the

Game Changer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            “You just do it like this,” Yejin said as she took the pose that felt comfortable from Jackson molding her into it so many times that particular night nearly two weeks ago. The girl took the shot and the ball went in on the first try. Youngjae’s jaw dropped as she jogged after the ball with a grin on her face. The pair shivered on the street outside of Youngjae’s house, their minds having been set on playing basketball so much that they forgot the chill awaiting them once they got off the bus.

 

            “Okay, let me try,” Youngjae said as Yejin walked towards him with the ball. The boy dribbled it a few times while heading towards the center in front of the goal. He looked up at the backboard and back down at the ball before holding it in his hand and taking the shot. The orange thing soared past the goal and rolled into the grass of his front lawn. He dropped his head in shame and Yejin laughed. “It’s really cold, let’s go inside,” Youngjae said as he made a show of rubbing his upper arms in attempt to create body heat.

 

            “Yeah, I need to defrost,” Yejin said as she walked towards the sidewalk to pick up the backpack she had dropped before her single basketball shot. The boy grabbed his own bag and lead the way to the front door to unlock it. He entered the empty house and the girl followed. Youngjae turned into the hall and walked past a few doors before turning into a room and hitting the light switch. The space went from dim to bright and reminded Yejin of a cleaner version of Jackson’s room. Youngjae tossed his bag on the floor and plopped down on the bed. With all of the chairs in sight holding piles of dirty clothes, Yejin sat down next to him.

 

            “Do you want to watch a movie?” Youngjae asked with a tilt of his head.

 

            “Sure,” Yejin said. With this the boy got up and opened up the small wood cabinet below the wall mounted flat screen. The girl looked around the room as she sat with her backpack still on. Just as Youngjae had a dvd in each hand, ready to ask what she wanted to watch, her phone buzzed. The girl dug it out of her blazer pocket and saw the text from Jackson on the lock screen. Yejin felt relieved from some reason and focused on the boy’s messa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter