Inside Out: Sehun

Inside Out: Sehun
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Oh, oh, oh! It's Yixing-sunbaenim!"

 

"Sheesh, can you pipe down, Chanyeol? I understand that you run on infinite energy but there are other emotions who survive on sleep."

 

Chanyeol’s lips clamp together and he shuts up. For one. Two. Thr– "But isn't Yixing-sunbaenim just so handsome and I swear, he's the epitome of kindness!" Chanyeol squeals, and buries his reddening face in his hands.

 

"... Someone needs to lock Chanyeol up in the cupboard and throw the key into the Abyss of Forgotten Memories. Or better yet, let’s throw him into the Abyss." And then comes an evil cackle before a timid voice–

 

"K-Kyungsoo, I-I don't think that's a very wise idea–"

 

"Shut the up, Joonmyun! Nobody asked for your opinion." Kyungsoo turns to face Joonmyun, and the sudden movement on the shorter emotion’s part is more than enough to make Joonmyun cower, his feet shuffling back in tiny, baby steps until he bumps into–

 

"Aie! Joonmyun just touched me! I’m going to be all sad, and my arm’s already turning blue all over, and oh my god blue is such an fugly colour to be seen in can someone help meeeeeee!"

 

At the high-pitched shriek of another emotion complaining about him, Joonmyun’s legs give way, as his body seems to just suddenly become slime and the emotion literally face-plants onto the floor. He visibly deflates, blue swirls rising out (well yes, he's really blue in colour) of his body and Joonmyun feels... sad, as he should be. No, scratch that; Joonmyun is sadder than usual.

 

"N-No!” Joonmyun seems to be mumbling to himself, words muffled by the fact that he’s kissing the floor. “If Zitao can be infected with my sadness... That means that all of you can be infected as well...! And we can't have that...! Otherwise Sehun will only be sad and not–"

 

Joonmyun suddenly feels a whoosh of air, feels himself sitting on his buttocks, and a clenched fist is all he sees. In his peripheral vision, Kyungsoo’s murderous glare greets him. Joonmyun promptly shuts up.

 

"I ing swear that if the two of you don't shut up this instance, my fists will be in your toothless mouths." Kyungsoo has another fist shoved in Zitao’s green (literally) face, his parted lips allowing heated breaths to escape and pepper at the two emotions’ terrified faces. Extreme fear of the strong, red-coloured emotion paralyses Joonmyun and Zitao but they manage to nod their heads, and Kyungsoo retreats in satisfaction, a smug smirk on his face. Kyungsoo is powerful like that.

 

A resigned sigh comes from somewhere within the Headquarters and Chanyeol’s voice pipes up, not even bothering to hide the delight in his seemingly depressed (Hey... No one is allowed to be sad except me... Joonmyun drawls.) tone, "Gosh, Soo, do you always have to resort to physical violence each time? Can't we all just talk it out diplomatically?"

 

Kyungsoo stares at Chanyeol, as though the latter's turned into another colour that's not yellow — the colour of joy — before deadpanning monotonously, "Didn’t my self-introduction on my first day of work when I clearly yelled NICE TO MEET YOU I AM ANGER! not tell you anything about me, Park Chanyeol?"

 

“Well,” Chanyeol quips. “Not really?”

 

Kyungsoo feels the dormant rage within him stirring, beginning to bubble after he sees how Chanyeol tilts his head and directs an innocent expression at him. The red-coloured emotion wants to gouge his own eyes out, or better yet, the yellow-coloured emotion’s eyes out. Kyungsoo’s thoughts are cut short, though, when a shrill shriek from Zitao rings out in Headquarters and the emotions’ eyes all snap towards the large screen in front of them.

 

“Aieeeeeee, Yixing-sunbaenim is walking over!” Zitao throws his hands up, face seemingly turning greener than he usually looks. “Someone do something, anything, quick!”

 

The colours — red, blue, and green — crowd around Chanyeol as he quickly gets to work, mind running a mile a minute to come up with possible solutions as to what Sehun should do because aye epitome-of-kindness Yixing-sunbaenim is strolling over and oh my gosh are those flower petals arou–

 

“Hey, Sehun!” Yixing waves, a dimpled smile blinding Sehun and through the screen, the four emotions in Headquarters all crumple onto the floor, hands shielding their closed eyes because my eyesssss (Kyungsoo) aie (Zitao) that smile is illegal, Yixing-sunbaenim, ILLEGAL I TELL YOU (Chanyeol). (Joonmyun is sobbing incoherently into the floor, again.)

 

“H-Hey, Yixing-sunbae.” Sehun waves back, a small smile of his own forming on his face. The emotions have gotten back up, as Chanyeol grins, his hands working their magic on the buttons and levers of the control panel right in front of him. The other emotions stand next to him, eyes fixated on the large screen, rounding in surprise as they watch Yixing close the distance between Sehun and him, an arm swinging across Sehun’s shoulder and the older boy leads the younger down the hallway. “Heading t-to the canteen?”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter