Hyung

Love lost

Doors close, Windows open, Shadows die, People live, Darkness takes over every shallow heart in its peace. The silent screams for help being overcome by the loud shouts of rebellion.

 

Sorrow days being filled by happiness. Whereas all the happy days where replayed. The storms shake past the broken windows of old shops and buildings, and the story which was at the edge of being surfaced, once again goes down like a broken ship in water.

 

__________________________________

 

Baekhyun tore his sight away from the beautiful and true book, to face the reality of life. His beloved boyfriend, Park Chanyeol, lying next to him in his soft bed. In a little apartment on the 20th floor, Seoul being the city of choice for them both.

 

___________________________________

 

They had met in Collage, Introduced at a night party in Jongdaes dorm. Nothing exciting. Nothing crazy, Only about 20 students sitting in a tiny apartment, Playing truth or dare.

 

Chanyeol asked Baekhyun out the next day, Chanyeol took him to a fancy restaurant, Baekhyuns appearance not exactly matching the décor of the restaurant.

 

Their conversation being weak and awkward from the beginning, until Baekhyun finally cracked a smile, the night being saved.

 

_____________________________________

 

The next two years passed. Days flying past whereas the nights went by slowly filled with love.

 

On a beautiful Spring day, Chanyeol took the hand of his beautiful petit Boyfriend into his, Pulling out a little black box, asking for his lovers hand in marriage, and of course, his petit brunette, complied.

 

_____________________________________

 

Another year had passed, their happiness not being able to be expressed in words. Though with all this happiness came also the stress, the stress of earning money, and also keeping their spouse happy.

 

Baekhyuns one wish, living just a bit outside of Seoul, Not far, 15 minutes outside of the city, rather then in the dead centre of all the chaos , He just wanted some peace and quiet not the loud bustling of the city.

 

Chanyeol wanted to keep his little kkaebsong happy, so they decided to look for listings around Seoul, and not to long after, they found a house that complied both of their needs

 

Convenient and peace

 

____________________________________

 

A while had passed since they've moved in, Work piling for both of the boys. No time to spare for random dates and or little vacations. Everything had to be planned weeks in advance as both of them keep climbing the work latter. Baekhyun being the Manager of a huge SM kpop group, while Chanyeol was a the leader of one of Korea's biggest company.

 

______________________________________

 

One night Chanyeol gently pulled the papers away from Baekhyun, The smaller boy frowning slightly

 

“Chanye--”

 

“Baekhyun we have to talk.”

 

“About?”

 

“Our relationship, I feel we've drifted apart. Maybe we should take a couple days off, reconnect?”

 

“You know I cant, Chanyeol”

 

“Please, Just once”

 

“Fine”

 

_____________________________________

 

Baekhyun knew he couldn't keep his promise, But he figured to keep the conversation happy he had to say something to keep his spouse from being unhappy.

 

_____________________________________

 

Weeks have passed, No date being scheduled. Baekhyun had to leave the country for his job. Leaving Chanyeol alone and desperate for love.

 

Yet being desperate for some feeling, Chanyeol decided to stay loyal to his petit brunette.

 

____________________________________

 

Overtime Chnayeol had developed a new-found friendship with some of his work colleagues.

 

Sehun; Young boy, just out of collage, dating a boy called Luhan

 

Luhan; A Chinese boy who moved to Korea for studies but ended up living here for his boyfriend Sehun

 

____________________________________

 

Six months have passed, Chanyeol had becomen very close to the two boys, finally Baekhyun has returned from the long work trip.

 

Chanyeol couldn't wait introducing his husband to his newly wed friends.

 

____________________________________

 

Baekhyun instantly became friends with the two boys, Luhan and him would always go to bars late at night. Luhan wouldn't drink as much as Baekhyun, Luhan always made sure he was clean enough to drive the two home without causing an accident.

 

One Saturday was different, Luhan hadn't been paying attention to the amount off drinks he'd had, But he still decide to put his body behind the wheel and drive them both home.

 

____________________________________

 

Luhan ran a red light...

 

Both of the boys being rushed to the nearest hospital.

 

To they're luck, nobody was killed.

 

Luhan and Baekhyun had both barely escaped death.

 

Sehun had promised himself to take intensive care of his Husband. And so did Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun finally, got off from work, giving him time to spend with his spouse.

 

Chanyeol had arranged a far away trip, a foreign country, one which neither of them have been to.

 

______________________________________

 

Thailand, neither of them have ever been there.

 

The hotel they stayed at was “clean”. Clean in Thai standards. But neither of them expected anything fancy from a hotel that only wanted 10 dollars a night for two people.

 

So they're week of vacation went on, They didn't let the tidiness of the hotel bring them down, They're time almost flew by. Adventures days whereas the nights were filled with roars.

 

The week had almost passed as Baekhyun got a call from his company, They needed him back as soon as possible.

 

They're vacation cut short, The boys headed back to Korea.

 

_______________________________________

 

They only got the nights together, The love being dry and poor once again.

 

_______________________________________

 

Luhan and Sehuns relationship falling apart.

 

One night Luhan texted Baekhyun in the middle of the night.

 

Meet me outside, 15 minutes”

 

“Fine”

 

Baekhyun got dressed, Kissing his sleeping husbands forehead before leaving the house.

 

Luhan already sitting in his car, waiting for Baekyun.

 

“That was 20 Minutes”

 

“Whatever, why are you here anyhow”

 

“Sehun and me got into a fight”

 

“Again?”

 

“Of course”

 

The two have had an unstable relationship for months, talks about divorce, Facebook statuses being updated, Everything imaginably.

 

“I'm sorry”

 

“Its not your fault”

 

“I never said it was”

 

The rest of the drive was in silence, Luhan parked the car in front of they're favourite nightclub.

 

Crossing the street Baekhyun felt bad

 

“Maybe this isn't a good idea”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because of last time”

 

“Last time was an accident”

 

______________________________________

 

An accident, Only an accident. Accidents happen, not always, Nothing will happen right?

 

Wrong

 

Unlike last time, this time things didn't go they're way.

 

Baekhyun couldn't grasp the fact what was happening, everything passed so quickly.

 

Silence

 

_______________________________________

 

Chanyeol woke up to 200 missed calls by Sehun. Chayeol took a shower and ate breakfast before deciding to call back. Sehun answering right away.

 

“Chanyeol” His voice being vague, someone could tell he'd been crying

 

“What's wrong? Did you and Luhan break up?”

 

Come to 베스티안병원in Gangnam”

 

“Why the Hospital?”

 

The line went dead.

 

____________________________________

 

Chanyeol rushed out of the building, taking a cab to the address of the hospital. Asking the desk woman where his friends room was. Taking the elevator to the correct floor searching for the room, he was stopped by a sobbing Sehun.

 

____________________________________

 

“What happened?”

 

No reply.

 

“Sehun...”

 

“Luhans dead,” Sehun tried to say in a broken voice “He died”

 

Chanyeol stood there for a few seconds, as if paralyzed.

 

“What about Baekhyun”

 

Again, no reply.

 

“Room 15, Chanyeol” Said a quiet voice behind him, Chanyeol turned, to see a young boy, about 4 years old smiling up at him

 

“He's in room 15, Go visit him! He'd be happy!”

 

_____________________________________

 

Chanyeol left the crying Sehun alone, knocking on the door of room 15, walking in without permission.

“Baek?”

 

“Chanyeol-ah” Said a voice coming from the bed.

 

Chanyeol walked up to the frail petit boy. Taking his cold hand in his.

 

“Your cold”

 

“I know” answered the almost lifeless boy.

 

“I got worried there for a second”

 

“Why?”

 

“I thought Luhan killed you”

 

“Maybe he did”

 

“Dumbo, your alive with me!” Chanyeol said. Wrapping his arms around the boys waist.

 

______________________________________

 

Chanyeol didn't notice any time passing until a nurse walked in asking him to leave the room, he complied. But with that, also Baekhyun left the room. Seeming very suspicious of that, but Chanyeol didn't mind his company, after that scare, he was happy to see him every day, And that's exactly what happened.

