my

Game Changer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once the final bell rang, Yejin had all of her things collected and was one of the first few out the door. She was told to meet in the gym at 3:30 for practice and right now it was only 2:30. She had no phone, no friends and no plans to do homework. They only thing on her mind was basketball so that what she was going to do. She made it down the empty room and felt a wave of relief wash over her. She skipped over the supply closet and grabed a ball before she even took off her bag. The level of anger had simmered just the slightest to where she no longer saw red and instead was excited to improve her skills. She spent her energy provoked by adrenaline on dribbling the ball and tossing it into the hoop over and over again.

 

Once a few of the guys from earlier that day walked in she felt a bit shy and stopped her game of one. They went over to the bleachers and threw some of their stuff down before giving her a knowing look and heading off to the locker room. She went over to where they had been and walked up a few rows to sit. Having no concept of time, the minutes ticked by like hours and one by one or two by two the team trickled in. Once she saw Jaebum and Yugyeom come in with Jackson and the rest of their group, she knew she’d have her work cut out for her. Yejin avoided eye contact with the aforementioned boys and sat quietly in her own bubble as people talked all around her.

 

Soon enough, the coach walked in and looked around the gym, spotting Yejin he waved at her and she felt a bit nauseous but pushed the feeling aside and gave a tense smile. He motioned for her to come over to him, which she did.

 

“So I see you want to fill in while your boyfriend is injured, huh?” he said with a bit of smile. Yejin let out a strained laugh and shook her head.

 

“I just want to improve my game. It was those other guys who said I should join the team. But I do really want to learn though,” she said, not feeling confident with her statement. The man just looked at her and nodded.

 

“So, what experience do you have?” he asked. Yejin thought about telling a lie but knew her bluff would soon be discovered, so she settled for the truth.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter