Happy Holidays

Woozi Wonderland

For this early in December, having snow this heavy was unusual; it was the thick, fluffy kind that came straight out of a story book but weighed a ton, the perfect kind for the holidays. You were curled up on the couch watching it fall, a mug of steaming hot chocolate in hand. It was a little early in the season to have a Christmas tree up but you couldn't resist the allure of it's flicking lights, and so that was today's project. It was mostly done now, the lights and decorations all on save the star at the top; you didn't have a stool and it was a bit too high for you.

You were contemplating getting a chair to stand on when the doorbell rang. Unhappily you got up, debating for a moment whether or not to bring the cocoon of blankets with you when the bell rang again insistently.

“Yeah yeah I'm coming,” you mumbled, holding the mug in both hands to absorb its warmth. You looked out the peep hole, trying to see who was there but it was dark as though covered. Confused, you pulled it open.

“Hi!”

You looked forward and found only chest-- the reason you saw nothing through the peep hole was because your guest was wearing a dark coat. You looked up and up and up, searching for the face of the tall man in front of you until you found it, cute grin and pink hair sparking a memory that had no place with that body.

“Woozi! Hi!” You stepped away from the door and made room for him, taking his jacket while he shook a layer of soft snow from the top of his head. While you wanted to compare him to a puppy, you no longer could, not with a body like that. Last time you had seen him a few years ago he had been a solid three inches shorter than you and looked like a child. Now he was tall, lithe, all angles and suave and you had no idea where to look. Beneath his coat he wore an oversized fluffy sweater, the sleeves reaching down to his knuckles. Does he know he looks like a model? You closed the door behind him; the years of being childhood playmates no longer seemed like appropriate memories.

“How have you been?” He asked, and you realized that not even his voice was the same; it was deeper, richer than you remembered it. You hung up the jacket.

“Good, and you? Its been ages, you know, you should call once in a while.”

He gave you an apologetic shrug and smile. “Sorry, I've been really busy. But I was around and wanted to say hello before the holidays.

He stopped talking and looked around at the partial decor and the mug in your hands. "Isn't it a little early to be festive?"


You took a long sip. "It's not completely up yet, so it doesn't quite count. I was about to put the star on the tree, actually."


“You have a tree already?!" His eyes lit up and a smile split his face; infected with his excitement you waved him to follow you as you went in the living room.


“Yeah it's almost done, come see!"

You realized belatedly that it was kind of messy, but Woozi was completely focused on the glittering tree. You put down your mug on a side table and reached for the star.

“I wanted to finish today," you began, unwinding the cord and approaching the tree, "but this is just a little too high--" you stretched on your toes, trying to get the star to the top without hitting yourself on branches or, God forbid, knock the entire tree over. You went back on your heels, unable to keep your balance.

“Here." There was a steadying hand on your back as Woozi leaned over you and plucked the star from your grip, settling it on the top of the tree with ease. You looked up at him in awe and took a step out of the way; with his other hand he reached in to plug in the light, the stretch pulling up his sweater to reveal a few inches of skin above the band of his jeans. You stared, unable to look away, until the lights flickered on and he rocked back, the sweater sliding back down.

“It's so pretty!" He enthused, looking around at all the decorations. You gathered the empty boxes into a pile on the side and picked up your mug again.


“I like doing up the tree," you murmured, taking a sip and looking at his now hidden waist. "Oh, do you want some hot chocolate? I can make you some. Well, I guess that's a little childish, but with the weather and all--"


“I'd love some," Woozi responded, perpetually happy. You angled your head in the direction of the kitchen.

“It'll be thanks for putting the star up, then." You chuckled and went to find him a mug.


“You don't need to thank be for that," he said as he took a seat at the table behind you, stretching across it like a cat. "It would have been bad if you hurt yourself if you fell."


You felt a self conscious blush curl at the edges of your cheeks and distracted yourself by mixing the chocolate and bringing it over to him. He withdrew from across the table and took the mug gratefully, putting it to his lips immediately.


“Wait a minute," you were in the middle of cautioning, "it's hot--"


Woozi made a shocked sound and pulled the mug away as soon as he took a sip, the boiling liquid burning his tongue. "Ow, ow, ow," he mumbled to himself, fanning his mouth as though it would help. As much as you were concerned, you couldn't help but giggle a little at the image.


“Here." You went quickly to the sink to get a glass of cool water, which he chugged gratefully.


“That was so hot," he whined, looking down at the mug with puppy eyes. "But so good."


Before you had a chance to come up with a reply, the lights above you flickered. You both looked up, then to each other, just in time to be left in darkness.


Hey all! I thought I posted this already, but apparently not.. Whoops! Hope you enjoy, and sorry about the weird spacing, I'm having some problems with my words processor. I'll have a new chapter us soon!