fully understand what was going on. But he seemed really sweet and there was no way she would let a bit of confusion scare her away. She asked him to teach her a few phrases in Thai, now set on learning the language. Eunsu was confident in how to say hello and could tell Kunpimook was happy that she was interested, but she still felt curious about the conversation he had with his mother a few hours ago.

 

    “So, what was your mom saying earlier?” She asked, and could swear she saw a faint blush appear on his cheeks.

 

    “Ah, don’t worry about that, it’s nothing,” he said. She looked at him as they continued to walk hand in hand, wondering why he was embarrassed.

 

    “Really? Was it is a secret? You can trust me,” Eunsu said with a playful batting of her eyelashes. Kunpimook let out a small laugh.

 

    “You want to know that bad?” He said. She nodded, a bit stubborn even when it comes to small things like this. He let out a dramatic sigh and Eunsu just tilted her head, suppressing a grin.

 

    “She thought you were my girlfriend and was talking about how glad she was that I found someone whose family she knew,” he said, eyes not meeting hers. Eunsu thought of how the woman would know her family, but then remembered the questioning of her dad and it made sense. Her father probably had connections that tied to the family’s stay in Korea and that’s how they knew one other. Fair enough.

 

    “Oh, okay,” was all Eunsu said, satisfied with the answer he gave.

 

    “Okay?” He asked, now looking at her a bit surprised but still lighthearted.

 

    “Yeah, she knows who my dad is, that makes sense,” she said as their hands fell apart when the boy stopped walking down the path. Eunsu stood still as she was now a step ahead of him and turned back to see what happened.

 

    “So you’re fine with her thinking you're my girlfriend,” he said, knowing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter