But Maybe...

Curiosity Kills

"S-Sungjong..." the words barely left Myungsoo's mouth.

Said boy froze, feeling suddenly wide awake and sitting up from his laying position, before turning to face Myungsoo, "W-What are you doing here..."

But Myungsoo couldn't even speak, he simply felt the need to hug Sungjong, to make sure that he wasn't dreaming-- so he did. However, he didn't expect Sungjong to push him away, looking rather freaked out, "Myungsoo, what are you doing here...?! Why have you been waiting for me to wake up?!"

"Jongie..."

"Don't just say my name! Answer me!" Sungjong looked like he was on the verge of pulling his hair out.

Myungsoo gulps before firmly saying, "Because you're my lover."

He found it odd as to how Sungjong's expression was so shocked when he heard what he said. With a shaky voice, the younger asks, "W-Why...?!"

"Because I love you-"

"I ASKED FOR WHY! NOT FOR SOMETHING ROMANTIC!" Sungjong yelled, looking just as hurt as Myungsoo felt. The other gripped the blanket tightly, his voice becoming hoarse, "Why... You could have ran away...! Just why...?!"

Myungsoo wordlessly reaches over to hold Sungjong's hand but only caused the latter to struggle against his hold, however, Myungsoo didn't want to give up, keeping a hold even though Sungjong thrashed and screamed at him to let go of him; afterall, if his resolution was already made before, then he will make sure to keep it. He barely manages to pull Sungjong into a hug, successfully silencing him before yelling, "I won't let you break by yourself!"

"... What are you talking about..." he could barely hear what the feminine boy had said.

"Krystal told me everything, and I... I don't want you to suffer," Myungsoo murmured, holding him tighter. He only released when he felt a hand weakly push him away.

"As I thought... you still don't understand me..." Sungjong says quietly, still keeping a hand on Myungsoo's chest but was now avoiding Myungsoo's gaze, "Myungsoo, I'm already broken. There's nothing left of my sanity to say that I'm not broken."

Sungjong gripped his own shirt, the area where his heart was, "Stop dreaming that we'll be living 'happily ever after' because as long as you're with me... you'll never get that. I'm extremely unstable- you should know that already if I've already suddenly killed you before, so what don't you understand whenever I ask you why you're so stubborn to stay with me?"

He tries to take a deep breath, even though it feels like he was suffocating from all of the pressure. Myungsoo speaks slowly as he tries to sort out the feelings he felt, "Well, if I'm- no- if we were able to fall in love with each other again, then that means something, doesn't it?"

"Or maybe you're too innocent to realize that this will never work. Besides, everything human about me had broken when I regained my memories, so why even bother-"

"I won't give up."

That was the first moment in a while that he felt determined. No matter what, he just didn't want to let the boy into his own world of self-destruction where no one would be able to reach nor help him.

Myungsoo tries to smile reassuringly as Sungjong looks at him in shock, "From what Krystal had told me, you hate liars and your jealous of anyone who's innocent. That's why you felt the need to decide on a 'face'- which would lead to choosing the morbid curiosity side, because you thought that your innocent side was... a liar, and you didn't want to be a liar because you thought that you no longer have any form of innocence left.

"I understand you a lot better than you think, if I didn't, then what kind of 'love' would this be? But if... if anything that I said is wrong, you still have the right to push  me away if I'm wrong about any of that. I'm telling the truth though, because you've already said it before: I'm too innocent."

The younger stared at him before tears pricked his eyes, "I... I hate you so, so much... it's annoying..."

"But...?" Myungsoo rose his tone a bit, seeing how it didn't seem like Sungjong would push him away.

Sungjong turns his head down enough to block his face before shocking Myungsoo as he felt a soft push against his chest. Such a soft push couldn't even compare with what his heart felt as Sungjong muttered the words, "Let me go already..."

He wanted to protest, to try harder to win him over, to never let him go, but his determination had crumbled once he felt that ever so quiet push. Myungsoo bit the bottom of his lip, biting back the words of protest and tears he wanted to let out. At this point, he knew that Sungjong would never be saved and simply wanted self-destruction without needing a lover to worry about.

Ever so slowly, he raises his hand and gently holds his hand that still laid on his chest. He pulls the hand off before painfully taking a step back, taking one last look at their hands and the warmth their hands shared before slowly letting the warmth flee as he tries to force himself to walk away.

Suddenly, he feels himself jolt and stop, shock hitting him again when he feels a hand tightly gripping onto his hand. Myungsoo turns around to meet the same shocked expression belonging to Sungjong, tears silently falling down his cheeks.

"I...!" Sungjong wanted to retort, deny anything, but the moment the warmth fled him, that little bit of innocent left behind suddenly cried out that it still existed, that it wasn't completely loss to the feeling of betrayal and hatred. He allowed that innocence to take over as he felt himself nearly choke on a sob, "A-Am I allowed to change my mind, Myungie...?"

Myungsoo stared at him before quickly coming over and hugging Sungjong, letting himself cry into the space by his neck as relief and happiness filled him again as he clung onto Sungjong tightly, never wanting to let the younger go.

He hesitated slightly, but slowly, he puts his arms around Myungsoo, giving him a gentle squeeze in return as he smiled genuinely at remembering such a familiar feeling, "Jeez, you're such a crybaby..."