Chapter 5: Tale of the Dark Princes

Safe & Sound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Sungmin.

Kyuhyun had never laid eyes on anyone as perfect as the second year vampire. Honey brown hair that looked as soft as it felt, huge innocent eyes, full kissable lips, y petite body and an even ier . Lee Sungmin was every guy’s dream fantasy and when the vampire caught his eyes and motioned him onto the dance floor, Kyuhyun almost melted right there and then.

It didn’t take a time long for the both of them to end up in Sungmin’s dorm, stumbling as they entered, lips moving desperately and eagerly against each other. Clothes were scattered, condoms were put on and in a matter of seconds, the room was full of blissful moans and groans. When Kyuhyun found his release, his lover came with him shortly after.

“That was… That was…” Kyuhyun trailed off, not being able to find the right words as he stared at the perfect vampire underneath him.

The vampire smiled shyly, his cheeks turning pink. “Amazing.”

The vampires went a couple more rounds before sleep found them. Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around his lover, his mind overwhelmed with the thought of finally, finally he had met the one. Kyuhyun wanted nothing more than to hold this person close to him forever, having fallen deep for him even if it was only the first time they met.

The next morning, Kyuhyun was startled awake. He wiped away the sweat trickling down his face with the back of his hands and then rubbed his chest to calm himself from the chilling nightmare he just had. Ryeowook… Kyuhyun clamped his mouth shut when realization hit upon him, that he wasn’t in his own dorm and that Ryeowook was alone. Stumbling out of the bed, Kyuhyun sloppily put on his jeans and fumbled around to find his shirt, leaving as fast as he could without turning back.

When Kyuhyun got back to his own dorm, Ryeowook was already awake. The kid was reading a book on his bed, closing it shut when he spotted Kyuhyun leaning against the door, hair and clothes all dishevelled and heaving heavily, gasping for air.

“Kyuhyun,” Ryeowook begun but stopped when Kyuhyun held up his hand.

“Ryeowook….” Kyuhyun exhaled roughly. “You’re okay.”

Unsure of what was really going on, Ryeowook watched quietly as Kyuhyun finally calmed down and pushed himself against the door and walked towards his bed. Kyuhyun flopped onto his bed, grabbing onto his pillow and screamed into it. God, he was so enraged. What the had just happened? Did he really just walked out on the love of his life for Ryeowook? , Kyuhyun swore under his breath, thinking that he was really screwed up.

Kyuhyun had met Sungmin last night, at Cube- a secret hangout place located at a basement of one of the buildings in the school for only thirty of the most popular kids in school. The place was filled with damned heavenly good-looking vampires, all thirty personally given an invitation by the founder of Cube: Jung Yunho. Kyuhyun was approached by the charismatic vampire since the first day of his arrival and at first, he hadn’t thought much about it, didn’t even know what it was until he met Heechul and Kangin. Just as Kyuhyun had predicted, Heechul and Kangin got their invitation and just like that, they were the only three first-year students to get invited to Cube.  

People were partying hard at Cube when they arrived and when Kyuhyun spotted Sungmin on the dance floor, he fell. Kyuhyun had never believed in love at first sight but damn, he was already falling for that tease the moment he laid eyes on him. They talked and danced and Kyuhyun was sure he was already hooked. The was mind-blowing and Kyuhyun had every intention of asking the cutie out the next morning when he woke up. But , what happened… Why did he ended up running out of the room?

Ryeowook was bitten.

Right, it. He dreamt that Ryeowook was bitten. He couldn’t see who it was or where they were but he remembered the look on Ryeowook’s face clearly and the scream… The ear-splitting scream that woke up him sent shivers down his spine. He recalled the look on Ryeowook’s face, the light in his eyes disappearing in a flash the moment a pair of sharp fangs pierced into his neck. Somehow, just recalling the dream again made him sweaty and Kyuhyun quickly looked up from his pillow to the fat pig sitting on the bed, looking at him a little worriedly.

“Kyu, where have you been? Are you okay?”

Kyuhyun nodded absentmindedly, catching his breath as he sat up and crossed his leg. He took in the fat ’s body and his face and he shrivelled in disgust. Did he really just ran away from someone as perfect as Sungmin to someone like.. this? God, what was happening to him?

“Kyuhyun, did you hear me? Are you feeling unwell?”

Kyuhyun shook his head, fast. “I’m fine, I’m fine. Just… I was at a friend’s.”

Ryeowook released a sigh and nodded, opening his book and starting to read again. Oddly, he had to book so close to his face Kyuhyun wondered if he was trying to kiss the book or something. It wasn’t until he caught the fat pig blinking a few times and readjusting the distance of the book from his eye that he realized that , his glasses, Heechul broke his glasses.

“Your glasses,” Kyuhyun muttered. “I’m… I… Heechul didn’t mean it.”

Kyuhyun froze when he remembered that , Heechul breaking the pig’s glasses wasn’t the only thing that happened yesterday. “And I… Uh… I’m sorry about dumping lunch onto you yesterday… I… I just didn’t… I didn’t want you making friends with that kid.”

Ryeowook continued reading his book, shaking his head. “It’s okay…. I understand.”

“No, really, Ryeowook, you shouldn’t make friends with him. I think he’s suspicious-”

“I get it, Kyuhyun. He’s a vampire and I shouldn’t make friends with a vampire in case he finds out what I really am.” Ryeowook sighed and closed the book, looking up to Kyuhyun. He gave Kyuhyun a honest smile, “I understand why you had to do what you did.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, in a way, it’s kind of … smart. Other students definitely won’t dare making friends with me knowing that I’m your bully victim and no one will know I’m a human.”

Kyuhyun winced at that but Ryeowook smiled innocently and he knew that Ryeowook meant it lightly, not trying to offend him in any way. That was Ryeowook after all and like what Kyuhyun had thought, he knew that Ryeowook would still forgive him no matter what he did.

“Good then,” Kyuhyun nodded, finding his confidence back. “Good that you know it.”

“I know, Kyu.” Ryeowook smiled faintly, “I know you’re just trying to protect me.”

***

It was a mistake.

As the day went on, Kyuhyun was starting to feel even more of a jerk than he already was. Walking out on Sungmin in the morning… What was he thinking? So what if Ryeowook got bitten? He wouldn’t care less! All he wanted right now was to find the second-year vampire, whoever that was going to stop him.

As fate would have it, Kyuhyun’s eyes spotted the second-year vampire. He was chatting elegantly with a few of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter