Fourteen.

Not Alone

Tiffany POV

 

 

 

 

 

“I hate that class,” Jessica groaned as we walked out of the gymnasium.

We just finished the last class of the day and I was exhausted. Physical training will do that to me though… thank goodness it was last.

“Why can’t we get another period of ability practice instead?” She sighed.

“What if you can't use your ability for some reason one day pabo,” Yuri teased. “What are you going to do then? You can’t fight everyone off with your icy glares.” Jess acted offended, but I had to laugh. She did have quite a few of those…

“That’s what you're there for Yuri-yah~,” she cooed. I cringed.

I loved Jess and Yuri both, but watching them flirt all the time was even more exhausting than gym class. It was cute don’t get me wrong, and I love that Jessica has such an amazing girlfriend… but did they need to act this cute all the time?

“Oh yeah,” Yuri asked playfully. She put her arm around Jessica and I think that was my cue to leave.

“I’m gonna go,” I said before making a left turn at the hall. They stopped immediately.

“What? Why,” Jess asked with a frown. “I thought you were going to get a juice with us?” I shook my head.

“Nah, I’m gonna go shower and rest.” I laughed. “Have a nice date~!” I saw Jess stick her tongue out at me before they kept walking, and I turned toward the dorm and did the same exact thing. I wasn't the only one either. Most of the other girls were also heading back to the female dorm too.

Instead of splitting the martial arts classes up by our grades like they do for the Ability Training, our school only separated the boys from the girls. Our school also made this the last class of the day so we could go back to our rooms and rest and shower if we wanted to without feeling rushed before another class. The school day was technically over after that class so we could do whatever we wanted…  until dinner at six of course.

I saw a couple girls that I knew from being at school with last year heading back, but I wasn't even sure of most of the other people’s names. That’s what happens when they merge nine schools into three… er well pretty much two. The school in China only accepts people that are Level One and above so it has a lot less people than the other two… like a LOT. I-

“Hey Tiffany,” a voice from beside me said. Who in the world was- Omo!

“Oh hey Sooyoung, Sunny I didn’t see you guys there,” I said honestly. They grinned, “Are you heading back to the dorm?” Sunny nodded.

“Yeah, I need to shower before I do anything else… That workout was hard.” I nodded.

“Oh my gosh, same,” I said. Sunny laughed. “I guess I didn’t realize how out of shape I was.” Sooyoung hummed.

While Jessica might not be their biggest fan, I didn’t have a problem with them… or anyone really. I tried to get along with almost everyone and Sunny and Sooyoung made it so easy! We have all been going to the same school since we were kids so it wasn't like we were strangers, but we were never that close either.

“I think everyone but Yuri was struggling honestly.”

“That’s the truth,” I agreed. “Sometimes I think all that girl does is work out.” They laughed.

With the lessons being extra hard this year though it’s totally gonna work to her advantage too. Our trainer said that the first few weeks would just be a lot of conditioning… and THEN the martial arts would begin.

“I hope Taeyeon did some kind of sport back in Korea,” Sooyoung laughed. “Or she’ll be doomed training with us.” Oh my- I didn't even think about her. I wanted to give Taeyeon the benefit of the doubt and say that she’d be okay, but I just couldn't bring myself to lie like that .

Sooyoung was right.

This was challenging for us, who have been doing this kind of thing since middle school. I remember a girl who joined us freshman year after finally discovering she had abilities and she was physically behind for months.

I felt bad for her. I mean she eventually caught up, but it was still rough for a while… a long while.

Poor Taeyeon. I hope she was some kind of track athlete for her sake...

“I didn't see her in training though, did you?” I shook my head and Sooyoung did too.

“Nope, they probably kept her in her level training,” Sooyoung replied as we entered the dorm building. “The other zero has never been to any of our trainings so they might not let her either?”

Omo, she was right! The other Level Zero doesn't even attend regular classes with her grade… they wouldn't keep Taeyeon from going either would they?

“That’s what I was thinking too,” Sunny said. “They might be waiting until they’re sure she can control her ability or something… I know what she did was an accident and everything, but imagine that but with all the students in our training class... It would not be good.” Sooyoung hummed and I couldn’t help but mentally agree.

Some of us would have no problem with defending ourselves, but then some of the kids in there are level four and five… they would be almost helpless.

“If you see her though tell her that it’s spaghetti night, okay? We’ll save her a seat.” I was confused for a second, but then I realized we had already made it to the elevator. I guess their room was down farther.

“Okay, will do,” I told them cheerfully. I didn’t know when I’d see her, but when I did I’ll be sure to tell her… after I ask a few questions about how Level Zero training was that is.

What? Sorry if I’m curious… okay?

I walked in my room less than a minute later and- Oh? I noticed a rather peculiar shape under the covers on Taeyeon’s bed and that only meant one thing.

Taeyeon was already here… and asleep.

Damn! I had so many questions I wanted to ask her too. I chuckled at myself.

I guess I was more curious about her than I had originally thought. I don’t think anyone could blame me though. Zeroes were very rare to find and I was luckily put in a room with one! Who wouldn’t be curious about her?

I was excited to ask about how a Level Zero class went because none of us had obviously ever been in one and about the other Level Zero girl in general... but I guess it was all going to have to wait until she woke up. Thankfully by the time I came back in the room from the showers, she was up and playing a game on her phone.

“Oh? Hey, you’re awake,” I said as I was kind of surprised. I watched Taeyeon briefly glance over her phone.

“Yup. I needed a rest.” I nodded.

A rest? I internally laughed. It’s her first day, she can’t be that tired of it yet… I guess if I was in her shoes I’d be kind of exhausted too. All of this must be so crazy for her...

“Ah,” I sounded as I remembered.  “Sooyoung asked me to remind you that it’s spaghetti night and that they’ll save you a seat at dinner later.” I noticed her grin as she violently tapped on her phone.

“Okay cool. Thanks,” she said. I nodded.

“No problem.” I put all of my shower stuff back in its drawer and quickly sat back on my bed. I wanted to ask like a billion questions so I waited for her to finish playing, but Taeyeon was still so focused on her game… should I just ask anyway? Or would that be rude?

I don’t know if it was because I was just so curious and excited to finally see into the world of a Level Zero or what, but the next thing I know my big mouth opens up and asks the question I’ve wanted to for the past hour.

“So how’d it go?” Taeyeon didn’t seem fazed.

“How’d what go?”

She’s gotta be kidding... right?

I paused to see if she was going to say anything else but- oh... I guess not. Okay, wow.

“Your class? How did it go? Did you meet the other Level Zero?”

“Oh, right,” she said before taking a deep breath. She hit her phone one more time and sat up in bed. “Yeah it was okay,” she added. “Definitely not what I expected.” I could tell by her expression that she wasn’t lying either.

“What the class or the girl,” I asked even though I already had a pretty good idea. She laughed.

“Both actually.” I had to laugh too. “Seohyun was really nice though, I can’t believe people made up such crazy rumors about her,” she said.

Omo. She was nice?!

“Really?” Taeyeon nodded. “Well I guess that doesn't really surprise me,” I said after thinking about it for a second. She looked confused. “Since no one really knows anything about her, why not make up a crazy story?” She shrugged. “Jessica probably heard her dad wrong that day for sure. Didn’t Sunny say she was nice?” She nodded again.

“Yeah I think so.” I grinned .

“See~,” I held out teasingly. She smiled… but now the real questions. “How was the class though? Did you get to practice your ability?”

I think this was even more interesting for me because my best friend is a Level One ice manipulator and now my roommate is a Level Zero ice manipulator. I was really curious about how big the actual gap is between levels. I mean Jessica is one of the most impressive people with abilities I know. She’s been number one in school for as long as I can remember with good reason. She’s the best!

Just how much more powerful is a Level Zero?

Taeyeon kind of chuckled.

“Well, kind of I guess,” she replied. “I practiced an ability.”

Okay?

“And?” She sighed.

“And apparently I’m telepathic now too? I don’t know,” she sighed again before falling back on her bed. “It’s all too confusing to me. I need another nap.”

Uhh, hold on just a second there...

She’s WHAT?

Level Zero ice manipulation AND telepathy? Did that include telekinesis too because it usually did… and that’s just not fair!

“You can… you read minds?!”

Oh god, not only is that not fair, it’s an invasion of privacy! How am I going to live in a room with someone that can always tell what I’m thinking?! Oh my- she’s going to know every single time I mentally call her cute from now on too… I’m ruined.

Omo- wait. She didn’t just hear me say that did she?

Did you, I asked mentally.

“Not even a little bit. I still think that doctor is crazy.” I mentally sighed.

Thank goodness… but that doesn’t explain why he thinks that?

“Why would he say you're telepathic if you aren't? Doctor Snow is like the Albert Einstein of superhuman abilities. He wouldn’t just make stuff up.” She gave me the biggest ‘I don’t know’ expression I've ever seen in my life. It was almost comical.

“I literally have no idea,” she said exhaustedly. “This is just way too much for me to handle. First the ice and now telepathy… why can’t I just have the power to talk to cats… jeesh.”

“I-” I had so many more questions for her but her expression combined with her kinda depressed tone made me hold back.

I can just ask her more about it later… and I mean I will. I didn’t even get to ask what Seohyun’s power was yet and trust me that was in the top three.

Right now however, I think she needed to get her mind off it.

I actually couldn't even imagine walking into my power like she did. If I all of a sudden went from having no power to having all the power that I do right now I think everywhere in a hundred mile radius would be ashes.

Seriously.

For someone in her shoes I’d say she was doing fairly well… and besides-

“I don't think you’d want to talk to cats,” I said honestly. “There’s a girl a year younger than us that can talk to animals and you should hear the things cats say about humans sometimes.” I shook my head. “They’re surprisingly rude.”

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________

 

Sorry it takes me so long to updateTT.TT
I really do feel bad about it :[

Let me know what you want to see next and I'll try to make it happen!!:p
 

 

Thanks for reading everyone <3
[don't hate me]

 

p.s. I don't know how to get the chapter's font to un-bold and I'm sorry if that bothers you!
It annoys the crap out of me too though so don't worry. rip