Good Father

SuRene Drabble

For the past months, Junmyeon did everything to win his family back. To win Joohyun back to his life. He was hopeful. There are times that he was close to a confession but stops himself because he knows that she is not ready. Junmyeon have been busy persuading Joohyun to move with him. She still said no. So, he’s been living in two places. One his apartment and two Joohyun’s and Joonho’s apartment. At first Joohyun is against this plan that Junmyeon could stay, but after Joonho making a fuss that why aren’t Junmyeon living with them and all, Joohyun can’t just tell him the truth about her and his father relationship. He just warming up about having a family and Joohyun doesn’t want to crush his dream. She felt that would be so wrong and she’s feels Joonho will be saddened about it. So, she just endured it.

For the past few months, Joohyun saw how hard working Junmyeon is and how committed Junmyeon is to his family and his work. Even he has lots of workloads he still has time for his family. Joohyun can’t believe it seeing how Junmyeon make things work. She sees him in a new light. There this one time when Junmyeon rushed to the hospital thinking Joonho was seriously sick because he fainted at school. He just left in the middle of a meeting that is. And Joohyun will never forget his face when he runs through Joonho’s room. His face is full of worried and also scared. He just saw Joonho and hug him and said “I’m glad you’re okay. My strong boy.” Giving a kiss on his son forehead. Joohyun thinks that he wanted to cry but no, he just relieved seeing his son is okay and just down with a fever flu that his little body can’t manage. That’s why he fainted. Joohyun was also shocked that Junmyeon must rushed back to his office because he just walked out of a meeting without explanation. He’s in a rush. Seeing Joonho is okay and Joohyun is beside him making him relieve and he just kissed Joonho and also Joohyun temple to her surprised and just left. Joohyun was beet red after that kiss. She cupped cheeks and mumbled “I’ll kill you Junmyeon.” With a smiling face on her.

              When Junmyeon broke the news to his family about him having a kid. His mom doesn’t hesitate to hit him and saying “Why do you impregnated a random girl? And why can’t you look for Joohyun? What did do you do to Joohyun? When will you look for her?” his mother keeps on hitting him in agony. Junmyeon doesn’t have a chance to explain. When his father stops his mother so that she can give a chance for Junmyeon to explain. Junmyeon just smile at his parents and said, “Omoni, Abeoji I know you think that this is a mistake but to me this is not. It’s my mistake for leaving them. It’s Joohyun omma, it’s Joohyun. I found her. I found her and our son.” He explained with tears b in his eyes. “I left her omma, I left when she needed me the most. She was pregnant with my baby when I broke up with her when I selfishly left for my study. I don’t even let her tell me anything.” He said with regret in his voice. His mother is already sobbing in her husband’s embrace. Don’t know is it a happy tears or sad tears. “Ohmy my poor child and my grandchild,” she sobbed feeling sorry for the girl that she has always been fond of. When she knows that Junmyeon broke up with her for his studies she thinks it’s just ridiculous. And she swears that Junmyeon will never find a girl like Joohyun or even can love anyone like he does to Joohyun.

“Bring them here Junmyeon. Bring them home. We want to see them. We want to see our grandchild.” His father voice out. Junmyeon just nod. “What is his name Junmyeon-ah?” his mother asked after the sobbing mess. Junmyeon automatically smiled. “Joonho. Kim Joonho.” She smiled. “Joohyun must have loved you a lot. She even named the child last name after her father. I’m grateful. She is a nice young lady Junmyeon.” Junmyeon just nod regretfully. “Yeah mum, I know. I’m trying to pursue her again. But it’s hard. It’s like she built a wall in a heart, especially for me. I hurt her deeply omma. I regret it so much.” He sighs.

“She just needs time to trust you again Junmyeon. She’s hurt. She just needs time. So don’t give up on her. Show her how much you love her, and don’t you ever gave up.” His mum gave him advice. He just nod. Her father interferes,

“I can’t wait to meet the little guy!” he squeals excited turning to his wife, “I can’t believe that we have a grandson. How is he like Junmyeon?” He asked his son with twinkling eyes. Junmyeon just smile just thinking about Joonho.

“He’s a great kid. Very bubbly, very smart. I don’t know how Joohyun did it but she’s done a pretty good job with Joonho. You will just fall in love with him as soon as your eyes set on that little guy. Even his manners are great. I can’t wait for you guys to meet him. He’s great, gorgeous. I can’t believe I miss the early 5 years of his life.” He said regretfully. “Maybe this is the time we can reconnect. There’s always good after the bad Junmyeon, just be positive.” His mum advice. He just nod.

When Junmyeon tells Joohyun about his parents knowing about Joonho and all she freaks out. She’s mad but at the same time relief and also nervous. She paced back and fort in the living room. Junmyeon just watch her silently. Joohyun muttered under his breath and Junmyeon just hear a certain word like what if, don’t like, mad? Something like that. Junmyeon can’t stand the silent anymore and about to talk when Joohyun abruptly stops and face him.

“Why did you tell them about Joon? Do you tell them about who is Joon’s mother?” Junmyeon just nod. Joohyun shrieks “Oh my god!!!” and continued muttering under her breath, “What if they don’t like me? What if they think I’m a dirty woman? What if they don’t accept Joonho?” all those negatives thoughts. Junmyeon stand and grab Joohyun’s arm to calm her down, “Joohyun, my mother doesn’t even think that. She likes you remember? And I’m sure she will like Joonho. I’m sure of it. Don’t worry. He rubs her upper arm to calm her down. Joohyun just sigh and nod. 

“Okay, you can bring Joonho to your parents’ house. They deserve to know who Joonho is anyway. Until when am I gonna hide him. He practically yours too.”

She gave up. Junmyeon’s face scrunch, “Joohyun, I think you are missing a point here. I’m bringing you along. I’m bringing Joonho’s mother along. I’m bringing the love of my life to meet my parents too. And besides, my parents wanted to meet you too.” Joohyun face heated up hearing Junmyeon addressing her in the most endearing way she almost melt to goo. In a daze she just nod, and Junmyeon just embracing Joohyun in his arm hugging her tight and saying thank you and Joohyun can hear a little faint of I love yous under his breath but pretended not to noticed it.