Chapter 4

Girlfriend for the Week

Tiffany is like a newborn baby entering the Taekwondo world for the first time. With the movies and books that she’s read, she’s oblivious to the Korean martial arts.

 

Why fight when you can love…

 

So fast-forward to ten minutes into the match when Taeyeon takes a kick to the face.

 

“Yah!”

 

All eyes are on Tiffany, who is now rushing over like a mad bull.

 

“Who do you think you are hitting a girl? Your mother would be so disappointed!” Tiffany continued to poke Taeyeon’s competitor’s chest.

 

“Wha—“ The boy stared down at this raging president with confusion.

 

“If you had gone to this school, I would have given you detention!”

 

*poke, poke, poke*

 

“Ah, that hurts.” The boy backs up, but Tiffany follows him.

 

“What the hell is going on in my court?” The referee is glaring at Tiffany.

 

Why is he looking like a scary gangster at her? What did she do wrong?

 

“Give us five minutes.” Taeyeon is now dragging Tiffany off the mat.

 

“Taeyeon, I’m not done yelling at him.” Tiffany tries to resist as she tugs her arm back, but Taeyeon with her super strength effortlessly forces her to stand in a corner like a child getting a timeout.

 

Once they’re far away from the audience, Taeyeon bursts into laughter. She’s always serious when it comes to Taekwondo, but here she is, laughing and happy despite Tiffany’s interference.

 

“You know, I’ve been landing a lot of kicks at him. Why didn’t you interfere then?”

 

Tiffany purses her lips. Wasn’t it obvious? “You can hit him all you want, but he can’t hit you.”

 

Sound familiar?

 

“Who knew the student body president was like this?” Taeyeon shakes her head and looks away to hide her smile.

 

“Like what?” Tiffany frowns.

 

“Immature, jealous, tsk tsk Fany. You should try to keep it down a notch.”

 

 Tiffany is now tempted to add a punch to Taeyeon’s cheek, but the red mark on the girl’s face has her gently touching it.

 

“You would be too if you were me.”

 

“Psh, I’m always mature and I never get jealous, Fany.” Taeyeon takes her hand and leads her back to her seat. “Now be a good girl. That means no more running up to my opponent and going all student president on him.”

 

Tiffany crosses her arms. “Whatever.”

 

Once the match had started again, Tiffany kept to her word and remained in her seat. Well, she didn’t have a reason to come raging over there because Taeyeon was not allowing the boy to land anymore hits on her as she blocked every one of them.

 

Was it because she didn’t want Tiffany to worry?

 

“Hey, it’s you.”

 

Tiffany turns her head up and meets the boy that had kissed her cheek and got beat up by Taeyeon. “Oh, hi again. By the way, how’s your chest?”

 

The boy clears his throat. “It’s fine. But what about you?”

 

“Huh?”

 

He caught Tiffany off guard by suddenly touching her cheek at the spot where he had planted his mark.

 

A gust of wind blows at them and things go by like a blur by the time Tiffany blinks, because then she finds herself in Taeyeon’s arms and the boy is on the floor, breathing heavily out of fear.

 

“Get out.” Taeyeon orders in a grave tone as he scrambles out the door as fast as he could.

 

“Was that necessary?” Tiffany hisses at Taeyeon who is still staring at the exit, making sure that loser doesn’t return.

 

When Taeyeon finally looks at Tiffany, she’s back to being the arrogant kid that Tiffany is used to seeing. “I thought I made it clear. No one is allowed to touch you but me.”

 

Yeah, Taeyeon is never immature and jealous.

 

“Shouldn’t you be focusing on your match?” Tiffany changes the subject despite wanting to bury her face in her hands, because people are looking at them now and have probably heard Taeyeon’s possessive statement.

 

“You’re more important, Fany.” Taeyeon winks, effectively making Tiffany’s knees go weak.

 

You still got it, Kim Taeyeon.

 

“What the hell is going on here?! Kim, get your back here!” The coach orders with his eyes blazing, while the referee is once again annoyed and scowling in Tiffany’s direction.

 

“Got to go.”

 

After Taeyeon had won, no surprise there, she pulled Tiffany out of the room.

 

“Where are we going?” Tiffany asks with a blindfold on. It feels like she’s participating in a game of trust as she follows Taeyeon’s directions.

 

“Almost there. Okay, now take your blindfold off.”

 

Once she does, Tiffany’s eyes pop out and she tears up.

 

“Taeyeon…” Her hand goes to her rapidly beating chest.

 

“You like it? It took me hours to plant these.” Taeyeon smugly adds as they both stare at the new and improved garden, which is now filled with various types of flowers and multiple bushes of pink roses.

 

“I love it!” Tiffany beams with tear-stained cheeks.

 

She knew she did the right thing. Now, it was time to come clean.

 

“Taeyeon, I have to tell you something.”

 

“What is it?”

 

Tiffany nervously shifts her feet. “I was never mad at you for plucking the rose.”

 

“You weren’t?” Taeyeon’s eyes widen.

 

Tiffany bit her lower lip. “No. I just didn’t want to give in too easily. It wouldn’t have been fun.”

 

“Fun? What does that even mean?”

 

“Well, answer me this, what would you have done to court me?”

 

Taeyeon doesn’t understand where this conversation is going, but she still answers, “I would have asked you out on a date. We’d eat at a restaurant, maybe watch a movie and then I’d ask you to be my girlfriend when I drop you off at your place.”

 

Tiffany groans and sighs. “Bo-ring. So predictable and boring, Taeyeon.”

 

“Yah! People would be happy with that.”

 

“Well, not me. I’d like some spice in my love life, Taeyeon.”

 

“S-Spice?”

 

“Yes, spice. And it will go in my new book.”

 

Taeyeon was learning a lot in these five minutes. “What book?!”

 

Tiffany then pulls out the journal that Taeyeon has been seeing her write in for the past few days now.

 

Oh, now it made sense why she carried it around with her.

 

“So you pretended to be mad at me and avoided me just so I would work harder at wooing you? Just so you can make it more entertaining for your book?”

 

Tiffany pouted. “Are you mad at me?”

 

She should be, but looking back on it, maybe she would have given up on Tiffany if she had got her too easily.

 

“I love you, Tiffany.”

 

Tiffany is at first stunned, but then she eyes her weirdly as if she’s unsure about Taeyeon’s sudden confession. She hesitantly responds, “For the week?”

 

Taeyeon hums thoughtfully before replying with a softened expression, “More like, for-ever.”

 

Tiffany whimpers as her eyes become watery. “I have to write this down. Just give me a sec.” She opens up her journal and begins enthusiastically scribbling down words.

 

As a caring and sweet girlfriend, Taeyeon patiently waits. But her smile begins to falter as more and more seconds go by.

 

“Okay, enough.” Taeyeon tries to take Tiffany’s pencil but the girl quickly dodges her attempt.

 

“Wait, one more second.”

 

“No, no more. It’s Kim Taeyeon time.”

 

Kim Taeyeon time means all of Tiffany’s attention should be on this childish, eager and possessive Taekwondo captain.

 

Taeyeon is quicker and stronger as she snatches the pencil out of her girlfriend’s hand. Tiffany whines and tries to reach for it again, and to her horror, Taeyeon snaps her pencil in half with one hand, but Tiffany is unable to be upset because Taeyeon’s lips are on hers right now.

 

After a minute, Tiffany leans back and sees Taeyeon’s eyes still closed and mouth slightly apart. “You broke my pencil.”

 

“I’ll buy you a new one.” Taeyeon puckers her lips and holds Tiffany’s shoulders to keep her in place as she brings their lips back together.

 

But Tiffany twists her face away before their lips can touch. “Can it be pink? I like pink.”

 

“Fany!” Taeyeon growls impatiently. She looks like she wants to kill her.

 

“Okay, sorry. And Taeyeon-ah, I love you too.” Tiffany giggles as her fingers meet Taeyeon’s reddened cheeks before giving her Kim Taeyeon what she wants.

 

A kiss for upgrading from player status to taken status.

 

A kiss for catching this gem, brighter than gem Fany.

 

A kiss because they’re a couple and if they want to kiss then they can. 

 


Aw, it's over. I really enjoyed writing this short story. Debating on whether I should just continue this since I really like the characters. We'll see, so for now, I will not mark it as completed.

Anyways, thanks for everyone who has read this weird and cheesy story of mine. And thanks voters: hhn753, paradiso, siwonandyoona, byuntaeng98, suji01, cutegarbage, Lari_sone, dede123