Sungmin

Welcome to Super Junior

The sound of whispers from the members can be heard in the Super Junior dorm. They are all currently gathered in the living room, waiting for the new addition to their group.

"Do you think he's good enough to be in our group?", Donghae asked, scratching his head in curiosity. 

"Maybe he is, why would the company decide to include him in our group even if he only trained for a few months, if he's not that good right?", Eunhyuk voiced out his thoughts.

"But don't you think it's unfair? All of us have trained for years just to debut, then here he is, joining our group, after training for like 3 months?!?", Kangin huffed in annoyance.

"Maybe it's better if we wouldn't judge him, let's just wait and see if he's really worth it once he already joined our group", Ryeowook defended the new member.

Sungmin, who just stays silent whenever they're having a discussion, was internally excited when he heard the news of the arrival of their newest member. Unlike the other members, who were apparently not in favor of the said addition, he was not bothered at all if the new member was lacked in training. For him, the span of training is not important. What matters most is the talent the new member would be imparting to their group. If the company have let him to debut already with Super Junior, then the member must be really that talented and full of idol potential.

The doorbell rang, distracting everyone's train of thoughts, and Leeteuk went to open the door.

Their manager had come in, with the new member trailing behind him.

"Listen up boys, here's Cho Kyuhyun, 19 years old, and from now on, he will be a part of your group", their manager introduced the new member to them.

The new member reluctantly stepped out behind their manager and bowed in front of everyone, "I'm Cho Kyuhyun, the newest member of Super Junior. Please take care of me."

Sungmin was already gaping from the moment he saw the new member of their group.

It was him.

He was that one special trainee Sungmin had been crushing on for almost 3 months now. 

***

Sungmin had first laid his eyes upon the boy when he accidentally witnessed the trainee's audition to their company. They have just finished their rehearsals at that time and he happened to pass by the room where the audition was held. He didn't have any intention to stop on his tracks, to peep like a creep on the door, and to ogle at the cute and innocent trainee with the most beautiful voice Sungmin had ever heard. But he did. And he didn't regret it in any bit.

After that one fateful incident, Sungmin didn't waste his time and immediately made efforts to get to know the identity of his 'new crush'. He had even sneaked into the storage room where the CDs of the video recordings of the auditions were kept and he hurriedly made himself a copy of the trainee's audition video. And he was seriously looking like a fool fanboying everytime he watches the trainee's performance in his laptop before he goes to sleep, or in his phone during their rehearsal's breaks. He had also figured out the trainee's rehearsals schedule, so he always find ways on how to secretly watch his training. During those times, he can't help himself but to fall even deeper for the boy, seeing the trainee's determination and passion in his craft. He started to realize that he adores every little things about the trainee, like how cute he is when he unconsciously pouts whenever he can't get the steps of the dance, or how beautiful he looks like while singing his heart out to a soulful ballad. 

In just a small amount of time, Sungmin had realized he was already in love with the trainee. It might sound crazy, but he doesn't want to be in denial when it's already so ing obvious that he was indeed lovestruck with the boy.

He was already planning on making a first move by introducing himself one day, when he went to the trainee's scheduled rehearsal, only to find out that the boy was no longer attending the training. Apparently, his co-trainees and the instructors have no idea if the boy had quit or not, so Sungmin was sulking the whole day-scratch that-everyday since then.

***

And now he still can't believe that his 'little crush turned love' that he was desperately trying to move on from, was here standing right in front of him, introducing himself as the newest member of Super Junior. Sungmin had thought he would never get the chance on the trainee, but maybe destiny has its own ways to let their paths cross once again. And he swore to himself that he would be the biggest idiot if he would let this chance of making the trainee fall in love with him slip away.

So with a dazzling smile on his lips, he made his way to the trainee, and now fellow member, who had effortlessly stolen his heart. "I'm Sungmin. Welcome to (my life) Super Junior, Kyuhyun-ah."