Godric

Orchideous
 
Jonghyun ran past many confused students on his way to the Slytherin dungeons, he even managed to knock over a dazed first year; the contents of her school bag spilling onto the floor. Jonghyun tried to help the poor girl but his jittery and impatient state scared her and the first year gathered her possessions in her arms before scurrying away in the opposite direction. Jonghyun didn't care, he needed to find Jessica. He didn't even notice slamming into her her chest and landing on the floor. Jonghyun caught his breathe and looked up to see Jung Jessica herself looking down at him as if he were some kind of peasant, a deranged peasant "what are you doing?" 
 
Jonghyun clambered to his feet and and gripped Jessica's arms for dear life "I know where they are" those words made Jessica just as insane as he was, she began to hyperventilate and she too bumped into many people when she started shaking. With quick hands she pulled Jonghyun towards the Slytherin dormitories again. This time it was empty as everyone has already left for their morning classes. 
 
Two model students were ditching lessons however this was far more important to the both of them, Jonghyun began explaining his dream while Jessica pulled a fresh map of England out from under her bed.
"I kept running until I found a village and the village was called Sway, I don't know where that is but-" "Sway?!" Jessica questioned and Jonghyun nodded, she then scrapped his fresh map and pulled a specific map of southern England and circled a large area of Hampshire. "Sway is in the New Forest district. I know where that is, we could easily find them now, oh Jonghyun thank you so much!" She pressed a chaste kiss to his cheek and Jonghyun blushed, he felt so needed, wanted, and the thought of getting Taemin back was the best belated birthday present.
 
Once they pinpointed the location the pair rushed to Lee Soo Man's office on the third floor, they ignored some particularly judgmental and nosey portraits until they faced the gargoyle guarding the entrance to the headmaster's office. Jessica did all the talking, she was older and already had a detailed and structured plan in terms of 'rescuing' the boys herself rather than pass the information they gathered to the Auror office; they were so incompetent in Jessica's eyes she outright refused the suggestion of helping them. "I can get them back myself but I have to request if I can bring a few other students with me" the headmaster raised his eyebrows and Jonghyun's breath hitched from his nervousness. Jessica grabbed his hand but in such a careful way, she seemed almost motherly in calming his nerves.
 
"I assume you're talking about mr Kim here?" Jessica nodded and squeezed Jonghyun's hand "and other seventh years who have been informed on the matter, sir" she was so formal it was so different from her usual catty attitude.
Soo Man sighed and rubbed his temples for a moment before giving his answer, he seemed so unsure of what was the best thing for his students. Letting them leave would be dangerous however a Hogwarts student and ex-student were in a life threatening situation.
 
"I will grant permission for you and a small group of students to execute your rescue mission however I will not have mass confusion and panic spread throughout the school because of your activities, this is not a suggestion. If you do this you must leave when students are no longer roaming the castle, I will inform the staff about this and they will neither disturb nor try to stop you. Considering the both of you have not failed to keep up with school work despite your circumstances is very commendable and you two will have to catch up lessons you have missed however I don't see that being a problem for either of you. I wish you luck in your endeavours and I expect you back in one week"
 
They both danced for joy on the inside but respectfully bowed and thanked the headmaster for his time and decision. when they started to leave the office headmaster Lee called out to Jessica. "Oh and miss Jung, I hope you know that you are responsible for the safety of these students. I will not risk tarnishing the school's reputation because of carelessness" "yes sir"
 
After they walked down the spiral staircase past the gargoyle, they slumped against the wall due to mental exhaustion. While Jonghyun used this time to breathe in and out as if he was meditating, Jessica pulled a scrap piece of parchment from her cloak pocket, it seemed she had ripped smaller strips from the parchment at there were many tears. She began tracing words with her nail and then tore that piece in half before handing it to Jonghyun. Jonghyun stared at the parchment in awe as words appeared scribbled in black ink. 'We are leaving after midnight, if you are not ready then you will be left behind' Jessica smirked at his amazement, even though Jonghyun was very smart and advanced for a fifth year there were still tricks and spells he didn't know existed.
 
