Moving Day

Pretty Boy Across the Hall

just a heads up: THIS FONT means they’re speaking in Chinese

 

“Behind you!” Jisoo called out. He was carrying so many boxes, he couldn’t see where he was going. Having a hard time keeping his balance, he was beginning to wobble.

Jihoon turned around and helped steady the shaky boy. “Woah, careful there,” he laughed as he read the name “Seungcheol” off the cardboard. “You know where these go, Jisoo?”

Jisoo smiled and craned his neck to the side. “Yeah, I’ll just put them in the bedroom.”

Jihoon patted him on the back as Jisoo stepped into apartment 917A. “Thanks!”

“No problem!”

From the hallway, Jihoon looked into the apartment that he had called home up until now. The whole place was a mess, covered in boxes and bubble wrap. He grinned at the sight of Junhui and Chan carefully packing away the kitchen items that belonged to him and his boyfriend taping packages shut on the living room floor. Seokmin brushed past him as Seungcheol hollered, “Jihoon-ah!”

Strolling in, Jihoon answered, “Yeah?”

“Are you sure we’re gonna have room for all your stuff now that we’re living together?”

Jihoon chuckled and knelt down to help. “How much stuff do you think I have?”

Seungcheol glanced around. “Well, just based on everything that’s packed, I’d say a lot.”

“Not all of this is mine. A lot of this stuff’s Soonyoung’s. Wonwoo’s stuff’s starting to pile in, too,” Jihoon explained as he pulled out a sharpie to mark his belongings.

“Still,” Seungcheol laughed. “There’s only one bedroom across the hall. I don’t want it to be too cramped for you.”

“Trust me,” Jihoon said, leaning over the box. “I’ll be perfectly comfortable living with you.”

Seungcheol grinned and followed his boyfriend’s lead to meet him in a kiss. From the kitchen, Chan glanced up and smiled. “Aww,” he exclaimed. “They’re so happy.”

Junhui looked up to see what his friend was talking about and smiled too. “I’m glad everything’s working out for everyone.” Sealing the box of plates shut, he lifted it off the counter and headed for the door. “Come on. Let’s take this across the hall.”

Chan nodded and grabbed the tape as the two of them walked out. “I can’t believe everyone’s moving though. This is gonna take forever,” he said as they entered the other apartment. Jeonghan was packing up his stuff in the bedroom while Jisoo and Seungkwan were bringing Seungcheol’s things up from the moving van.

Minghao, who was packing up Jeonghan’s kitchen items, joined his friends’ conversation. “Well, it all makes sense. All these happy couples want to live together now.”

“I get that,” Chan agreed as he started to help out Minghao. “It’s just kinda crazy how things worked out. Now, Jihoon and Seungcheol are gonna live here, Jeonghan’s moving out to live with Jisoo, Wonwoo’s moving in with Mingyu across the hall, and Soonyoung’s gonna be upstairs with you guys.”

Minghao smiled. “A lot of happy couples, my friend. They just want to be together all the time.”

Before Chan could comment, Junhui put his elbows on the counter and rested his chin on his fists. With a sly grin, he said in Chinese, “You know, you can always be part of a happy couple.”

Not even slightly surprised, Chan scoffed while Minghao just rolled his eyes and replied, “Again, no thank you.”

“Minghao-ah—”

“You don’t need to say my name like that.”

Junhui chuckled. “But you’re so cute. Your name deserves to be said like that.”

Chan just watched the encounter like it had happened more times than he could count, which it had. Keeping his slightly amused face on, Minghao continued to pack away the plates. “Sure.”

“How many times do I have to ask you before you go out with me?” Junhui asked in a pouty voice.

“You can ask as many times as you want, but the answer’s always gonna be no.”

As Junhui continued to hit on his friend, Seungkwan came into the apartment and put a box down on the counter. “Hey guys!” he greeted, wiping the sweat off his brow.

“Hey, Seungkwan!” Chan cheered back.

“Can you believe all the moving that’s going on? Jesus, I don’t think I’ve ever seen this much cardboard all in one place.”

The three of them laughed as Seungkwan opened the fridge, letting his head stay inside to soak up the cool air.

Junhui looked back at Minghao and said, “You could be part of this moving party if you’d just go out with me.”

