Final

Must be my lucky day!
Please log in to read the full chapter

*alarm clock ringing*

 

I reached for the stupid alarm clock that reads 5:00 A.M. and stopped it from making an annoying sound. Sigh. I have to get ready for school now.

 

Today’s Tuesday and this only means that I have to wake up early in the morning for a 7 a.m. class. This isn't even a major subject and here I am, trying to get up from the comforts of my bed to get myself ready. After a 15-minute shower, I was busy thinking of what to wear today. I only have one class every Tuesday, so my outfit for the day isn’t really a big deal. "Should I wear something comfortable? Or should I wear something cute? Hmmmm… Ugh!!! It being a girl" I thought to myself. After a very long battle with my inner self, I decided to wear something comfortable: a loose shirt with a pretty print, shorts, and a newly cleaned pair of sneakers. Looking at the clock, I realized that I only have an hour left before my class starts and I should really leave the apartment now if I don’t want to be late and marked absent. I went to the University without bothering to brush my hair (decided to do it while walking to the bus stop) and without grabbing something for breakfast. ”Great!!! I just missed my bus! Great!” I screamed as I was slowly losing my time.

"Thank God I arrived before the Professor started her class!" I told my seatmate, panting. She just smiled meekly at me and continued to do her personal stuff while I did the same.

“Please get a sheet of paper. We’re going to have a surprise quiz today. Number your papers from 1 to 50!” The Professor said once she entered the classroom. Crap! This is so baaaad. I didn’t study. I wasn’t listening to her last week. This is such an unlucky morning. I hope this is the last time today. After that terrifying quiz, the Professor continued her discussion about the Chinese culture while I busied myself by taking down notes and casually checking my phone.

After class, I was walking down the hallway when I saw the University's most famous varsity player, talking with his teammates. He was the basketball team’s captain and everyone loved and appreciated him because of the honor and pride that he has given the University by winning championships here in the country and even in the inter-University competitions in Asia. Most of the female population in the University, are swooned over his charms and they are hopeful to get his attention, since it is known that he is not attached to anyone, as of the moment. Word has it that he had never been to any relationship and that makes him more lovable. He was my classmate and seatmate in 6 different subjects during the previous semesters and we managed to get along very well that we exchanged numbers and eventually became friends. We still communicate with each other even if we don’t have go to the same classes this semester.

“Hey Dana! How’s class?” Kris asked. Panic was evident in my eyes as I tried to think of a response. I was also trying my very best to cover up my reddened face after he suddenly approached me. Oh my God!!! Of all the days that I bumped into Kris, why did I decided not to doll myself up??? What if he doesn’t find me attractive? Is my hair alright? Doesn’t it look like a bird’s nest? Is my face fine? Do I look pale? Ugly? Ugh. I’m

Please log in to read the full chapter