 

______________________________________

 

Every time Chanyeol came home, Baekhyun was sitting on the couch waiting for him.

 

“What are you doing home, Baek”

 

“I took off, actually, I was fired”

 

“Fired?”

 

“They told me I wasn't emotionally ready yet.”

 

Chanyeol didn't dwell on it, He took it as a gift, Finally being able to spend all the time in the world with his beloved husband, The bright Reality foreshadowing what really lied beneath that cover.

 

______________________________________

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun both attended Luhans funeral. Family and Friends gathered to wish off they're poor friend.

 

Chanyeol left before everyone else, Baekhyun decided to say his goodbyes to everyone and also leave.

 

The car ride was quiet, a sad aura in the air.

 

“I miss Luhan” said Baekhyun to his Giant

 

“Me too”

 

The rest of the time neither one of them said a word.

 

_____________________________________

 

That Fall was a quiet one.

The birds have left, The leaves had fallen, The wind kept blowing.

“Chanyeol, Are you feeling alright?”

“I'm fine”

He always said that, though he was everything but 'Fine'. 'Fine' was just a word to say instead of 'I'm sad'. Baekhyun didn't push the question on, he just lowered his head and left the room, leaving Chanyeol alone with his feelings.

________________________________


 

Sehun came over that Christmas.


 

“Have you seen Baekhyun today, Sehun?”


 

“No” Said Sehun in a painfilled voice


 

“Jeez that boy, he always goes hiding”


 

“Chanyeol, I can't anymore”


 

“What cant you anymore?”


 

“I cant keep listening to you, who keeps thinking he's still alive, Chanyeol, Baekhyun died with Luhan that night, They both died, We buried Baekhyun after Luhan. Nobody had the strength to tell you, nobody, but I cant keep letting you life your life in a bubble, I'm sorry!”


 

Chanyeol didn't understand what his friend tried to tell him, Chanyeol kicked Sehun out of his little house, searching for his petit brunette, before stepping into their room.


 

No sign of anyone living with him.


 

Chanyeol went through all the cabinets, everything. He spotted a little red filing box, picking up the lid he pulled out the heath insurance letters, Not believing what he read.

________________________________


 

Chanyeol had been living in denial. His bubble being burst by reality, everything making sense now, The boy he'd always see, It was never Baekhyun, It was his imagination. The boys Cold skin, That boys unreadable facial expressions. Everything.


 

________________________________


 

Its been a year, yet Chanyeol still couldn't live the same as before, Chanyeol was stuck in the past, unwilling to see into the future, The dark thoughts always creeping into his mind.

_______________________________


 

Chanyeol would always walk down the street with headphones in, Blasting music on 100%. Trying to forget the reality, being pulled into the music cords.


 

_______________________________


 

Back in they're newly wed period, Baekhyun would always sing, everywhere and to everything. Chanyeol would enjoy the words beautifully running off of Baekhyuns tongue.


 

Late at nights Chanyeol would always play on his guitar and Baekhyun would always make up songs which would match the speed and sound of the song Chanyeol was playing. Everyone who would've heard him singing would´ve fallen in love with his vocals.


 

________________________________

 

Chanyeol would always walk home after work, he sold his car, and the beautiful house he bought for Baekhyun and him. The fact that Baekhyun had departed finally set in.


 

Depression hit Chanyeol like a train wreck that Spring.


 

All of emotions hitting him at once, he barely left his house anymore, he quit his job, lost all his friends, everything, Chanyeol decided it would be best to quit everything, but he decided he didn't want to do that to Baekhyun.


 

Baekhyun the one who couldn't decide about his fate, the one who died in an Accident.

 

_______________________________________


 

Later that spring...


 

“Hyung”


 

“Yes? Whos there?”


 

“Remeber me?”


 

“Who?”


 

“Don't forget”


 

“Forget what?”


 

The line died...

Everything went quiet...

Everything went dark...


 

''Hyung don't you remember me?”

Hyung don't you remember-”

Hyung don't you--”

Hyung don't---”

Hyung----”

 

“Goodbye Hyung, goodbye Baekhyun, My lover”