Who is this Kai guy?

Don't Let It Get To You

I was sitting in English class and tried to keep up with Mr. Lee's lecture. It was hard because he kept getting side-tracked and went off topic several times. How am I supposed to prepare for the exams if he is just wasting class time? Ugh. School is such a pain especially when your a Sophomore in High School. It must be easier for my brother since he's already a senior this year. Time sure does fly. What am I gonna do when Oppa leaves next year? How will I manage as a Junior? How will I even manage as a Senior?? Grr. So much to do, so little time. I don't even know what college I want to attend. My parents want my brother to be a Doctor but he's definitely a musician. They want me to be a Nurse or Surgeon but let's face it. I hate the sight of blood.

"Yu?" Oppa ran into me in the hallway.

"Oh. Oppa."

"Was school okay today?" He patted my head and smiled. He was such a kind and giving big brother. I was about to reply until...

"Oh! Channie!~ Yonnie~" Oppa's friend Eric and our cousin Henry showed up. It looked like Jin was trying to catch up with them.

"Hello Eric. Hello Henry." I bowed to them all slightly.

"Yonnie~ You don't need to bow to us Oppas! We are family! Right Eric?"

"Oh yeah." Eric smiled and ruffled my hair

"You guys *pant* are too *pant* fast for me!" Jin complained and tried to catch his breath.

"Hey Jin." I bowed my head slightly. He bowed back and tried to fix himself up.

"Oh! Yonyu-ah! Uhhh aaahhh I-" 

"Smooth." Henry teased.

"Anyways. What are you two doing this evening?" Eric asked.

"Oppa what are we doing?" I looked at Chanyeol.

"Hm. It depends. Do you wish to go home early Yu?" He placed his arm around my shoulder. I thought a bit.

"No. I'm fine Oppa. Waeyo?"

"Hehe. Then let's all go to the arcade!!" Chanyeol squealed with his friends. I chuckled.

"What do ya say kiddo?" Henry smiled at me. Actually everyone was staring me down.

"Haha. Sounds like fun." 

"Hooray!! Let's go!" Chanyeol and his friends cheered.

"Uhmm.. Y-Yonyu.." Jin stuttered.

"Yes Jin?"

"Uhh.. Wanna hook arms?" He asked shyly. I giggled then hooked arms with him. His face turned slightly red but he looked really happy.

Since school was over we all went to the nearest arcade downtown. We usually go there to hang out and play games. I always wanted to win a stuffed animal from one of the claw machines but I was really bad at the game. When we got there, I immediately pulled Jin with me to the claw machine and I pouted. I gave him my cutesy puppy dog face. I really wanted a cute plushie.

"Y-you want one?" His eyes widened a bit and then he covered his mouth in embarassment. I just nodded.

He inserted a dollar bill and started aiming for the cute pink teddy bear that I wanted the most. It was so cute but slightly odd. It wasn't like all the other toys in the machine. It sort of called out to me. Like me and that teddy were meant to be.

$(KGrHqZ,!hwE8V3ERTk5BPFldBm(M!~~60_1.JP

Jin kept trying but he ended up losing. He felt bad and I felt sad as well. I really wanted that bear. Jin suddenly thought of an idea. He ran off to get more money from Oppa. I laughed a bit knowing that Chanyeol will be upset but he can't resist spoiling me. It was a funny image in my head. I watched Jin approach Oppa and I could already see Chanyeol's comedic face now.

"Excuse me. Didn't you say you wanted this bear?" A mysterious guy was holding the bear I wanted. My eyes grew wide a bit. Just who is this guy?

"Omo! That's the bear I wanted! How did you-"

"Here. Take it. It's yours." He held it out to me. I was hesitant to grab it from him.

"Omo.. erm.. thanks." I cradled the bear in my arms.

"No problem." He shoved his hands in his pocket and he was about to walk away just like that.

"Wait!" 

"Hm?" He turned back to look at me.

Kai-3-kai-exo-k-33453640-400-498.png

"Um.. wh-who are you?" 

"I'm Kai. You?"

"Kai..? Hm. I'm Yonyu. Nice to meet you." I held my hand out for him to shake. He just looked at it and then smirked. Then he just kept walking forward.

He walked out the door with a er in his mouth and he didn't look back once. Who does he think he is?? How dare he!! What a typical High School jerk! Then again, he really did seem mysterious and intriguing. How was he able to win the bear so easily? Jin had a really hard time and he was determined to win. That guy seemed as if he barely even tried. Who is this Kai guy? 

"Yonyu-ah~ I got the mon-" He ran to me excited but then noticed I already had the bear in arms. "Oh. You already got it?"

"Yeah. Some random guy just won it and handed it to me."

"Oh really? Where is he? Lemme meet this guy!" I could tell he was already getting fired up. (Upset).

"I don't know. He left. He said his name is Kai."

"Kai, huh? I'll be sure to remember that...now let's go back to the others Yonyu-ah." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and looked around to make sure that guy wasn't anywhere near us.

1391581867388.jpg

He looked so protective yet gentle. I knew Jin ever since we were little. He was always trying to look tough on the outside but he was such a gentle character. He's always been the only guy in his family with 3 older sisters. He of course was gentle and sweet but also very protective. He was one of my best friends. He always had my back and I was always there for him. He always somehow managed to make me smile or laugh. 

"Yu! Did you get that bear you wanted?" Oppa came up to me and asked while smiling. I nodded still confused.

"Neh. Erm..." I looked at Jin for help. I wasn't sure if I should tell my brother or not...Jin gave me a glance that said no. "J-Jin-"

"I got it for her." Jin smiled then ruffled my hair.

"Oh really? Awww how cute!" Henry chuckled.

"Aigoo. You think anyone with our precious Yonyu is a good ship, Henry-ah." Eric said teasingly. We all laughed in agreeance.

"Yah! She's just so precious.. who wouldn't want to ship her with another guy??" Henry pouted. I just patted him on the back. 

"No one shall ship my baby sister with anyone!!" Chanyeol glared at the others.

"I swear. For all we know you could be the one with a sister complex." Eric stated.

"What?? Eww! No! She's just important to me. AS MY SISTER. She's practically the only family I've got..." Chanyeol sighed.

"Oppa. They were just messing around..." I said trying not to bother him.

"It's whatever. They'll never understand anyways... " Chanyeol scoffed and pushed past everyone. I went to comfort him.

"Oppa. Cheer up. It's alright."

"Haha. I know...just...our parents...I'm sorry." He pulled me to sit on his lap and he hugged me tight. "I don't ever want to lose you. Just know that okay?" He pecked my forhead and then ruffled my hair. 

"I love you Oppa. You've always been there for me. Thanks." I pecked his cheek and smiled back.

"Aww! How cute! My baby sister is the cutest on this planet!!" He squealed.

"Aigoo."

After playing in the arcade for awhile with our friends, Oppa and I decided it was time to head home. They wanted to come over to hang out but Oppa insisted we go alone because we need to eat and then go to bed since we have school tomorrow. I wanted to stay out and play a little longer but I always listen to what my brother says since he's the one who practically raised me. 

"Bye Yonnie! Bye Channie!" Henry and Eric waved to us. We waved back as we departed ways.

"Bye Yonyu-ah. Please text or call if you ever need something. Okay?" Jin smiled and then knelt down to peck my backhand. Aww so sweet.

"GOODBYE Jin." Oppa pulled me into his embrace quickly and gave Jin the death glare. Jin immediately retreated and ran off to the others. Yep. That's my brother all right.


A/N: Sorry for this awkward cliff hanger. But what do you think of the first chappie so far? Feel free to leave a comment and I will try my best to reply to each and every one of them. Stay tuned to find out more about this mysterious cast! XD Happy reading!! <3