Closing up his box, Minghao hugged it, walked around the counter past Junhui, and whispered, “In your dreams.”

Even after another rejection, Junhui smiled and watched the boy he always had on his mind walk out. “Then, I’ll see you tonight!”

After Minghao was gone, Junhui just chuckled into his chest, but Chan was less than amused. “Seriously hyung. Have you no shame?”

“It’s been years, Chan,” he laughed. “You know more than anyone that I don’t know what shame is anymore.”

Chan rolled his eyes. “You are so lucky that I’m the only one out of our friends who knows Chinese.”

Smiling, Junhui came around the counter and put his arm over Chan, squeezing his shoulder. “I’ve told you this many times, Channie. Minghao will come to his senses one day. I’ve invested too much time and effort for him not to. One day, one day Chan, he’ll realize that I am the one for him. Until then, I don’t mind facing all the rejection.”

And it was a lot of rejection. For years, Junhui had felt this way towards Minghao, and unlike most people, he wasn’t very shy about telling the boy he loved that he loved him. None of them can remember when it first started, but whenever Junhui got the chance, he would ask Minghao out in some way or another. He would do it when they were studying at the library or getting something to eat or just hanging out with all their friends. The catch was he would only do it in Chinese, so the friends could all be in the room and have no idea what they were saying, except for Chan who could understand them. Otherwise, it was always just Junhui and Minghao repeating this scene whenever another confession was made: Junhui would ask him out and Minghao would say no. It became so normal that Minghao would rarely think anything of it, but Junhui was waiting for the day he would really consider.

Chan scoffed. “You’re crazy.”

Junhui opened his mouth to reply, but before he could, Seungkwan shut the fridge and stood up straight. “I think it’s kinda romantic.”

Completely caught off guard, Junhui and Chan’s eyes grew to the size of their faces. They turned to just stare at Seungkwan before Junhui finally exclaimed, “YOU SPEAK MANDARIN?!”

Seungkwan chuckled and nodded. “Yeah, I’m pretty fluent. So, you’re in love with Minghao? Damn, everyone here’s just—”

But Junhui cut him off as Chan started bursting out into laughter. “NO! NO! NO! PLEASE! PLEASE, DO NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ANY OF THIS!” he frantically screamed, panic just washing over him. He definitely didn’t want the rest of his friends finding out about this. The only reason he was able to be so confident with Minghao was the fact that no one knew about it.

Seungkwan seemed surprise and asked, “What? Does no one know about this?”

“NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT THIS!” Junhui answered, trying not to pass out. “AND I WOULD REALLY LIKE IT TO STAY THAT WAY! PLEASE!”

But Chan was losing his . For some reason, it was incredibly funny not being the only one to know about this secret love affair. “OH, HYUNG! YOU’RE SO SCREWED!” he screamed in Korean.

“NO! NO I’M NOT, AS LONG AS SEUNGKWAN DOESN’T SAY ANYTHING!”

Seungkwan couldn’t help but chuckle. “Don’t worry I won’t say anything.”

Giving a sigh of relief, Junhui weakly smiled. “Good, good. Thank you.” Trying to put himself together, he went back around the counter. “I’m gonna go help out upstairs.”

“I’ll go with you,” Chan laughed and followed.

Before the two made it out the door, Seungkwan called out, “While you’re there, be careful around Wonwoo and Seokmin! They speak Chinese, too!”

“SON OF A !” Junhui screamed as Chan exploded in more laughter. As they were walking out, Hansol looked at them weirdly as he entered holding a “Jihoon” box.

Seungkwan chuckled and muttered to himself. “Crazy people. Everyone’s in love.”

Hansol overheard him as he was walking by. “Woah!” he exclaimed as he put the box on the ground. “You speak Mandarin?!”

Surprised, Seungkwan looked up. “What? Oh, yeah I do,” he quickly replied.

“That’s so cool!” Hansol enthusiastically replied. “I’ve always wanted to learn, but never got the chance to take a class.”

Seungkwan awkwardly smiled. For the first time in his life, he didn’t know what to say. It was strange because Seungkwan thought he was fairly familiar with all of Jihoon’s friends who were helping with the move, but he didn’t recognize this person.

Seeing the boy’s confusion, Hansol laughed. “I’m Hansol by the way.”

Seungkwan grinned. “I’m Seungkwan.”

