Paranoid

Straight as a ruler

A couple of days later, and Joonmyun still hadn’t replied to his message. Yixing was tempted to call him again, but he didn’t want to be one of those annoying people who kept butting into other people’s business.

That didn’t help him with his paranoia. The longer it went without a word from Joonmyun, the more Yixing felt that he had done something to piss him off. When Jongdae had come to pay a visit, Yixing had asked him if he had heard anything from Joonmyun, but he was just as unhelpful as anyone else was in this context.

“Your guess is as good as mine” he had replied with a shrug, and that was the end of that.

Whatever had happened, Yixing was going to have to forget about finding out for now. As the holiday season began approaching, more customers began to fill the café. With their renowned seasonal cakes and cupcakes going on sale as well, Kyungsoo, Yixing, and Sehun were working for much longer than they usually would. On one day, Sehun had called in sick and Kyungsoo had to get Baekhyun to come in and help them. It was a nightmare. During that whole time however, Joonmyun never came to the café once. Yixing was kept so busy, it almost took his mind off of him.

“Oh, hello again!”

Yixing looks up from the list he’s writing and comes face to face with a very familiar person. He knows he’s seen him somewhere before.

“Ah! You’re the barista from that cute little coffee shop!” he exclaims when he finally remembers, making the guy laugh

“I was hoping you’d remember me!” he says happily, shooting Yixing a wide smile, “I’m Minseok”

Yixing would be lying if he said he didn’t think Minseok was an attractive person. Personally, Yixing thought his eyes were his most attractive feature, and found himself very quickly drawn to them.

“What can I get you?” he asks as Minseok scans the menu and the various cakes they already have on display before turning back to Yixing

“What would you recommend?”

Yixing spends the better part of the afternoon chatting to Minseok and getting to know him some more. The most shocking revelations that Yixing discovers about Minseok is that the guy is almost thirty and that he doesn’t just work at the coffee shop, he owns it. It’s all fun and games until Yixing catches at the corner of his eye someone entering the café. When he properly looks up, he freezes and his expression falls when he sees Joonmyun standing at the entrance, his eyes darting between Yixing and Minseok. Before Yixing can say anything though, Joonmyun reaches into his pocket to grab his phone, and though Yixing can’t hear him talk, he does see Joonmyun rolls his eyes before saying something and exiting. Yixing doesn’t see him again for the rest day.

 

 

“I’ve gotta say, I’m surprised to see you here!” Tao says, walking through the shop as Yixing follows behind him

“Well, you said to come back anytime. You’re the only Chinese person I’ve met here, so it’s nice to talk to someone from back home once in a while” Yixing replies, Tao nodding his head in agreement

“Oh, believe me, I know the feeling all too well.”

With a cheeky wink, Tao reaches into the freezer out back and pulls out a bottle of red wine. Yixing shouldn’t have been as shocked as he was; in a suit shop as well presented and pricey as this place was, he expected nothing less. Between the two of them, they clear over half the bottle in no time, gossiping between the two of them and joking around.

“No more, no more!” Tao exclaims, lightly slapping Yixing’s hand away from the bottle, “I still have a couple more appointments left today!” 

As if on cue, the door to the shop opens, and as Yixing gathers up his jacket to leave, looks over to see Joonmyun walking in.


I was gonna update this last night... but then I ended up falling asleep whilst watching Knowing Bros on Netflix... 

For the people who want longer chapters, they're coming. Trust me, I have them written waiting to be published to you guys. 

Until the next chapter!