TROAOM-Chapter2

THE REVENGE OF AN OLD MAID
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TROAOM-Chapter2

 

A/N: Sorry guys for the late update. I hope this chapter will compensate the long wait. I’m not sure if you’ll find this long or short update, but 12 pages worth of brain squeezing from me was long enough, right? Hehehe.

Anyway, to all new subbies and dear sweet, sweet voters, thank you very very much! Wish I could extend my sincerest hugs to each of you. Truly appreciated!

This chapter is dedicated to those who left their comments… clickdbg, h4ns0n, d13kako3, kinanrey, thedarkknight2, yanikuyet, comalachali, mad_sly16, piglov, chops0102, friskandari, rhowen, priyankatha, devioct14, AsianLover422, sulisdiant, calay01, lorensiaelisabet, schinova.

 

Enjoy reading y'all!

 

 ---

 

As awkward as you felt, you mustered all the remaining teacher power you still had to keep avoiding his gaze and made sure your fidget wasn't so obvious. You wanted to grip your all-of-a-sudden hyperactive heart as it bounced uncontrollably inside your rib cage. 

 

You knew you were burning inside. Not that you were sick or something. Was it because of the stolen first kiss or having this hottie in front of you caused you to heat up inside? Funny how conservative you were, and you knew how to precisely identify a “hottie”. Blame it all to Pei for exploiting your innocent mind. Fine. Maybe 10% of his knowledge sharing was educational but the rest were all about his ersion and vanities. And the word hottie might have not existed in your dictionary until today after seeing a living one. 

 

As you were about to bend down again to collect the rest of scattered test papers on the floor with varieties of funny, cute, odd and chicken-scratch-like hand writing of your students, he stooped in synch with you to assist, which didn't help at all because the effort only made both of your heads collided. 
 

OUCH! You immediately held your head. That hurt like hell as if you just had a head fight. That was a heck of a hard skull Mr. Hottie got! Your vision turned blur and you swore you saw stars accompanied with a chirpy sound swirling on top of your head like a halo. Ohgosh! Am I dead now? You asked yourself while massaging your beaten skull. You got a little scared and wondered if this head banging incident instantly caused you memory loss. You overreacted like an old lady, but hey, you wanted to be sure that wasn't the case, right? Otherwise, your teaching career would be doomed for sure. 
 

Alright. Things weren't getting any better with this guy. You gave him your bone-trembling death glare, while he just gave you his angelic soft blink before he perked his heart-melting puppy eyes. "I'm sorry miss. I'm terribly sorry." 

 

Ohgawd... His voice. That soft and warm yet deep manly voice was just... drowning your soul. How could a creature as such get all the blessings in one form… an ideal model height, gorgeous body, handsome face, captivating smile and a perfect manly voice. You thought someone like him only existed in creative films where brilliant artists would graphically create perfect prince charming, except for one thing, this guy ain't a prince material to you. But a headache instead. Literally.

 

As you were groaning in pain which made him cringe with deep concern, he wanted to cup your little face with his hands, but he couldn’t. He arrived in that country this morning and the least he wanted was to be welcomed with a swollen beaten up face. From you. So he held back his concern as he dropped his hands on his side and pulled a face apologetically. 

 

Your mood started to get worse… from waking up late, no luxurious calming shower, tripping over the elevator door, slamming yourself on a hard muscular chest, and now feeling dizzy by a head bang. All these definitely boiled your blood and turned yourself into a grumpy old maid.  

 

After struggling to bring your consciousness back into your almost crashed skull, you took a few steps backwards and unfortunately, you fell again. Not to the ground but back into his buffed arms. Your so-called fabulous beyond ankle length skirt that was technically brushing the dust off the ground, unexpectedly was tramp by his expensive leather shoes. And his instinct ordered his brain to wrap you in his arms. For the second time. You cursed this day, why the hell you kept on falling into his ironclad arms?

 

And this time your glare was more terrifying than ever. It even made him cringe after seeing those tigress ferocious eyes of yours as if you wanted to shred his gorgeousness into bits and pieces. And all he could protect himself from being slain was by wagging his hands up in the air as his surrender before saying, “Oh miss. I’m very sorry. I didn’t mean to.”