“OH!” Hansol leaned over the counter and said, “You’re Seungkwan! That makes sense now! Sorry, I come by the coffee shop all the time and I’ve heard Jihoon say so many great things about you, but somehow you were never working when I was there. Wonwoo talks about you a lot, too. You’re like a genius!” Hansol had no idea what had gotten into him. He was never this loud around people he didn't know, but for some reason Seungkwan brought it out of him.

Blown away by Hansol’s enthusiasm about him, Seungkwan started to blush. “Ummm, I wouldn’t say a genius…”

“No! Don’t be modest!” Hansol laughed. “Wonwoo told me you were in the same program as him when he first came to Seoul. You were the youngest person accepted. That’s freakin’ impressive.”

Seungkwan was having such a hard time finding his words. “Tha—thank you,” he awkwardly stammered.

Genuinely pleased to meet the boy he’d heard so much about, Hansol continued to compliment Seungkwan on his achievements and his bright personality. At the same time, from across the room leaning on the bedroom door frame, Jeonghan was smiling as he watched his friend. “Jisoo-ah, come look,” he whispered.

Coming up behind him, Jisoo looked. “What?”

Nodding his head towards the scene, Jeonghan flashed a huge smile. “I’ve never seen Seungkwan so blushy.”

Jisoo watched too and managed to hear parts of the conversation. “Oh my god. Is he...not bragging about himself?”

“I’m as surprised as you are!” Jeonghan laughed.

“Wow, Seungkwan’s met his match.”

Jeonghan turned around and hugged his boyfriend. “Anyone who can shut Seungkwan up is definitely someone special.”

The two of them laughed and Jisoo kissed him on the head. “Let’s hope their story doesn’t get as complicated as the rest of ours.”

“You really think diva Boo out there’s not gonna make a scene of this?”

Jisoo chuckled and watched as Seungkwan nervously rubbed the back of his neck and only said a few words. “Something tells me he won’t.”

After a few more moments of observation, the happy couple decided to get back to work, postponing Seungkwan’s session of intense teasing for later.

“Yea—yeah, I used to go to that high school,” Seungkwan stammered.

“Gosh, you’re so lucky,” Hansol said. “You were only there for a year. The place is a zoo. The other day—”

But before Hansol could continue, Jihoon stuck his head through the front door. “Hey, Hansol!”

Quickly turning around, he answered, “Yeah!”

“Can you help move a few more things upstairs?”

A little disappointed that he had to stop talking to Seungkwan, Hansol nodded. “Yeah, sure. I’ll be right there.”

“Thanks!” With a smile, Jihoon was out of sight.

Hansol sighed and looked back to Seungkwan. “Sorry, I’ve been talking your ear off. Usually, I’m not this forward.”

“No, you’re fine,” Seungkwan reassured him. He was slightly relieved to hear that he wasn’t the only one out of his element.

“It was nice to finally meet you,” he said with a grin. Patting the counter, he started to backpedal out of the room.

Just as he turned, Seungkwan called out, “Wait!” Hansol looked back and saw Seungkwan coming around the counter to follow him out. “I’ll help! I—I was supposed to help Wonwoo move stuff down anyway.”

Unsure of what had come over him, Seungkwan softly smiled at Hansol, who then flashed him a giant grin. Immediately, Hansol threw his arm around his shoulder and laughed. “Ahh, Seungkwan. I can tell this is the start of a beautiful friendship.”

Seungkwan weakly chuckled as the two entered Jihoon’s old apartment. He couldn’t tell if he was happy or upset by the word “friendship.”

As the two were walking in, Jihoon and Seungcheol were in the bedroom packing up some clothes. “Baby,” Seungcheol said as he was folding.

“Hmm?”

“I know we haven’t really talked about it,” he started to say, “but uhh…”

Jihoon paused his work and glanced over at his awkward looking boyfriend. “What is it?”

“Umm…” Seungcheol couldn’t figure out how to say this without it coming off a certain way. “I know we’re living together and everything and there’s only one room, but we haven’t really talked about…” Unable to finish his sentence, he just focused his stare on Jihoon’s top bunk.

Confused, Jihoon thought of the only thing that could mean. “The bed situation?”

Seungcheol weakly smiled. “Yeeaaahhh. I know we haven’t really talked about it…”

Seeing how apprehensive his boyfriend was being was oddly cute to Jihoon. He folded his arms and leaned against the bunk bed. “No, we haven’t.”

Seungcheol could feel his palms warming up. “Right. I don’t want to make any assumptions or anything, baby, so with the bed…”

“Or beds,” Jihoon teased.

At that, Seungcheol felt his chest sink. “Or beds…”

But that just made Jihoon laugh. He walked up to his boyfriend and hugged him around the waist. “You are so cute.” Leaning up, he kissed Seungcheol on his blushing cheeks. “We only need one bed, my dear.”

Finally loosening up, Seungcheol asked, “Are you sure?”

“Positive.”

Seungcheol gave a huge sigh of relief and hugged Jihoon tighter. “Thank god!”

Laughing into Seungcheol’s chest, Jihoon was about to say some more when he heard Mingyu walk in from behind. “Alright you two. The whole point of this move is so you guys can do that in your own apartment from now on.”

Seungcheol and Jihoon chuckled as they released. “You’re one to talk,” Seungcheol teased, “You and Wonwoo can’t keep your hands off of each other.”

Normally, Mingyu would be embarrassed by a comment like this, but it was just too true. “Two years, hyung,” he responded. “Two years.”

Sealing and picking up Jihoon’s box, Seungcheol nodded and replied, “Fair enough.” He looked over at Jihoon as he walked out. “Baby, I’m gonna take these to our place.”

“Thanks.” Jihoon watched as his boyfriend left the room.

Mingyu noticed his former roommate’s stare and laughed. “He’s got a nice .”

Jihoon’s eyes grew wide and he snapped at his friend. “MINGYU!”

“What?!” he laughed as he put down one of Wonwoo’s boxes. “I was just saying what you were thinking.”

Jihoon didn’t even bother holding back his blush. Mingyu knew better than anyone the thoughts that were running through his mind. “It’ll be nice having our own apartment,” Jihoon admitted. “God knows what you and Wonwoo have done in this one.”

Laughing, Mingyu said, “Yeah, it was a good idea to let us keep this one.”

Jihoon just rolled his eyes. As he tried his best not to shudder at those images, Soonyoung walked through the door, looking pretty tired. “Well, it’s nice to see you two working so hard,” he mocked.

Mingyu smiled and sat on his single bed. “Need more help?”

“No, no,” Soonyoung said sarcastically, batting the air. “You guys just be happy with your boyfriends. Don’t even worry about single-old me. I’m perfectly fine. I’ll live it up with the other single guys. Yep, that’s no problem at all. My best friends ditch me for people they can make out with. That’s totally fine. At least I never have to hear Mingyu complain about me being his date ever again.”

Mingyu and Jihoon glanced at each other with the same knowing look, unphased by Soonyoung’s extreme sarcasm. “Thanks for doing this, Soonyoung,” Jihoon finally said.

Giving up his act, Soonyoung cracked a smile. “Really, it’s nothing guys. I’m really happy you two are happy.” All of a sudden his shoulders slumped and he sighed. “But I’m still kinda sad we won’t be living together anymore.”

Mingyu bit his lower lip and nodded. “Yeah, I know what you mean. It’s like the end of an era.”

Sensing the more somber atmosphere, Jihoon put his arm around Soonyoung. “I’m gonna miss it, too.”

Mingyu was right; it was the end of an era. For the past two years, this apartment was the epicenter of their friend group. Because the three of them lived here, they always offered to host gatherings and have everyone over. Soonyoung, Jihoon, and Mingyu had grown together in that apartment. They went through finals together, failed job interviews together, bad dates together. Everything that happened to any of them was retold in this apartment. And leaving that behind was hard to swallow.

“At least we’re all still in the same building,” Mingyu pointed out.

“Yeah,” Soonyoung agreed. “I’m probably still gonna barge in on you guys all the time.”

Jihoon smiled. “You’re right upstairs.”

Soonyoung smiled back. “I guess now you’re the pretty boy across the hall.”

“So is Mingyu,” Jihoon laughed.

“We’re all somebody’s pretty boy across the hall,” Mingyu smiled.

Soonyoung nodded and walked out of Jihoon’s hold to pick up another one of his boxes. “As true as that is, only you guys got relationships out of that title.”

