Hangover

Straight as a ruler

Yixing is woken early in the morning to the screech of his alarm clock. The moment he turns it off is when the pounding in his head begins as he whines and pulls his duvet over him. The most that he remembers from the previous night is going out drinking and spending much more than he thought he would. He has no memory of how he got home and got himself to bed.

Very slowly, he ventures from out underneath his duvet and reaches for his phone, hoping that there were any messages or photos that would help him piece some of his memories back together. That’s when he notices the glass of water and tablets on his bedside desk, a note stuck onto the glass.

Make sure you take these tablets before you do anything today. You’re gonna need them.
Also, you threw up in the bin next to your bed before I left, so make sure you don’t kick it over or anything when you get up.
-Joonmyun

Yixing drops the note in horror and jumps upright, remembering last second about the bin and moving away before he kicked it over. Joonmyun had taken him home last night? When did he get to the bar? Had Yixing accidentally called him while he was drunk?

Realising that he could have very well said something to Joonmyun in his drunken state, Yixing panics and begins tugging at his hair, trying to remember anything else.

“No, no, no” he whines out loud, and the hair tugging and pacing aren’t doing anything to help with his hangover but at that moment he couldn’t care less. When his phone begins to ring, Yixing rushes to answer it, hoping that it Joonmyun who’s calling him, but frowns when he finds it’s Sehun instead.

“Where are you? You were supposed to have the café open by now!”

Yixing downs the water and pills and jumps into the shower. With some effort, he makes himself slightly presentable before rushing out of his place, cursing to himself as he ran.

 

 

Sehun stands there staring at the sight in front of him. A very hungover Kyungsoo is currently sat on a stool next to a just as bad Baekhyun. Both of them are pale and holding their heads in their hands, four glasses of water between them. Yixing is no better; just before a couple of customers had come in he had ran out back, almost throwing up, and he looked even paler than his two friends. The only okay one was Chanyeol who was happily chatting away and helping himself to his second serving of a chocolate cake slice!

“Sehun, use us an example of why you should never drink” Baekhyun groans, resting his head in his arms as Chanyeol pats him on the back, Sehun nodding wordlessly in reply.

Luckily, today had been a quiet day for the café, so Yixing was able to recover from his hangover in relative peace. He also used this time to go out back and try calling Joonmyun to properly thank him. When Joonmyun doesn’t answer his phone, Yixing sends him a text instead and puts his phone aside. He tries to ignore it for the time being, but it’s always eating at the back of his mind.

“Hey Chanyeol” he says eventually, said guy finishing a bite of his third slice of cake as he turns his attention to Yixing, “Did I do anything… I don’t know, stupid last night?”

“When didn’t you do anything stupid?” Chanyeol laughs, “I mean, you feel out of your chair twice, walked into a table, and we had to leave because you walked into a guy and spilled his drink down his shirt. He almost hit you and I had to buy him another drink to make up for it”

Okay, Yixing definitely didn’t remember any of that. It also explained all of the bruises he found on his waist and legs in the shower this morning.

“D-did I say anything stupid last night?” he asks, now blushing madly

“Not that I can remember” Chanyeol replies with a frown, “Why?”

“I was just wondering. I can hardly remember anything from last night”

Putting on his best smile, Yixing manages to convince Chanyeol he was telling the truth before the latter shrugs his shoulders and turns to Baekhyun to ask how he was, getting a pained groan in return.

Eventually, Sehun has to leave for his dance recital and Jongin comes by after his shift to pick Kyungsoo up. Eventually, Chanyeol and Baekhyun leave and Yixing is left by himself. The day had been a relatively quiet one, so it wasn’t like he was swamped with customers after everyone else had left him. Yixing hoped that now everybody was gone, Joonmyun would show up and Yixing could properly crush the worry that he had possibly said something he wasn’t supposed to say.

By the time Yixing closes the café and locks up for the night, Joonmyun still hadn’t appeared. When Yixing checked his phone, he hadn’t called him back or answered his text. Now Yixing couldn’t help but feel that he had done something wrong.


Hey guys! Hope you all had an amazing Christmas Day! I ate a whole chocolate orange to myself and it was a bad mistake... I never regretted something so much in my life before that... 

So yeah, these next two chapters were originally going to be one whole chapter, but then I decided to split them. Mostly because then it helped witht he flow, because together it kinda looked like it could have been split. If that makes sense? Because of that, I might update again this evening or update the next chapter tomorrow. It's also getting to the chapter I've been waiting to get to for so long! Like I finished writing it and I just... guys... it's good! 

Until the next chapter!