Mystery Guy

Don't Let It Get To You

It was already the second week of school and I still wasn't really interacting with anyone. I was basically more focused on geting my grades up and thinking of that Kai guy. Why haven't I seen him around? I wonder...

"Excuse me, miss." Someone tapped my shoulder. It was the mystery guy sitting behind me.

"Oh. Yes? May I help you?" I turned to look at him. He had red hair and was smiling like an idiot.

"Oh my. Haha. It seems I'm in luck. God has provided me a pretty lady." He flashed his gummy smile again. I was in shock.

"Eh?? Where? Surely you're not talking about me. Right?" I stuttered.

"Haha. What makes you think that? Why can't I just appreciate a beauty when I see one?" he winked playfully. I blushed.

"A-anyways... What did you need..?" I avoided eye contact and mumbled shyly.

"Oh right! I was gonna ask you if I may borrow a pen or pencil. Mine accidentally broke." He rubbed his nape sheepishly and looked at me with his big brown eyes. Damn. How could I resist?

"Oh yeah. Sure you can." I brought out my pencil and gave it to him. He smiled brightly.

"Wow!! Thanks! What was your name again..?" He tilted his head and looked at me.

"I'm Yonyu."

"Yonyu jjang!!" He put both thumbs up and cheered. I giggled a bit. He seemed really kind.

Our teacher decided to make us take a bunch of notes today so I had to sit in class for a long time. I wanted to go home already but it's not like I could get up and leave. I mean I could but I took the coward way out and asked to use the restroom instead. I slid the door shut and took a walk down the hallway. At least the bathroom would be less stressful than English class. As I reached the restrooms I saw a familiar figure bending over and drinking water from the fountain, except he was wearing our uniform...is that...?

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=63558978

"Kai?" I tapped him on the shoulder. He turned to look at me with his void-like eyes.

"Who are yo-" 

"It's me. The girl that wanted the pink teddy bear at the arcade. You go to school here? I haven't seen you around much."

"Oh. You. I just transfered here. I haven't been here that long."

"Oh right. Haha. Sorry. I know I'm probably bothering you..." I rubbed my nape. He smirked.

"Nah. Not really."

"W-well it was nice to run into you again. I w-wanted to say th-thanks for the bear. I appreciate it."

"No probs." He flashed a peace sign then walked away.

"W-wait!" I called out on impulse.

"Yes?" He turned back and looked at me.

"Uhh... d-don't you want to know my name at least?" I came up with a lame excuse.

"Oh? I already know you're name. Park Yonyu." He said remembering her mentioning it before.

"Uhhh how do you know my name?" I tilted my head slightly then remembered that i told him when we first met.

"Don't worry about it Yonyu. Anyways, see ya around." He walked away again and disappeared down the mysterious hallways. I smiled a bit to myself then hurried into the bathroom.

[After school]

"Yu...?" Oppa waved his hands in front of me. "Hellloooooo?" He called out. I must've been daydreaming about Kai again.

"Oh. What?" I snapped out of it.

"Aigoo. What's gotten into you baby sis?" He looked at me worriedly.

"Oh n-nothing~ Don't worry about it Oppa." I shook it off.

"Okay but still..." He sighed. "Fine I won't worry. Henry and Eric are coming over for dinner. Okay?" Oppa leaned over and kissed the top of my head.

"Arasso Oppa. Is Jin coming too?" 

"Ah.. he is caught up in his studies. I'm afraid he can't hang out today."

"Oh. Okay." I nodded.

I told my brother I was going to go for a walk outside since I honestly didn't want to listen to my brother and our friends nerd out over the newest game they got or the cutest girls in school, I just needed some peace and quiet to myself. Why does Kai keep appearing? Aish.. so much to think about to be honest. What am I feeling? Why can't I shake him from my head? He's so mysterious it makes me curious.

-Tap Tap Tap-

Someone was tapping on my window sill. It wasn't that high up so it wasn't impossible for someone to climb up and knock on my window. I opened up the window and saw Jin Oppa out of breathe. He seemed to have come afterall even though he said he had lots of studying to catch up on. Jin was always a weird character but I always loved him just the way he is. He's like another big brother to me. I appreciate him so much.

"Yah. Don't tell anyone about this okay?" He tried to fix himself up then he looked at me. I giggled.

"Haha. I won't I promise." I sealed my lips and threw away the key. He smiled and hugged me.

"I missed you...erm hanging out with you that is. Hahahaha." He rubbed his nape sheepishly. 

"I missed hanging with you too Oppa." I smiled back. "So why are you here? I thought you had to study..?" 

"I was studying but then I realized that you might need me. You've been acting strange lately. Are you okay?" He felt my forehead and I crossed my eyes to watch him do so.

"Yah! I'm fine. I swear."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. Stop worrying so much."

"I can't help it. You make me worry about you and make me want to protect you pabo." He pressed his index finger up to my forhead.

"Mian, I try not to." I pouted. He chuckled and just hugged me again.

"So. What do you need? Why have you been acting so strange lately?" He tilted his head.

"Well...remember that Kai guy I told you about..?" I asked.

"WHAT DID HE DO TO YOU??" He flipped out. I had to restrain him.

"Yah yah yah! It's not like that! I'm just curious about him. That's all. I don't know much about him but I want to. Plus he goes to our school. Is this what having a crush feels like?" I looked at him with empty eyes. He sighed.

"It might be a crush. A crush is usually when you think about that person 24/7 and you want to be with them and you miss them so much when you both aren't together. Plus them not knowing that you like them makes you go crazy and makes you want to give up.. but that 1% chance that they might like you back keeps you from giving up all hope. You want to believe that everything will work out and that you two will live happily every after together. Plus it kills you inside when they go to you advice about another guy they are interested in.." He avoided eye contact.

"Whoa. Jin, you know so much about this whole "crush" thing. How come?" I looked at him in awe.

"E-experience." He stuttered.

"Whooa. Jin Oppa jjang. You are very wise. Gomawo. I think I do sort of feel an attraction to him.." I blushed a little thinking about it.

"Glad I could help..." He said monotonely.

"You're right. I think I do like him. I should get to know him more!" I smiled brightly then kissed his cheek. "Gomawo!!" I cheered then slipped my sneakers on. I should go on a walk to clear my mind.

"No problem." He sat there in silence.

I waved to him then headed out the door. Whoa. How Jin Oppa described what a crush is like, inspired me so much. I wanna like someone as much as he does. I want to be in love and be loved. Yeah it's probably going to take some time and effort, but I want give it my best shot. Park Yonyu-ah, Aja Aja Fighting!!!

"Right, 'cause I want to give up the girl I love to some random guy. Yonyu-ah, why can't you see that I like you?"

 


 

A/N: Thanks so much for subscribing and reading my story!! Please share it with friends so we can enjoy it together!! What did you think of Jin's secret confession? Wasn't that just the sweetest? Or maybe how Yonyu thinks that she is falling for this random guy named Kai? Comment below your thoughts, I love to hear from my readers~~ Until next time,

XOXOXO Cat