“Hey, you’re not even looking for anything right now, are you hyung?” Mingyu asked as Jihoon came over to sit next to him.

“Well, that’s ‘cause nothing’s gonna happen for me,” Soonyoung said as he headed for the door. He stopped to say, “I mean, look at you guys. Each of you ended up with the right person by, what…” he gestured to Mingyu, “...hiding in this city for two years only to have the love of your life move in upstairs, or…” he gestured to Jihoon, “...running away from the guy you fell for in the hall who never gave up on you. How can I expect to find someone when you guys had to go through hell and back to be as happy as you are now?”

Jihoon laughed and watched Soonyoung walk out. “It doesn’t have to be that complicated, hyung. You don’t have to be looking to find someone.”

Staring back over his shoulder, Soonyoung called back, “Okay, whatever you say!”

Mingyu laughed and leaned back against the wall. “Trust us! That someone could be right outside your door!”

Not paying attention to where he was going, Soonyoung stepped out of the apartment’s front door as he hollered, “For some reason I seriously doubt—!”

But his yell was interrupted with an umph! As he wasn’t looking, Soonyoung had run right into someone in the hallway. In the process, he dropped his box and all his clothes inside spewed onto the floor. “I’m so sorry!” Soonyoung immediately exclaimed as he crouched down to gather his clothes.

The person he’d rammed into did the same. “No, no that was my fault! I wasn’t looking!”

Hearing the unfamiliar voice, Soonyoung looked up and watched as this person helped him out. For a moment, he couldn’t stop himself from staring. “Uhhhh…”

Seokmin didn’t look up as he picked up what was left on the ground. “I’m so sorry! I was too busy talking to Jeonghan, I wasn’t paying attention!”

Coming back to his senses, Soonyoung quickly said, “No, no! It’s fine!”

Once everything was off the floor, Seokmin finally looked up. The second he looked into Soonyoung’s eyes, he paused. Then he forced himself to look away. “Uhhhh…”

Soonyoung slowly stood up and Seokmin followed. Neither of them looked at each other. “Sorry, again!” Soonyoung exclaimed.

“Totally fine!” Seokmin felt his heart beating weirdly fast. He had no idea what was happening, but he realized it had something to do with this person in front of him. As they both stood there in silence, he felt the seconds dragging on and realized that he had to do something. He finally drew the courage to look at the boy again. “You must be Jihoon’s friend,” was all he could come up with.

Soonyoung nodded. “And Mingyu’s,” was all he could come up with.

“Right.”

“And you must be Seungcheol’s.”

“And Wonwoo’s.”

“Right.”

There was a slight pause before Seokmin decided to say the next most obvious thing. “I’m Seokmin.” He flashed a huge smile and held out his hand.

For some reason, that giant grin was enough to make Soonyoung blush, but he tried his hardest not to. “Soonyoung,” he said with his own smile. He reached out to meet Seokmin’s hand.

But what he felt instead was some sort of fabric. Noticing this weird texture, they both looked down at their hands and both of their eyes nearly popped out of their heads.

What Seokmin hadn’t noticed was he was holding one of Soonyoung’s boxers in his right hand. By the time he did, he immediately shoved them to Soonyoung, who immediately snatched them back. “OH MY GOD! I AM SO SORRY!” Soonyoung shrieked.

Flushing from the embarrassment, Seokmin shouted, “NO! NO! IT’S NOT YOUR FAULT!”

Soonyoung proceeded to throw all of his clothes back in the box and so did Seokmin, trying his best not to pay attention to what other articles he may have been holding. Before either one of them could say anything else, Seungkwan and Hansol were heading down the hallway. “What’s going on?” Seungkwan asked, confused.

For a split second, Soonyoung and Seokmin stared at each other in sheer panic and embarrassment. Without another thought, Soonyoung looked away and rushed past the other two to escape down the hall. “NOTHING!”

Hansol opened his mouth to ask something else, but Seokmin screamed, “NOTHING!” as he twisted around and ran back into Jeonghan’s old apartment.

Still confused, Seungkwan looked to Hansol. “What do you think that was about?”

But Hansol just shrugged. “I wouldn’t question what happens in these halls.”

For the next few hours, the antics continued as everyone helped move everything around. Chan continued to pester Junhui about how not-secret his little charade with Minghao would be if he wasn’t careful. At the same time, Junhui tried his best to avoid Seungkwan, who already knew too much. Soonyoung and Seokmin were also doing their fair share of avoiding, at least with each other. Both were way too embarrassed to see the other before the day was out. On the other hand, Seungkwan and Hansol were doing a lot of seeing each other. For the rest of the day, they took trips down to the moving van to get Seungcheol’s stuff and back up to get Jeonghan’s then upstairs to get Wonwoo’s and back downstairs to get Soonyoung’s. In the process, both had become fairly comfortable, Seungkwan learning to actually speak again and Hansol figuring out when to keep his mouth closed, problems that neither one of them thought they would ever have. And in the midst of all of this, the three happy couples continued to be themselves. When it was all over, Wonwoo closed the front door to his new home.

“That took forever,” he said through a yawn.

Mingyu watched from the kitchen as his boyfriend tossed his limp body onto the couch. “Hey, we moved five guys in less than 24 hours. That’s pretty impressive to me.”

Wonwoo laughed and sat up. But instead of looking back at Mingyu, he twisted his body to look at what was resting against the wall behind the couch. “It’s a good thing you didn’t move. I wouldn’t want to risk damaging any of your paintings.”

Mingyu walked over and sat next to Wonwoo, copying his position. “I haven’t touched those in a while,” he realized.

Turning to see the low look on Mingyu’s face, Wonwoo blurted out, “You should start painting again.”

Mingyu scoffed. “That was blunt.”

“No, I’m serious,” he said, taking Mingyu’s hand in his. “It’s just the two of us living here. Once we move out that bunk bed, there’d be plenty of space for you to set up a small studio in the bedroom.”

“Seriously?” he asked.

Wonwoo rapidly nodded. “Yes! Mingyu-ah, you need to start painting more!”

Hearing the love of his life say these things made Mingyu’s heart beat incredibly fast. He was overcome with emotion. The only thing he could do was grab Wonwoo’s face and kiss him.

“I love you, Wonwoo.”

Wonwoo laughed. “I love you, too.” the side of Mingyu’s face, he slowly stood up. “And when you get your studio up, I know exactly what you’ll paint first.”

Mingyu furrowed his eyebrows and watched as Wonwoo disappeared into their bedroom. “You have something in mind?”

After a few seconds, Wonwoo came back out holding that first painting Mingyu had ever made him, showing off the purple door and the number 71. “I just think it’s time for an update.”

A huge smile on his face, Mingyu stood up and walked over to take it from his boyfriend’s hands. Grinning down, he shook his head, “I guess 71 wasn’t meant to be.”

Wonwoo smiled. “No,” he said, taking the painting away and sliding his body into Mingyu’s arms, “but 17 is even better.”

And as those two fell into another kiss, across the hall, Seungcheol and Jeonghan were sitting on the couch in the apartment they used to share.

“Wah!” Jeonghan exclaimed, looking around. “This place looks great!”

Seungcheol raised an eyebrow at his friend. “It’s filled with boxes.”

“Yeah,” Jeonghan agreed. “But in the little time I’ve lived here, this is the first time it’s felt whole.”

Seungcheol scoffed and patted his friend on the knee. “It’s gonna be whole living with Jisoo, I promise you that.”

“I know,” Jeonghan sighed, leaning his head into the sofa pillow. “I’m gonna miss this couch.”

Rubbing the cushion, Seungcheol laughed. “You and Jisoo did a good job breaking it in.”

Chuckling, Jeonghan glanced over at him. “You and Jihoon better make sure it stays broken in.”

“You’re so gross. Why’s everyone so gross these days?”

“Hey! You and Jihoon are the baby couple,” Jeonghan pointed out. “Mingyu and Wonwoo over there are doing all sorts of crazy things.”

“Don’t remind me,” Seungcheol groaned.

Jeonghan laughed. “I won’t have to. But you may want to get yourself some noise cancelling headphones.”

“Why?”

Jeonghan raised an eyebrow at him. “How many times do I have to tell you—”

Realizing where this was going, Seungcheol nodded. “Right,” he grinned, glancing over at the closed front door. “You can hear really well through these doors.”

Jeonghan smiled and stared at the back of his friend’s head. He firmly gripped Seungcheol’s shoulder. “I’m really gonna miss living with you.”

Seungcheol turned back around and softly smiled. “Me too.” Not much else needed to be said.

Even though the two had technically stopped living together for some time now, it was still hard to walk away from everything that used to be. Jeonghan had grown accustomed to Seungcheol’s insistence on talking about his day before they both went to bed. Seungcheol was used to buying extra shampoo every time he went to the store. Both of them were going to miss the other bringing in the mail every afternoon. But at the same time, they knew that what they were walking into was even better.

“You be good to that boy, okay?” Jeonghan said, pointing firmly at Seungcheol’s face.

“As long as you be good to Jisoo.”

As the two of them laughed, Jihoon and Jisoo could hear their entire conversation from out in the hall. “The building really has to look into thicker doors or something. You can literally hear everything they’re saying,” Jisoo commented.

Jihoon smiled and leaned against the wall. “Ehh, I don’t really mind anymore.”

Chuckling, Jisoo reached for the doorknob. But before he turned it, he looked to Jihoon and said, “I never got a chance to properly thank you, Jihoon. For everything. If it wasn’t for you, I don’t know if Jeonghan and I would’ve ended up where we are now.”

Jihoon nodded. “Seriously, Jisoo, I wish nothing but the best for you and Jeonghan. You two have made a huge difference in my life, and Seungcheol’s.”

“All of us should go out soon.”

“Definitely.”

Grinning, Jisoo finally opened the front door and Jihoon stepped inside. “Jeonghan, ready to go?”

Jeonghan stood up and wiped down his pants. “Yeah!”

He and Seungcheol joined the other two at the door. “Are you sure you guys don’t need anymore help with anything?” Jeonghan asked, again.

Jihoon chuckled. “We’ve got it all from here. Thanks guys.”

The two of them nodded. “You guys get settled in,” Jisoo said. “We’ll probably see you tomorrow.”

“Probably,” Seungcheol laughed.

With a smile, Jeonghan stepped out into the hall and took Jisoo by the hand. “Good night, guys!”

“Good night!” Jihoon and Seungcheol both said.

“Good night!” Jisoo finished as Seungcheol closed the door behind them.

Letting out a deep sigh, Jeonghan leaned his head into his boyfriend’s shoulder. “They might be finished, but now we have to get the moving van to your place.”

Our place,” Jisoo corrected.

Jeonghan glanced up and pecked him on the cheek. “Our place.”

As those two headed for the elevator, Jihoon and Seungcheol headed into their bedroom. Seeing the two twin beds made Jihoon chuckle. “So, do you still want to talk about the bed situation?” he teased, sitting down on the one that used to be assigned to Seungcheol.

But this time Seungcheol wasn’t all blushy. Instead he just smiled and lunged towards Jihoon. “Come here!”

As he was being into Seungcheol’s arms, Jihoon couldn’t stop laughing. After a few seconds of rolling around, Jihoon managed to cry out, “So I guess we’re using this one.”

Seungcheol laughed and laid on his side, fondly gazing into Jihoon’s eyes. He had to brush some of that pink hair out of his face. “If the two of us can fit.”

“Mmm.” Jihoon nuzzled himself deeper into Seungcheol’s chest. “I think we fit just fine.”

Seungcheol kissed the top of Jihoon’s head and felt his insides get all warm. Having Jihoon so close just felt so amazing, and the idea of always having him that close...made him feel like he was falling all over again.

“I can’t believe we live together,” Seungcheol said.

Jihoon looked up at his boyfriend. “You know what this means right?”

Seungcheol smiled and pressed his forehead to Jihoon’s. “What does this mean?”

Jihoon’s entire body was tingling. He was smiling from ear to ear and he knew that that grin wasn’t coming off anytime soon. “It means neither of us can forget our keys anymore.”

Seungcheol chuckled and stared down at Jihoon’s lips. “With you,” he whispered just as he leaned in for a kiss, “I could never forget.”


i'm sorry for the late update but this is a pretty long chapter so i hope it makes up for that XD I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED THIS CAUSE IVE BEEN ANTICIPATING THIS CHAPTER FOR A WHILE XD i always felt like the other members didnt have enough in the story so this was a  lot of fun :D TECHNICALLY this could have been the last chapter of the entire fic but i'll keep it going for a bit longer if you guys would like :) THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! <3