001

The Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

One after one student of Seoul High School were walking through the old wide school gate and heading towards their own lockers, some were talking with their friends and some were cleaning their lockers while some just doing nothing scrolling their smartphones rather than socializing. Even though the weather were nice and warm, not so cold like the usual but the mood were not same like the student’s mood. All of them felt the anxiety build in them even it didn’t show outside but inside, it feels like they were dying. At the thoughts of the final exam for the senior year, making them felt sick and nausea hit them hard. Not only the students, but the teachers also felt nervous along with their students. Because if their students failed such an exam and graduated with not-so-great grade, they will be question by the head chairman and they doesn’t want that to be happen.

The bell rang, signalled the first class will started in few minutes.

The students quietly sighed and shut the lockers softly before heading towards their own classes.

At the same time, a girl with a long and black hair was half running and arrived at her locker panting hard. She quickly opened her locker and took out her textbooks for the first period and once she looked at her watch on her thin wrist, she cursed and quickly slammed the locker without bother to lock it and dashed towards her class, hoping for her homeroom teacher will be running late like her too. But oh how wrong she is, Mr Park already standing in front of the class, ready to call out the names for the attendance.

‘’Late as always, aren’t you Seulgi haksaeng?’’ Mr Park said with a sweet smile that makes Seulgi’s knees buckle because of the sweetness overload dripping in Mr Park’s voice. The girl, Seulgi just grinned sheepishly and bowed before go to her own seat once Mr Park asked her to. From the corner of her eyes, she saw her classmates were snickering at her. She just made a face and dropped her bag on the table and sat down with a huff.

‘’Overnight again?’’ her friend, Taeyeon asked and wriggling her brows trying to annoy Seulgi more. Seulgi just rolled her eyes and took out her textbook. ‘’No , Sherlock.’’

Taeyeon then sighed and flipped open the textbook once Mr Park done with the attendance. ‘’Seriously, Seulgi. You should get rid that habits of yours. It’s not good for your health and also not good for your school record if you always coming late to school. Besides we will be having a final exam two weeks from now.’’

Seulgi shrugged and focused on Mr Park. She has a reason and she won’t let her friend know about it, until she graduate from high school.  If she does overnight, at least she has an extra time to review all the subjects for the final exam. In the other eyes, she only overnight doing nothing, such like clubbing or online which is not. Like seriously, she’s underage. She couldn’t care less about it as long as she was not in others way.

Taeyeon, who already been her friend over 10 years still doesn’t know what the reason behind her friend’s overnight. As much as she wanted to know, she will never force Seulgi to tell her. She will wait until Seulgi’s ready to tell her. For now, all she can do was advised her about how bad overnight can be. She glanced at Seulgi by her side and noticed the faint dark circles under her eyes. She sighed and resumed to take the notes.

The bell rang after fourth period and students already walked out from the class once the bell was heard and headed straight to the canteen. Well expect for Seulgi, who decided to eat the chocolate bread she brought from home and headed to the library. After she bid a goodbye to Taeyeon, she jogged to the library with bread on while scrolling the phone on her hands.

But Seulgi was unaware at the person coming in front of her and collided against the person’s chest, face-first and fell on her . ‘’Ack!’’ and her bread fell on her lap but unlucky for her phone which dropped on the floor with a sickening crack sounds. She rubbed her fore head with a frown and looked up but her face fell when she meet eyes with someone she hate, well as least what people thought.

The person who was collided with her, rubbed his chest due because Seulgi’s forehead  with also a frown etched on his face. ‘’Yah, are you blind?’’ he hissed.

Seulgi rolled her eyes and got on her feet before took her phone and her bread. ‘’I could ask you the same.’’

He smirked and shoved his hands inside his pants and nodded. ‘’Well, I do have eyes but too bad you’re too ugly for me to notice.’’ he grinned.

Seulgi made a face and flipped him a finger before walking past him. The longer she was with him, she can’t guarantee herself if he will be back home with his so-called-perfect-face again.

‘’Anyway, Seulgi’’ he called. Seulgi cursed him inside her head and turned around to him and gulped inwardly at how godly attracting he was, standing like a model at the big hallway but she quickly get rid of the thoughts and scowled at him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter