Bonus Chapter #6- Screw Up

Straight as a ruler

Jongdae takes his seat in the hall, looking up at the stage and waiting for Sehun’s dance recital to start. When he arrived, he felt really out of place; there were so many younger people or family members who had come to watch the event and having nobody else that he knew there, Jongdae effectively was by himself until the entrance was opened. He would admit that he was quite excited. Sehun often spoke of these classes and often came to their tutoring sessions straight from practice. Jongdae just wanted to see him dance already!

As the event started, Jongdae had to wait a little while before he finally got to see Sehun dance. The younger students kicked the evening off, and Jongdae wonders if Sehun had helped choreograph some of these routines, often hearing Sehun brag about how he helped out in these classes. The first glance that Jongdae gets of Sehun is when the younger students finally finish their set and he comes out with his own little group. The only disappointing thing was that for the whole of the routine, he was performing behind others and Jongdae had to wait until his solo piece, as the music started and the spotlight fell solely onto Sehun.

Turns out, he was good.

Sehun was very good.

From the moment the music started and Sehun started moving, Jongdae was mesmerised. His body flowed well with the music, effortlessly moving through his piece. Jongdae watches him, noting how smooth his transitions were, how he wasn’t just dancing, he was feeling the music. Sehun doesn’t just dance well, he looks great as well. His outfit clings to him in all the right places and as he moves into a body roll his shirt slowly rides up until-

“” Jongdae curses, earning a few glances from the people around him. He ignores them however, watching Sehun perform with a look of horror on his face when he realises just where his thoughts were going. He spends the whole of Sehun’s next couple of performances fanning himself and patting his cheeks, trying to get rid of the blush on his cheeks. When he goes to see Sehun at the end of the event, he hopes it was all just a moment of weakness and it’ll pass. That’s really not the case when he calls Sehun over to him, the boy smiling widely at Jongdae before he jogs over.

“Sorry I don’t have a flower bouquet to give you” he jokes, Sehun nudging him with a laugh

“I don’t care! I’m just glad you’re here!” he replies happily, “What did you think of it?”

“Good. Very good. Never knew you could pull some moves like that.”

Sehun smiles shyly and ducks his head, taking a moment to composed himself before facing Jongdae again. “Thank you for coming. Really. It’s nice to have someone come and support me.”

“Well, I couldn’t leave my favourite tutee to do this by himself, could I?” Jongdae replies, ruffling his hair before, “How does dinner at the greasiest fast food joint we can find sound? On me of course!”

 

 

“Are you okay? You look distracted”

Jongdae snaps out of his thoughts to find Sehun looking at him with a worried expression on his face. “Y-yeah… I’m good. Sorry. Got distracted” he explains with a nervous laugh, “What were you saying? Before I spaced out?”

Sehun regards him with a look of suspicion, studying him for a moment before shrugging his shoulders. “I said I’ve been struggling with these types of equations for a while. I can’t work my way through them at all.”

Nodding his head, Jongdae forces himself to concentrate as he tries his best to forget about the dance recital and help Sehun instead. Since that night, Jongdae had been trying to tell himself that there was no way he had any sorts of feelings for Sehun. He just thought that Sehun’s outfit suited him really well, that was all. Even if he did feel something for Sehun- which he certainly didn’t- there was no way anything could happen between them anyway. They were strictly tutor and tutee and there was too big of an between them, and Sehun still wouldn’t be an adult for a number of months.

The friendship Jongdae had built up with Sehun had taken a while to make it what it was today and even then, it was still pretty fragile. Jongdae wasn’t about to let any feelings he possibly had get in the way and screw it up.

 

 

The rapid knocking on his door doesn’t stop until Jongdae walks over and opens it, cursing to himself and getting ready to shout at whoever was knocking like this so late in the evening. When he opens the door however and sees Sehun on the other side, his anger dissipates instantly, and is instead replaced with concern.

“You okay?” he asks

“I got in” Sehun replies, now properly looking at Jongdae, “The university offered me a place. Subject to grades.”

There’s a moment of silence between them before Jongdae properly registers what Sehun’s told him, eyes widening as he laughs happily. “That’s great!” he exclaims, pulling Sehun in for a hug, “See, I told you you’d get in! I’m so proud of you!”

Sehun slowly hugs him back, all other feelings pushed aside except for how emotional he suddenly felt. Someone was actually proud of him! Sure, his teachers had told him that when they saw his grades were improving, but this was different. He doesn’t think he can ever remember a time his parents told him they were proud of him, if they ever did.

“We need to celebrate!” Jongdae declares when the hug breaks, making Sehun laugh.

“We don’t have to” he replies as Jongdae nods his head and moves towards the kitchen

“You just got into university, that’s a pretty big deal, especially with how your grades were in the beginning” he explains, ignoring the little protest Sehun put up about his grades. Opening his fridge, he pulls out a bottle of what is left of the white wine inside.

“It was my mum’s birthday yesterday” he explains, “This is just one of the bottles me and my brother brought home”

“Kyungsoo’s not gonna be happy if he finds out you gave me alcohol underage” Sehun jokes as Jongdae hands him a glass.

“I’m not planning on telling him. What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him.”

Though Kyungsoo thinks he this innocent kid who’s never had a sip of alcohol, Sehun’s a young adult with friends who are horrible influences on him. The previous times he had had alcohol though, it was the cheapest brands his friends could get their hands on. What he was drinking now was branded, and Sehun could definitely taste the difference as he took a sip, making a little face that has Jongdae laughing at him. Looking at the full picture, this was a nice little scene Sehun found himself in; celebrating with Jongdae, have Jongdae feel proud of him, just the two of them together sharing a bottle of wine between them.

“This is the time where you really need to crunch down. Especially if you need certain grades to get in” Jongdae starts and begins to drabble on about something that Sehun doesn’t pay attention to. Instead, he places his glass on top of the counter, moving towards Jongdae. Without even thinking about it, he leans down and kisses Jongdae, who’s so shocked he drops his glass and lets it smash against the floor.

“S-Sehun”

Realising what he’s just done, Sehun panics. Grabbing his jacket, he spins around and quickly walks towards the front door.

“Wait! Sehun, no, come back!” Jongdae calls after him, grabbing a hold of Sehun’s arm to only have him yank it away, slamming the door behind him. Outside, Sehun panics even more, running home and ignoring shouts of protests from people he accidentally bumps into. He finally had a nice little thing going on with Jongdae and now he’d gone and screwed it up.

 

 

Jongdae had tried calling Sehun numerous times since then, but Sehun never picked up. He did consider going to speak to Sehun whilst he was at work, or even calling his parents to see if he was okay, but he knew that if he did Sehun would never forgive him for that. It had even gotten to the point where Sehun hadn’t turned up to his last couple of tutoring lessons and with exams not that far away, Jongdae was beginning to worry for him. He couldn’t afford to put his future on the line because something like this had happened.

When someone does knock on Jongdae’s door, he’s up in a flash and is running over, hoping that it’s Sehun. He’ll admit he’s disappointed when he sees Joonmyun at the door instead, but his disappointment quickly turns to concern when he notices just how distraught Joonmyun looks.


Happy New Year everybody!! I hope 2018 treats you just as well, if not better, than 2017 did! 

And to kick off the new year, we have Sehun and Jongdae being the ever dramatic people that they always were to begin with! 

Will Sehun talk to Jongdae again? 

Why did Joonmyun look so distraught? 

Will I ever get my work done before the uni term starts up again?!? 

All but one of these questions will be answered in the upcoming chapters!! 

Until then!!