 

And there you heard that darn heart-melting voice again. You started to really, really hate it. Hate it because you actually liked the rhythmic sound of his angelic voice. And aside from hating his voice, you also hated the more-than-once skin ship that had been happening. You see, no one, literally, not even once you’ve experienced a guy had held your hand. Well, your closeness with Pei wasn’t counted since he considered himself as a non-human being, but a majestic goddess from another planet. You & Jane sneered on where the hell was that. Funny how highly he exalted himself. He’d most likely gag by the thought of skin shipping with you. 

 

None of your suitors dared to get close to you as well. And your conservativeness blended with strictness didn’t give them the courage to. Distance was the key word for them. But this out of nowhere stranger, not only touched your hand. You’ve been hugged by him twice in a row already. Shuck! Twice was a lot for you, girl, not to mention the accident kiss. Too much physical interaction with him today badly overwhelmed you. Very bad.

 

You pulled away awkwardly as your cheeks fired red blush. Your eyes were obvious enough that you were very uncomfortable as you avoided looking at him. You really wanted to leave now. But when you started your first few steps escaping from him, you were swaying funnily. He noticed the drunken master like walk as you trudged. So he didn’t hesitate to grab you gently by the arm before you almost smash your face on the floor. Again.

 

“Miss, are you okay?” he softly asked. The heck with that voice. He had the gut to ask that question that boiled your blood to your head and instinctively made your eyes roll. Do I even look okay, mister? You wanted to slam that answer to his face. Really hard. And strangle his neck in full satisfaction, but you bit back. Act professional, Pie. You reminded yourself. Your sharp eyes with a raised angled brow had been leaping back and forth between him and your arm gripped by his warm hand. He awkwardly removed his hand quickly after getting the message from your sharp dagger glare. You breathed deeply in and out to release the tension. 

 

“Miss, I don’t think you’re okay. Do you want me to drive you to your destination? Or do you want me to carry you?” he offered nicely with his sweetest concern smile. And of course, your old maid temper flared instantly after hearing the last question. What the shell! Carry me?? What does he think about him and me? Newly wed? The creep! You scoffed in your mind. 

 

This jerk had been causing you too much trouble already. He wanted to drive for you, okay that may be thoughtful, if you only knew him. But NO. You were smart enough not to let a stranger take you in a car. And the hell no way to let him scoop your whole body into his full of strength muscular arms. Who cares if he’s damn handsome, who cares if he has this heart-melting voice, and who the heck cares if he’s almost perfect from head to toe. So what? You were not stupid. A big NO. You’re not getting in a car with him and he’s not going to carry you like his bride. No darn way. You decided.     


“I’m okay. Thanks, but NO thanks.” You replied with emphasis on the second last word as you struggled to carry the massive stuff on your hands. And thanks to your good timing headache that was helping you to feel worse. What a day huh?

 

“Miss, I think I better drive for you. I’m worried you might collapse somewhere.” The concern in his eyes never left him.

 

“NO. I’m totally fine. I can drive. And I’m super late now. You can leave me now, okay?” You answered back sarcastically. Eyes were away from him.

 

“Miss, I’m very sorry about your headache. It’s my fault.” He apologetically said.

 

“Good that you admitted it.” Your sarcasm spurred as you helplessly rolled your eyes. You couldn’t help it any longer. See how grumpy you were, you could hardly straighten your walk and yet you still managed to keep rolling your eyes at him for numerous times now. 

 

He noticed the swaying and struggling of your walk. And because he was a total gentleman, that surprised you, he automatically snatched all the heavy stuff you were carrying without any word. And he gently clutched your left arm all the way to the parking lot as if assisting a struggling senior citizen.

 

“Miss, uhm. Which one is your car here? I’ll drive for you.” He politely asked after his eyes wandered on the community parking lot.

 

Instead of you feeling grateful by his concern and good manners, his question freaked you out honestly. You turned suspicious about his interest on knowing where your car was. You gave him your ferocious look again, as your brain was struggling to process the thought that this guy right next to you could be a potential car hijacker who’s been using his dangerous charm to lure you as his victim and then what, stab you and take your car away?

 

And your suspicious look was too obvious for him not to get the point. “Miss, don’t worry. I’m not going to hurt you. I’m not a bad person. I just want to help. It was my fault anyway.” He defended himself in his most gentleman way.

 

“Oh c’mon, mister. All lunatic car-nappers, kidnappers… all sorts of robbers say the same thing.” You pretty much sounded like a doubtful pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter