I Adore You

Woozi Wonderland

He rolled over immediately, your hand still in his as he looked up to you. His expression now was one of utter seriousness, all traces of his earlier smiles gone.

“I've grown up a lot. When I was a kid, I was too afraid to get this close.” His thumb gently swiped across the back of your hand in a slow, intimate movement while he paused. You sat in a shock induced silence at his sudden change in demeanor. “But now, here I am.” After a moment more of no response from you he broke into a gentle smile, letting go of your hand and sitting back upright; you felt strangely empty at his departure, reaching out to him unconsciously before snatching your hand back before he realized. You looked your fingers for a second in confusion, as though that had betrayed you.

“Do you remember that time when we were dancing on Christmas eve together, when we were little?”

The memory came out of nowhere in response to his words, the evening of you two twirling under the tree under the amused care of your parents. You were young; six, maybe? And the image was no longer as crisp in your mind as it once had been. Still, it epitomized a childhood you loved. You felt a rush of relief at returning Woozi to a more familiar image.

“Of course I do, that was one of my favorite Christmas'. Wait, how old were you even then...?” He had still been a little unsteady, you seemed to remember. Twirls hadn't been his forte. “I'm pretty sure you fell over.”

“Ya,” he protested, embarrassed at the change of attention. “I didn't--”

“Oh my gosh,” you continued as you remembered the evening completely, laughter spewing out. “You fell over and crushed my present. I don't even remember what it was but I was so, so mad at you...”

“It wasn't my fault!” Woozi suddenly seemed smaller, embarrassed as he was. “I wasn't tall enough to spin you!”

You snorted, utterly amused. “Yeah, and look at you now, you could probably spin three girls at the same time flawlessly now.” You were still chuckling under your breath, unaware of Woozi.

“Probably. Want me to show you how good I've gotten?” He was standing in front of you, his height making it so that you had to look up and up until you found yourself gazing, wide eyed, at his face. He held a hand out to you in offering.

You reached out and took it, first then the fingertip and then with a solid grip all of it; he pulled you to your feet immediately.

“But there's no power, no music, we can't--”

“Of course we can, I'll just sing.”

He whirled you across the small floor before you could respond, wrapping his arm around your waist as he began first to hum. He stepped in time with his breath, moving in gentle circles for a moment until you got your bearings and he started to sing. Low, gently, he serenaded you, smiling a little at the way you blushed and concentrated on your feet so you wouldn't step on his toes. When even was the last time you had danced?

You didn't recognize the song, but that didn't make it any less beautiful. It took your breath away, but if Woozi noticed he didn't let on. His hand came away from your waist and suddenly he was twirling you outward, letting you reach towards the Christmas tree before pulling you back. You tripped into his chest, hand coming up to his shoulder to support you as he gathered you back in his arms. The slight force of your impact caused him to stop singing, but he only smiled with happy crescent eyes. You couldn't stop the fluttering in your chest as you gently swayed regardless of the silence.

“I really adore you,”he murmured, reaching out to touch a stray lock of hair behind your ear. Just as he spoke, the Christmas tree lit up with a low hum attributing the powers return. Suddenly the room was glittering, silver and gold globes catching the white string lights and reflecting them around the still candle-lit room. Woozi opened his mouth in childish wonder, but your jaw was still dropped at his words. They filled you with an undeniable warmth, an undeniable care that wouldn't let you question his sincerity.

“It's beautiful,” he breathed, but all you could think was how beautiful he was, his tall slim and suddenly masculine build, his fluffy hair and glorious smile. As he turned his attention back to you, you leaned forward and quickly pressed your lips to his in a chaste kiss, retreating quickly as your cheeks burned.

You let out a sharp exhale as you stood there, utterly embarrassed. And Woozi watched you. He waited hardly a second before pulling you close enough to return the kiss, a gentle caress of his lips to yours yet again. As he broke away he wrapped his arms around you, gripping you in a hug.

“I really,” he emphasized, “really adore you.”

You grinned, returning his embrace; you had never in your entire life been so happy to have the power go out.


And that's it, just a short little Woozi story :) It could almost have been a oneshot, but eh... Hope you enjoyed it!