4

Hidden Gem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sure,” Eunsu said with a forced smile as she looked at the boy. She really had no clue what was going on, but it was interesting and kind of exciting. The mild autumn air caressed their skin as they walked out onto the patio. The girl thought of what to say as she let her hand go limp in the boy’s grasp, slowly their hands disconnected as she followed him through the groomed path into the garden.

 

“So, what does your mom do for a living?” Eunsu asked, curious as to how the woman knew of her father. The boy slowed his pace as he looked at her, a confused look donning his face that was soon replaced with a small smile tugging the corner of the lips.

 

“She’s the queen,” He said, as if Eunsu should know this. The girl raised a brow, unsure of what he was saying.

 

“Queen of what?” she asked.

 

“The Queen of Thailand,” Kunpimook replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Eunsu let out a laugh, thinking the boy was joking, which caused him to look at her, confused yet again. The two made eye contact as they stood still, surrounded by bushes of roses and the girl’s laughter started to die down.

 

“That’s funny, but really though,” she said, wanting him to tell her the truth. The boy just cocked his head.

 

“Why is that funny?” he asked. The smile fell of off Eunsu’s face. Was he being serious?

 

“Your mother’s not the queen of Thailand,” Eunsu said, becoming more unsure of her words as she realized she actually had no clue who the royal family of Thailand really was. She knew they still had a bit of a monarchy over there, but wasn’t into politics and things so she didn’t ever bother learning about any country unless she studied it in school.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter