Enchanted Night

MOONLIGHT GIRL

Flashback....

 

 

 

“Are you sure it’s a safe neighborhood?”  I already asked Taeyang a hundred times.  I just bought a house which he personally suggested.  He is already getting impatient with my constant nagging.

“Jiyong!  You already bought the house.  Go and live for a week to know it yourself.  You’re such a paranoid.”

“You knew what happened at my previous house.  I can’t take risk anymore.”

“For the last time, Jiyong.  Trust me.  No one in that neighborhood knows you exist.  Okay?”

I stopped nagging Taeyang.  I have to trust him on this one.  I don’t really have a choice anyway.  My stuffs were already shifted to my new house.  I just need to settle in. 

Being popular is becoming a nuisance already.  I couldn’t get any privacy even at my own home.  The last incident rally freaked me out.  Who would dare install a hidden camera right inside my bedroom?  I have to put the poor woman in custody to give her a lesson.  I’ve never been so humiliated in my life.

 

The interior decorator I hired did a good job at my new house.  Everything suits my taste.  He knows me really well.  I have a small garden in front of the house.  It’s quite ideal for barbeque party among small group of friends.  But I don’t plan to bring any of them in my house except Taeyang.  I don’t want them to know where I live.  It might get exposed to the public.  Yes.  I’m paranoid.  Who wouldn’t?

It was my first night at my new house.  I was getting ready to sleep when I noticed the lights switched on from my neighbor’s.  It’s past midnight.  I ignored it and jumped on my bed.

I was already half-asleep when I thought I heard someone singing.  Not really singing, but humming.  She has such a sweet voice.  She stopped humming then I heard laughter.  I opened my eyes and listened carefully.

“Careful.  It might bite you.”  I heard an older woman’s voice.  She just keeps laughing.

I should be irritated by now.  Who on earth could be playing at this wee hour of the night?  Taeyang said it’s a quiet neighborhood.

I walked to my window and heard her laughing joyfully.  The older woman kept shushing her.  I parted the curtain to see what she was laughing about.  Her back was on me.  All I could see is the dog she was holding trying to reach her face.  She squealed when the puppy her face.

“Dara!”  The old woman reprimanded her.  Maybe she felt someone is watching them.  She instinctively looked at my window.  She grabbed the young girl’s arm and pulled her inside the house.

“Dara.”  I called her name in the dark.  Her voice got stuck inside my head.