"A few other people have scraps like that. I assume they'll be coming with us" Jonghyun didn't want to come across as too curious or nosey and decided to wait and see who would accompany them. Jessica then placed her hand atop his head and ran her fingers through his hair, it was extremely soothing and that was obviously what Jessica wanted to do; comfort him because she had no one to comfort. Jonghyun had no one to cling to, Jessica seemed the perfect motherly figure, she was older and surprisingly sweet. Their relationship was purely platonic but they had a friendship no one else could understand, no one else could understand the pain they've gone through. 
 
"I know there's no way I can convince you to stay behind but it's going to be extremely dangerous. We know what Yunho is capable of, he's a powerful wizard and Jaejoong is psychotic. You can imagine what the combination of that would be. I'm only eighteen and I've never been in charge of another person before but" she gulped and threw her arm around Jonghyun "I promise nothing will happen to you and you won't have to duel if you're not ready for it, legally you are not allowed to anyway" Jonghyun cursed in his head "I actually forgot about that. What am I going to do? I'm practically useless"
 
Jessica shrugged "Lee needs you; to him you're probably everything but useless, it would be cruel for you two to be separated any longer. Besides if you really have to, you can use my wand. The ministry won't be able to tell that a minor is preforming magic off school grounds. You'll be the brains of the group that doesn't sound useless to me" Jonghyun was grateful but hopeful that her kindness wouldn't be necessary.
They spent the rest of their day tiptoeing around students and teachers to avoid all the prying questions, hiding in the library and even eating in the kitchen among the house elves.
 
Now it was afternoon lessons and the pair took refuge in the muggle studies section. Jessica was flipping through a fashion magazine that had been crammed through the crack between the wall and the shelves.
 
Jonghyun was overcome with guilt as he forgot that his twin would be celebrating his birthday that day and was currently in the process of writing a long, detailed letter in which he apologised for his absence, strange behaviour and explaining the strenuous and dangerous journey he had ahead. He was too afraid to tell Kibum in person because there was no doubt in his mind that he would either stop Jonghyun from going or insist on joining them. With Minho it was easier, he would most likely be asleep and even if he wasn't, Minho would never go against Jonghyun's wishes unless he was drunk or extremely stressed. A simple note explaining he would be gone for awhile along with Kibum's letter placed neatly on his bed would suffice.
 
It was when Jonghyun carefully snuck back into the Gryfinndor dorm that caused trouble, he charmed a small rucksack so it could have enough space to bring anything he wanted. Jessica told him to pack lightly but bring warm closes and anything that might be handy; that included his invisibility cloak. Jonghyun kept both his own wand and Taemin's on him at all times as well as the snitch hidden under layers of casual clothing. If they were seen wandering aimlessly around the country in their school uniforms they would no doubt cause a scandal. 
He hid under his covers and pretended to be asleep as he heard his dorm mates flood in, none of them would dare to disturb him; there's no way any of them would wake him up from a peaceful slumber.
 
The small clock by Baekhyun's nightstand told him it was half past eleven; Time to leave. Jonghyun carefully slipped out of bed and placed his letters neatly on his bed, he grabbed his rucksack and draped his cloak over his head so he completely disappeared. He tried his best keep the floor board creek to a minimum however it seemed the slightest sound woke his best friend. Minho pulled his cloak back by frantically reaching out for Jonghyun.
 
"What are you doing?" Jonghyun hissed, he didn't want the others to wake up. Minho's eyes were red and he looked exhausted as if he fell asleep waiting for Jonghyun to leave. "I can't let you do this. I've been a doormat for so ing long but I can't be silent anymore. I know that you and Taemin are in love and I'm honestly happy for you even if I'm still in love with you, you and Taemin will probably be together forever and I've accepted that but for Merlins sake Jonghyun! Is he really worth dying for?" Jonghyun didn't have to think before he answered "yes. He really is" Minho stared at him before grabbing his wrist as he tried to pull Jonghyun back into the dorm; he was so scared that if he didn't hold onto him, Jonghyun would slip through his fingers and the friendship they had would be lost. 
 
Jonghyun stood his ground. He exuded confidence and for the first time in his young life he showed genuine bravery, all of it was for Taemin. Jonghyun always doubted whether the sorting hat made a mistake when he was in first year but now it was obvious; he truly was a Gryfinndor through and through, he was willing to put his life on the line for someone else and that couldn't be more selfless and courageous. "Minho, You have to let me go"
 
Reluctantly Minho let go of Jonghyun's wrist and he held in his tears as he watched Jonghyun disappear again.
 
*
 
By the time Jonghyun arrived to the main entrance of Hogwarts he could see Jessica waiting for him along with Yuri, both with brooms in their hands. They didn't even flinch when he removed his cloak and seemingly appeared out of nowhere. They waited in silence until two shadows walked down the corridor hand in hand, it was Jinki and Luna also with brooms clutched in their other hands. Jonghyun expected to see the head boy but he was surprised to see he brought his girlfriend along, he also questioned whether he should've brought a broom. Jessica clicked her tongue and began to push through the grand wooden door that led to the entrance. 
 
The courtyard was drenched in complete darkness and a spring wind blew past them, the wind itself wanted them to stay safe and secure in Hogwarts, pushing them back inside but they all stood strong and with Jessica's lead they easily walked along the bridge to the outside until they reached the grassy meadows. Everyone mounted their brooms and Jessica signaled for Jonghyun to join her on the back of her nimbus. "We're flying to London where we are going to meet a few friends of mine, then we go to Lyndhurst where we can sleep and stock up on food, then we go into the forest and try to find anything suspicious like a barrier of some sort. I will brief you on the rest when we get there" 
 
Jonghyun nodded and wrapped his arms around Jessica's thin waist, he squeezed his eyes shut as she kicked off the ground into the air and ignored how her hair would whip into his face. When Jonghyun dared to open his eyes again he saw they were passing over hills and lakes but there were no brooms in front of them; obviously Jessica was leading the pack and her flying skills that could rival a professional meant that no one could overtake her even with a passenger. Their combined weight would probably equal to an adult man so they weren't weighed down. 
 
A five hour train ride had become a two hour broom ride as Jonghyun saw the bright lights and skyward buildings of the city he called home and felt their decline just as Jessica placed a concealment charm to avoid muggle detection. They landed in a back alley and found two familiar characters in the middle of a rather empty Trafalgar Square. Among the drunk and homeless stood two ex-students; Lee Donghae and Kwon Boa. Jonghyun remembered them as seventh years from his first year, Boa was a kind Gryfinndor prefect snubbed for head girl and Donghae, the Hufflepuff quidditch captain. They graduated five odd years ago and if he was being honest he completely forgot about their existence.
 
Jinki, Luna and Yuri landed a few minutes after, Yuri squealed in excitement and ran towards Donghae, wrapping her arms around him in a sweet reunion, the seventh years greeted the pair and Jonghyun felt uncomfortable, he knew he would be the youngest but he didn't expect such an age difference. Donghae even raised an eyebrow once he saw Jonghyun "Sica, I didn't realize you were running a daycare?" Jessica lovingly slapped the back of his head "he's my responsibility okay? Laugh all you want but I'm not going to let anyone touch this kid" thankfully no one else commented on his age and the now party of seven mounted found an inhabited area where they were able to fly off without the chance of being caught. 
 
The bright lights began to fade with the exception of a few spotted cars and soon enough there was nothing but trees as they flew over Hampshire into the New forest district, in which they would find the largest village around; Lyndhurst. They would rest in a bed and breakfast until sunrise. Only then would they set off into the deep forest in search of Jaejoong Jr.'s hiding spot.
 
 Jonghyun knew he wouldn't be able to sleep. It wasn't because of the snoring from the elders or the uncomfortable cot he was currently lying on, he couldn't even blame his insomnia for it. It was because of Taemin, if he was there, in his arms there's no doubt Jonghyun would drift into a peaceful sleep. Taemin had done so much and healed him in so many ways that without him Jonghyun was struggling to function. Taemin was his entire world; in the space of a few months he changed Jonghyun's life for the better, saved him from a loveless reality and so Jonghyun would return the favor by saving Taemin. He didn't care who's wand he would use, if the ministry would punish him, putting Hogwarts' reputation at risk or even if he was putting himself in danger; he wanted to end Jaejoong himself.