Six

Protecting you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who are you to say such a thing?”


“I am his boyfriend.”


“No, you’re not. Mr Yong, I’ve told you, we are not together.”


Junhyung stared at Yoseob, sadness and disbelief blended together and flashing in his eyes, “What?”


“He said that the both of you are not together. So that means you have no rights to ask me not to touch him”, Mir stated smugly, satisfied to hear that the two weren’t together. It seemed to him that Junhyung was infatuated with Yoseob but the smaller male was thankfully not reciprocating it. The police officer was trying to assure Junhyung with his eyes that there was a reason behind him doing this but the CEO was already walking away and back into his office room dejectedly.


“You have no rights to touch me”, Yoseob stated with a straight face to Mir, “Please live in the present and not dwell on the past”. With that, he hurriedly rushed off towards the office room, hoping that he had not hurt the CEO too badly with his words.


Mir frowned and shouted down the corridor as Yoseob rang, “I’ll win you back, you’ll see!”


The door closed and Yoseob was in the office, sighing as he spotted Junhyung typing behind the laptop. Although he was a picture of calm, he could see from the intensity of the typing that Junhyung was upset and he wasn’t typing proper words, most probably just pressing on the keys, pretending to be busy. Sweeping across the room, he stood beside Junhyung and quickly peered into the laptop before snorting, “So you really are just typing gibberish.”


Junhyung slammed his laptop shut and glared at the younger male, “I have no need to explain what I am doing to you because I am not your boyfriend apparently, so I have no rights and neither do you.” The police officer held back a chuckle, not wanting to deflate the wheezing pride of the CEO anymore, and held the CEO’s hands lovingly, “Well yeah you are not my boyfriend. You didn’t ask. And besides, I only said those stuff just now because I didn’t want what we have to affect the case. All three of the suspects had confronted me just now and I realised that this might just complicate the matter even more. Therefore, for now, I think we have to keep what we have under wraps first.”


The CEO sulked and pouted, “What do we even have? You said that you aren’t my boyfriend.”


Yoseob’s laughter tickled the ears of Junhyung, “You know what you mean to me. It’s just that as long as the murderer has not been caught, we should try not to let our guards down.” “So does it mean that you are my boyfriend?” “You never give up don’t you?” “No, so tell me. Are you my boyfriend?” “I told you, you haven’t asked.”


Junhyung kicked his legs childishly and leaned back against his chair, “You kissed me, twice! How can you not be my boyfriend?”


“If I didn’t recall wrongly, you are the one who initiated both kisses so technically, I didn’t kiss you.”


“Were you an unwilling party?”


“Oh come on”, Yoseob whined as he positioned himself comfortably on Junhyung’s lap, “You know my feelings for you. I just don’t want this to come out in the open in case the murderer attempts something rashly. Let us love, behind the scenes alright? And you have to ask me to be your boyfriend, whether or not I was a willing party for the kisses.”


“Alright, I’ll ask you when the time is right. But I’m confused. Do I still get to kiss you then?”


The police officer gave a shout of laughter at the puzzled CEO and leaned to kiss him fully on the lips, mumbling against it,


“Of course you do.”


------


“That woman is a complete terror and how I just wish I can tear off that face of hers!”
“She’s in a bad mood because of the rumours between Mr Yong and his secretary and she vent it out on us!”


Yoseob listened quietly behind a pillar as two of the Human Resource officers gossiped about Hara, obviously ticked by the woman. In his time in the office, he had always heard others talking bad about her and he wasn’t even surprised anymore when someone claim to dislike her. It was apparent why they would feel that way as she was incompetent and yet, she expects all the staff under her to entertain her little whims and fancy.


However, these two ladies are always part of what he calls Hara’s fan club and it was strange why they were speaking so badly of her right now when they used to worship the ground that she walked. Stepping out from his hiding place, he walked towards them naturally and gave a noise of surprise, “Good morning, Misses!” The two ladies gave a little jump before coughing, obviously flustered, “Good morning, Mr Yang!”


Yoseob decided that it was a good time to display some cuteness as he stretched a little and pouted, “Oh my goodness, is it me or is Miss Goo getting way too picky with details? Sometimes, I feel like I’m not doing a good job.” The ladies gave a sigh of aww at the large puppy eyes shining at them and went to pat him on the back, “Mr Yang, it’s not you, you’re doing well! It’s Hara, she haven’t been in a good mood recently!” “Oh… But as her friends, shouldn’t you all be comforting her?”


One of the ladies scoffed and crossed her arms, “It’s precisely because we have known her for years, and we know that it’s impossible to cool her down when the matter is in regards to Mr Yong. That woman would kiss the ground walked by Mr Yong if she could. She’s completely unreasonable when it comes to him!”


“Oh?” Yoseob blinked his wide eyes innocently and tilted his head cutely, “How unreasonable?”


“Well, there was once Mr Yong had a secretary who lasted for more than a week! There was never once where Mr Yong had a secretary, male or female, that lasted so long and rumours started flying! Hara was fuming mad as she believed that the secretary had seduced Mr Yong. Nobody knows but we knew the exact reason why the secretary resigned shortly after.”


The other lady nodded and spoke confidently, “Hara called her men to wreck that woman’s place and even kidnapped her son for days until the woman resigned.”


Yoseob furrowed his brows, deliberating over the new information, and the two ladies misread that as him doubting their words, “It’s true! We heard her on the phone and we have the new address of the woman because we were told to find that woman a place far away to ensure she never returns.”


“Could you give me the address please?”


“Why do you need it?”


“I’m afraid that Hara would do something to me too because I’ve been here for a month already! I need to find that woman to ask her to teach me what to be wary about.”


“Okay! We’ll text you!”


Yoseob nodded and left the two ladies to themselves, his heart racing as he thought through their words. If it was true that Hara could react so drastically just from the woman remaining as Junhyung’s secretary for more than a week, there was possibility she would have reacted as drastically when Junhyung’s parents had set their foot down saying that they will never allow their marriage. He entered Junhyung’s office room with a troubled look, locking the door behind him to ensure there would not be any disturbance.


Junhyung eyed him questioningly and he caught his breath, panting a little as he spoke, “You had a secretary that lasted more than a week with you. Hara kidnapped her son and used that against her to threaten her to resign. She even damaged her place. She’s definitely not as harmless as she looks.”


The CEO frowned as he processed the sudden influx of information before burying his face in his palms, “No wonder she left so abruptly! She refused to accept anything from me and cleared all her stuff within a day.” As he ranted on about the secretary leaving and the reasons behind her actions, Yoseob felt a weird tugging in his heart and he gave a small cough to interrupt the CEO’s rant.


“I’m just curious… Is she a good secretary? I mean, for you to have her for more than a week unlike the rest. You know, like is she really fast at typing or… you know?” Yoseob stuttered, scolding himself mentally as he didn’t know why he was speaking so incoherently and stammering so badly.


Junhyung paused and stared curiously at Yoseob before laughing loudly, “You’re jealous!”


“I’m not! This is for the case!”


“So not true. You are jealous, you are jealous!”


Yoseob rolled his eyes and sat on his chair, busying himself with the documents on his desk. He refused to meet the eyes of Junhyung despite sensing the intense staring from the CEO and continued grasping on various documents, flipping through files but not reading it or taking in any new information. Junhyung chuckled as he walked towards Yoseob, settling himself down on the smaller male’s desk, facing him who was still fighting against his urges to look at the CEO. 


He felt a pair of arms wrapping him around the shoulders and he struggled to hold his smile as he turned his head to face Junhyung’s which was only an inch away. “I’m not jealous, I am--”, he started but was silenced by Junhyung’s lips. The CEO pulled away, slightly scooping the smaller male up, putting him on his lap as he sat on the chair now and grinned, “You are. But you really have no reason to be. I kept her only because she was really capable and organized.”


“Which could be the exact same reason why you are keeping me.”


“You know that’s not true.”


Yoseob hummed as he leaned against Junhyung’s shoulders, fiddling with the CEO’s collar. He enjoyed the warmth that Junhyung’s body radiates and the manly scent that had a unique calming effect on him. “It’s strange how yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter