Personal stories

The Boy With The Big Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Deep in thought, your random "aish"es were so out of there when you forcefully opened your locker. Gladly, nobody was around to witness it as everyone had gathered to the auditorium. It could have been peculiar, almost an amusing thing for anyone to watch. 

You found a scrunchie inside and hastily tied up your hair that had a wavy look which was styled by Mari. You found your favorite black NY cap and donned it quickly above your head. You stood there by your locker staring into space, mindlessly putting books inside your bag to read over the weekend and losing yourself in a sea of embarassing thoughts.

He must have thought I was so stupid. I can’t believe I hit him on the face...I don’t ever wanted to see him... that was just so embarassing. He probably knew why I was running away... but it's not like he cares?... What if she tells Mari... Ugh!!! Why did I even sign up for this. And Kyungsoo's photos on my phone!!! I almost gotten myself a heart attack! What if he actually sees that...but no...that was close!...You are so stupid Teresa...Oh my God I --

You snapped out of our chaotic thoughts when you heard a deep voice behind you. 

"Hi."

"OMO!" You jumped away, startled.

"Are you okay?" Kyungsoo asked in a concerned tone.

You looked at him with panicked eyes, surprised by his sudden appearance. 

"Oh. It's you." 

He stood there just looking at you and you looked back stupidly.
 
"Er.. you forgot something? Why are you here? Perhaps.. you were looking for me?"

"Umm...not really." He answered with a straight face.  

"Oh sorry." You with your random aishes and pulling your hair mentally in frustration again.

"Actually I was looking for Mari..."

You felt saddened and scolded yourself for thinking that he would be interested in you.

Oh yeah Mari of course...she's so pretty and smart and nice... you two look good together or you could even become an item too.

"I heard you were working with her so I followed you here, hoping you could tell me where she is."

"Er...she went out." You lied keeping a straight face.

"I see... well, what about you? You look like you're prepared for something." He noticed your make-up and hairstyle as he traced your features.

"Not to be rude. But how about we go back to the part where we mind each other's businesses? I didn't ask you why you wanted to see Mari right? Is she is your girlfriend?"

Kyungsoo smirked, crossing his arms over his chest. "What if she was? Didn't you just tell me to mind my own business."

You suddenly felt dissapointed by his remark but had no idea why. You brushed it off and stood there a little awkwardly. 

"I don't know why you are still here? I already told you Mari went out so why won't you leave?" Somehow the way he stood there annoyed you now.

His eyes were still fixated on you, making you even more anxious as if he was waiting for something from you. No matter how much he stared at you, you couldn't look him in the eyes and you hid your face behind your locker. 

"Please just leave... and when you see Mari, can you tell her I... that I..."

"...that you feel guilty."

You gasped and tried looking away when he closed your locker door so you wouldn't avoid his gaze.

"Kyungsoo I... I'm..."

He closed his eyes and took a deep breathe in. He stared into your eyes seriously again. 

"So I was right..." He groaned. "I honestly think you were running away Hana. When I saw you back there when everyone else was gone."

"That's not really your concern right? Just leave me alone!" You barked at him but Kyungsoo put his hands on your shoulders and found your eyes. “Tell me what is wrong. Maybe I can help you?”

This was not pleasing to him but you hesitated for a moment before realizing that you cannot hide anything from him anymore.

"I... well... I'm scared... just don’t feel like... I mean.... I can't compare to all those students up there. I'm just not --"

"Don't say it."

"I'm not... I'm not good enough." you said as you wrapped your arms around your stomach to hide yourself.

When you couldn't look him in the eyes, no matter how much he stared at you, he lifted your chin with his finger. "Hey... look at me." You did so. "Look... you're not the only one having insecurities or stage frights. I do too. That’s the truth.”

You looked at him utterly baffled he must have noticed it.

"Do you mind hearing me out for a bit?" He said while looking down.

You nodded and despite your confusion right now, he began tell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter