acoustic

antithesis

a/n: this is nowhere near as much as i wanted to give y'all but life keeps getting in the way but i promise updates will be more regular from now on! hope you enjoy this chapteryou beautiful people (❛‿❛✿̶̥̥)

there was always something about acoustic songs that soonyoung was in love with, whether it was the original or merely a remake. whilst pop songs are mainly engulfed with distracting bgm, soonyoung believes, nope, he knows that there’s potential for an acoustic version of that song - he always felt as if an acoustic version was the honest, version of a song. it was his personal metaphor for people.

take kim mingyu for example, one of the most popular kids in the whole school who’s acknowledged for not only his good looks but also for his above average grades and happy-go-lucky attitude yet he was really good friends with soonyoung, the inbetweener who spends most of his time with his head stuck in a novel with only a handful of friends.

kim mingyu was like a really playful, always hyper husky. this particular ever so hyper member of the ‘popular’ crew was (more often that not) on the receiving end of the jokes and the pranks.

’it’s just a bit of banter’, ‘he’s used to it’, ‘why do you even care, do you want to get into his pants or something?’ - these were the most used excuses when his so called friends were confronted about their treatment to the resident sunshine in seventeen school.

it irritated soonyoung a lot, the pathetic overused excuses and mingyu’s indifferent facade.

“, mingyu!” soonyoung groaned after hearing his friend on the phone.

“hyung, i’m really so sorry but i’m very nearly late to my class and you know what mr jung is like! i’m going to get killed!” mingyu’s heavy breathing was all soonyoung could hear between every couple of words.

sympathising with his pitiful, loveable pet-like dongsaeng, soonyoung sighed in defeat.

“only if you don’t just call me hyung when you need something but from now on, okay?”

all he could hear after that was mingyu’s proclamations of love over the phone until he got fed up and hung up.

‘how the am i meant to get his bike from the top of the ing tree?’

 

 

to: youngie

from: cheollie

ya i’m outside your house
 

to: youngie

from: cheollie

dude
 

to: youngie

from: cheollie

nvr mnd, mrs kwon let me in
 

to: youngie

from: cheollie

if u dn’t come soon i’ll set ur summer house on *fire emoji*

 

to: cheol

from: young

i’m currently trying to climb a tree cheol, just make yourself at home!

 

to: youngie

from: cheollie

jihoonie’s here now. dn’t rush

 

 

to: gyutie

from: hoshi

i got your bike


to: gyutie

from: hoshi

p.s.: i’m hanging out in the summer house so just tell my mum she’ll lead you out

 


 

“who are you texting?” the voice made soonyoung tear his eyes away from his phone.

soonyoung hummed whilst putting his phone on top of the table, “just letting mingyu know i’ve got his bike”

the pair were left together as seungcheol lost rock, paper and scissors and had to collect their takeaway order.

jihoon stopped and seemed to think about it then replied softly, “come back here then”

soonyoung just walked over, grabbed his book and rested his head on jihoon’s lap once again.

little did they know, around 30 minutes had already passed and soonyoung was nearly finished with his book.

suddenly, jihoon’s hands stopped soonyoung’s hair.

a familiar voice spoke, “hyung you look so smart when you read. it’s quite a rare sight”

soonyoung sat up and glared, “next time someone decides to put your bike up a tree, get it yourself!”

 

 

“min?” seokmin grunted out of acknowledgement. he was trying to blow up his own air bed because mingyu insisted that it was ‘so much fun’ to sleep on one and seokmin was feeling adventurous that afternoon.

“do you like think that like if you ever break up with seungkwan, you’d be able to be friends with him again?” mingyu was scrolling down twitter, seemingly indifferent to the answer.

seokmin didn’t hesitate before replying, “probably, yeah. how come?”

mingyu nodded to himself, “someone on my twitter just retweeted this quote account and the tweet was like ‘if you can still be friends with an ex then you either never loved them or you still do’? or something like that i don’t know, it’s confusing me”

“how ambiguous of them…” he didn’t want to admit it but he knew in his heart which reason it was that he would still be friends with seungkwan even after their inevitable break-up.

“anyway, why did it take you so long to get here gyu?? you said you’d be here straight after school!” seokmin’s voice sounded irritated but it was probably due to how bored he was before the other came.

mingyu laughed out of fondness, being friends with the latter for a more than a few years had taught him to distinguish the other’s moods as if it was his own.

“because someone thought that it’ll be funny to put my bike up the tree, .”

seokmin laughed, “it was probably minghao’s idea if anything. i thought you had mr jung last? didn’t he kill you for being late?”

“i did yeah so i asked a friend to get it for me” mingyu’s reply had seokmin stiffen with curiosity.

trying to sound anything but interested, seokmin bluntly asked “who?”

“soonyoung hyung, he never has anything last on a thursday. then i got a lift from a classmate from mr jung’s class to his house after lesson”

seokmin wouldn’t be surprised if he was turning green with jealousy.

“he was with jihoon hyung though, so i didn’t stay too long.” mingyu continues, oblivious to his best friend’s inner turmoil, “that’s why i asked you about that quote thing earlier, i find it amazing that they’re still friends after being lovers!”

seokmin was sure he would overdose with anger soon, so he said what he knew would take for mingyu to shut up.

“who the cares? they’re just a bunch of losers.”