So Cozy

Woozi Wonderland

You sat in silence for a moment; rather than think about Woozi, you were instead focusing on the light above you, hoping for the tell-tale flicker that would bring it back to life. The window suddenly howled past the window pane, and it didn't take a genius to figure out what had happened. You sighed. With snow like this, you wouldn't be getting power back any time soon.

“It probably won't come back on.” Since it was still day time, you could see enough of your surroundings to make out Woozi sitting across from you, looking around at the lights with his hands around the hot mug. Still, it was reasonably dark considering the clouds; you had a flashlight, but candles would probably be necessary. “I won't keep you, since the heat is off as well; besides, you might get snowed in if you stay too long, so you should probably leave after you finish that.” You motioned to his hot chocolate as you stood and began scavenging for candles and matches.

“No, I'll stay. I'm not leaving you alone here with no power.”

You turned to look at him. He wasn't watching you at all, blowing on his steaming drink every once in a while. You felt an unexpected flutter in your chest at his care, and to distract yourself began pulling supplies from the drawer.

“Really, I insist you go; no use you get stuck here. You can come another day when the whether isn't so bad--”

“No, I'm staying. There's almost two feet of snow outside and no heat, no power whatsoever. What kind of person would I be if I left you alone in that?”

You struck a match, the sudden flare of light proving how dark it was; Woozi's attention had left his drink and now he was focusing on you, offering you a small smile that demanded you stop arguing with him. He was getting far too cocky, you decided, but you couldn't suppress the warmth in your chest at the idea of him staying there with you. You cleared your throat as you lit a candle, preparing to give in.

“I mean, I'm fine with it as long as you have no where you need to be...”

He grinned so wide that his eyes turned into little crescents, utterly pleased with your agreement. He slid his upper body across the table, reaching for you.

“Thank you!”

There was a little sing-song quality to his voice that reminded you of when you were a child, and you couldn't help but smile at it. You playfully pushed him aside, internally laughing at how the resulting pout contrasted with masculine form, and put the candle on the table.

“I'm going to put these in the living room,” you said, motioning to the other candles you were holding. “I'll be right back, you can wait here if you want.”

Immediately, he pushed back his chair and stood. “I'll come with you, we can stay in there.”

You meandered about the room, leaving a candle here or there for later when it really got dark. You lit a few, needing the light in main areas around the couch; Woozi took some extra matches and put a candle in the window, its light casting onto the snow outside.
"It looks so nice! So cozy!" He clapped his hands together, long sleeves pulled over his hands, while you plopped onto the couch. You loved snow storms, but you weren't thrilled about the power outage; you couldn't even admire the tree now, dark as it was. Woozi came and sat next to you, pulling his long legs up in from of him so he could rest his chin on his knees; the few remaining sips of his hot chocolate sat on a table nearby.

“Yeah, but it would have been much nicer with the power on. Much warmer, too.” You crossed your arms, beginning to fell the onset of the chilly air sliding through cracks around the house. It was only a little, but with the wind picking up out side you could feel the temperature start to drop.

“Don't worry, I'll keep you warm--” the sing-song voice was back, and as he spoke he let himself fall sideways on the cough to lean on your shoulder. You pulled back just in time though that, arms around his knees as they were, he missed. Instead on finding your shoulder he fell all the way to your lap, his broad shoulders covering even your knees. You jumped a little in surprise as how close he suddenly was; seeing your expression, Woozi broke into a blissful smile.

“See? You'll stay warm this way.”

You actually did feel warmer, but that was likely from the blush that was erupting across your cheeks; you had to lean back far enough that your chest wasn't in the way of his face and that was only making things more awkward. Woozi apparently didn't care, because he curled up on this side as though going to sleep.

The angle you were at was uncomfortable to say the least, so when he turn, now facing the tree, you relaxed and rested and elbow on the side of the couch. You playfully tugged a strand of his hair with the other.

“Ah ah ah!” he yelled, reaching behind him to grab your hand away. “That hurts, you know!”

“I thought you were going to cut it?” You questioned, using your other hand to tangle through it now that Woozi had a strong grip on the other. He didn't seem like he would be letting it go any time soon.

“I like it this length,” he mumbled, a little whine in his voice. “You don't?”

“No,” you responded, tilting a head to the side as you twirled a lock around your finger. “I think I do, it suit you.”

He hummed, content, and pulled your hand in front of him to cuddle it like a teddy bear. Despite his large body, he still seemed like a child.

“You never grow up, do you?