Kyuhyun

Welcome to Super Junior

Being an idol wasn't really a part of Kyuhyun's dreams. Yes, he loves singing and thus wanted to become a singer. But being a singer is far more different from being an idol. He admits his dancing skills are really poor, and he cares too much for his reputation as a son of an educator, so he would definitely not make an idiot out of himself in those stupid variety shows. And those are the reasons why he refused SM Entertainment's offer, when the said company had scouted him after winning in a singing contest.

But just a few weeks after he turned down the offer, on a lazy Saturday afternoon, Kyuhyun found himself changing his mind on the matter. 

He was playing Starcraft on his laptop in their living room at that time, while his Ahra noona was at her fangirl mode, watching a music show on tv. 

"Oh my gosh! Super Junior would be performing now!", Ahra happily exclaimed, her loud voice starting to annoy Kyuhyun.

"Noona please, can you lower your voice down, our neighbors might hear you and think our house was already on fire or something", Kyuhyun commented with a very slight glare to his sister.

"Shut up, Kyu, you're really no fun. Just watch Super Junior's performance and let's see if you wouldn't scream too because of their hotness-ouch!", a pillow landed on Ahra's face, courtesy of course of her little evil brother.

It was not really a secret to the Cho family that Kyuhyun is gay. In fact, they all supported him when he finally came out from the closet, at the same time confessing that he was already in a relationship with a classmate of his. But the couple have eventually broken up after realizing that they were really better off as just friends.

"Whatever noona", Kyuhyun was about to return to his game, when he caught the sight of a very handsome member of the said group, singing and dancing so passionately on stage.

"W-who was that, noona?", his eyes were glued on the tv screen, still mesmerized by that hot boy group member.

"Who? That one dancing at the center? That's Lee Sungmin. Why do you ask? Is he your crush already?-ouch!", this time around, Ahra received a smack on her head.

To hide the blush that was starting to creep on his face, Kyuhyun hastily faced his laptop again, but not to continue his game. He typed in 'Lee Sungmin' on google and was shocked when he found out that the group where that boy belonged, was under SM Entertainment. The company that showed an interest in him, in becoming an idol.

And since he was overly confident that the company was desperate to have him as their talent, he called them again, just to voice out that he would only accept the offer, if SM would let him join Super Junior.

***

The training was really exhausting Kyuhyun, not just physically, but mentally, and emotionally as well. He had to learn new singing techniques, practice various complicated dance steps, and not to mention those hurtful shouts and harsh comments that he were receiving from the instructors and co-trainees, whenever he made mistakes. 

But all of those sufferrings were left forgotten, when he sees his Sungmin hyung, in the older's dance rehearsals with his group. Kyuhyun had even bribed one of his dance coaches, who was apparently also in charge of Super Junior's choreography, just to tell him the group's rehearsal schedule. And after his successful bribery, he became the official stalker of Lee Sungmin, in his dance practices.

Seeing his beloved hyung, putting his heart out in those performances and rehearsals, served as a motivation and inspiration to him. Sungmin also never fails to make him laugh, in those variety shows he watch at night, which Kyuhyun now thinks, are somehow entertaining (but still stupid though). 

In his growing affection towards the idol, he thought he'd gone crazy, seeing Sungmin, peeping at the door, during his rehearsals. Or maybe it was really just his imagination doing funny things to his eyesight, because all his mind could think about was Sungmin.

In just a small amount of time, Kyuhyun had realized he was already in love with the idol. It might sound crazy, but hey, it was really a crazy thing to join a group, just because he's crushing over a certain member, right?

***

After some tiring months of training, Kyuhyun was finally allowed by the company to debut. He was currently behind the door of the Super Junior dorm, fidgeting nervously while the manager was ringing the doorbell.

The door clicked open, and he slowly entered, with his head still hanging low, because of nervousness. Kyuhyun doesn't know anymore if he was nervous of the fact that he would now be living with his new groupmates in the dorm, or because he would now officially meet Sungmin, the reason of his existence in the group.

"Listen up boys, here's Cho Kyuhyun, 19 years old, and from now on, he will be a part of your group", he heard their manager said. Kyuhyun reluctantly stepped out behind their manager and bowed in front of everyone, "I'm Cho Kyuhyun, the newest member of Super Junior. Please take care of me."

He met the curious and intense gazes of the members, which made him bow his head again and bite his lip. And he thought if his sudden decision of entering this idol world, just to get close with his crush, was all worth it.

"I'm Sungmin. Welcome to Super Junior, Kyuhyun-ah", he abruptly moved his head up when he heard the greeting, only to look like a fool with his eyes bulging out of its sockets and his mouth hanging low, due to shock. 

It was him.

The idol who became his 'crush turned love', was currently flashing his killer smile and extending his hand out to him. He still can't believe that after all those hardships he had been through, he had finally received his prize of personally meeting Sungmin. When he came back to his senses, he gave his best smile and reached out to Sungmin's hand for a handshake, "Thank you, Sungmin hyung. Please take care of me (forever)."