another

Game Changer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

           The day passed and when the final bell rang, Yejin had to suppress the urge to get up and leave with everyone else. Jackson asked her to come with him to practice where she could pass time by watching the team until the game started that night. With no curfew that she knew of and half of her new friends being on the team, she had no reason to refuse. The girl sat in her seat and watched Jackson and Jaebum joke around as they walked over to her.

 

            “Are you ready to witness J-Flawless in action?” Jackson said with a goofy grin. Jaebum laughed while Yejin shook her head. The girl stood up and slung on her bag and followed the boys into the hall. They were talking about guys on the team and basketball terms that flew right over the girl’s head the entire time it took to get to the gymnasium. The three walked into the room and towards the bleachers as the boys laid their bags in the small pile started by the other members who were already changing in the locker room. Yejin climbed up a few steps and took a seat on the sixth row, taking off her bag and thinking of how to pass the time.

 

            “Hey,” Jackson called out from his spot on the concrete floor. Yejin looked up from the notebook she was taking out of her backpack and cocked an eyebrow. The boy simply winked at her and failed at smirking before turning around and jogging away, causing Yejin to roll her eyes yet have the urge to laugh. The practice started at 3:30 and ended at 7. This is when all of the boys had to go back to the locker room and mentally prepare for the game. Jackson managed to yell at Yejin to not leave before the coach herded him to follow the rest of the team. At 7:30 the first few audience members trickled in, soon filling up most of the sea of bleachers. A few minutes before the game Mark, BamBam, Jinyoung and Youngjae spotted Yejin and squeezed themselves into seats near her. The five of them talked and joked around until the game began.

 

            Everything seemed fine for the first half. Jackson was showing off just like he had during practice earlier that day. Yugyeom was flexing his defense skills and Jaebum made every penalty shot their team was given. But once the boys came back from half-time, the team seemed off. The three friends were doing their same moves, but the other members seemed less willing to cooperate, targeting Jackson in particular. It was as if Wang became invisible and was seen as unimportant by everyone outside of Yugyeom, Jaebum and the opposing team. The other school took advantage of the disfunctional home tea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter