prologue

antithesis

A/N: hello readers (if ur also a reader of prints u are awesome)!! this is only a prologue because i want the actual chapters to be longer like around 2k each! beware of swearing. comments are always appreciated. without further ado, please enjoy antithesis!(✿◠‿◠) 

 

 

 

lee seokmin is one of the most (if not the most) popular person in the school. he was the epitome of a jack-of-all-trades: high grades, captain of the football team, a smile worthy of a toothpaste commercial, money and his voice could reach notes that most singers could only dream of.

and of course, there’s only so many good qualities and talents one can possess. if you asked anyone to describe themselves in one word, you’d get a variety of overused words that emphasises their own individuality (ironic, isn’t it?). however, ask lee seokmin and he’ll probably say ‘coward’.

you see, lee seokmin has been in love with kwon soonyoung for 4 years and counting.

‘Tomas did not realize at the time that metaphors are dangerous. Metaphors are not to be trifled with. A single metaphor can give birth to love.

He lived in a-’

“ohm y god kwon soonyoung, you will never guess what?!!”

soonyoung was trying to peacefully eat his lunch whilst reading his newly purchased book but of course he isn’t able to have the peace and quiet atmosphere he desires whilst reading. not until he stops befriending unnecessarily loud individuals, at least.

surrendering, soonyoung placed his bookmark at its rightful place and turned his attention to his friend. “what is so important and near impossible that you had to interrupt my reading time?”

seungcheol scoffed, “and what kind of a picture are you trying to draw here – a lonely protagonist reading a classic book leaned against the biggest tree in the school whilst his soulmate is somewhere watching from a distance?”

“precisely! i personally preferred the aesthetics of a cherry blossom tree in the spring but my director did not deem it appropriate for a gothic film…” soonyoung looked out to the horizon for added effect.

the other male was always easy to please, as evident from his current state. seungcheol found soonyoung so amusing that he was slowly sinking down to the floor and true to his blundering personality, his head clash with the concrete which should have led any normal individual to cry out in pain, but seungcheol merely laughed.

sighing at his friend’s antics, soonyoung merely rolled his eyes with a slight smile to his face. looking up, he spots a head of pink on tiny legs.

“finally, someone sane!” soonyoung shouted at the top of his lungs.

jihoon sighed, “is he trying to tell you about mr lee and mr chwe?”

“he literally just came then insulted my aesthetics then hit his head on the log? i was just trying to read my book…” soonyoung tried to recall everything that happened in the past 5 minutes.

being friends with seungcheol sure was amusing at times.

lee seokmin was in detention at lunch on a friday. it’s not just a lunch hour wasted, but also a friday lunchtime.

sometimes he wonders if he signed a contract in his past life… did he unknowingly exchange his lunch periods and after school hours with popularity?

his existential worries were interrupted by the sound of a book being slammed on his desk.

YAH, LEE SEOKMIN! did you even hear a word i was saying?!” and of course, lee seokmin did not listen but he had a fair idea.

“it wasn’t me though! why do i have to suffer with these idiots?!” lee seokmin wished he said this.

“i definitely heard it mr chwe, due to the fact that i have ears and my mother told me that selective hearing was (she said and i quote), ‘ing stupid fake ’

laughs and giggles were heard from everyone in the room, and some of his closest friends even resorting to hollering and chanting his name.

lee seokmin sometimes wanted to punch himself, his mother probably didn’t even know any swear words and was probably the sweetest woman in the world.

“amusing anecdote mr lee, would you like to entertain next week’s detainees too?” mr chwe’s smile beamed with fakeness.

thankfully, one of seokmin’s friends whispered too loudly “using alliteration? and he says he’s not dating the english teacher!”

“xu minghao, thank-you for volunteering to be the resident detention clown. i’ll see you friday after school for the next 2 weeks.”

and obviously, lunch detention was one thing but no one in their right mind would give up a friday after school hence the room inevitably quietened down.

seokmin’s boredom caused him to look out of the window from the maths building, which overlooked the field.

looking around, he spotted jihoon next to soonyoung feeding the latter some food.

seokmin looked away when soonyoung smiled at jihoon as he tried to swallow his bitterness and jealousy.