Mystery Show?

Lets go to bed

When I came out of the shower, I heard RyeoWook yelling "Breakfast is ready!". I dried myself and went to the room. SungMin-hyung was sitting in front of his laptop typing away. "What are you doing, hyung?" I said. He turned to me and smirked "Who is seducing who, now?" I looked down and realised that I only had my towel on. I cleared my throat and put on my clothes.

We went to the living room. Everyone was already sitting on the floor ready to eat. "Aish, palli, you two. I'm hungry!" HeeChul said at us. We hurried over and sat next to each other. SungMin-hyung on my left and ShinDong-hyung on my right. "SiWon, can you say Grace?" LeeTeuk-hyung asked. We bowed our heads as he prayed.

HeeChul-hyung and HanKyung-hyung doesn't believe in our God but they respect us in a sense that they let us pray for meals and before concerts. I love them for that. The amount of respect they give to us even though HeeChul-hyung can be very sharp-tongued sometimes amazes me.

"Lets eat!" ShinDong-hyung shouted and everyone dug into the food. "Teukie-hyung, which studio are we going to?" DongHae-hyung asked with a mouthful of rice. "Apparently, SM studio. We've got a meeting with a few of the producers from KBS for a show or something. And we're supposed to work in pairs." KangIn-hyung answered on LeeTeuk-hyung's behalf who was chewing away on a piece chicken.

"Huh? You're not sure what show that is?" EunHyuk-hyung asked this time. "Nope. The management wouldn't say anything more to me." LeeTeuk-hyung replied. "That's weird. They usually give us full details on what we're gonna do." YeSung-hyung said. Everyone nodded in agreement. We continued eating and tried to change topics.

"HanKyung-hyung, when are you going back to China?" SiWon-hyung asked. "As soon as we're done with the mystery show." HanKyung-hyung replied. "Bring me with you~" HeeChul-hyung whined. HanKyung-hyung gave a small laugh and said "Arrasso." HeeChul-hyung kissed his cheeks and continued eating.

"Hyukkie-ah, tell the others about the choreography you've come up with for Mr. Simple!" DongHae-hyung suddenly exclaimed. EunHyuk-hyung's face turned a bit pink at the sudden attention given to him. "W-well, its uh...simple! Ha ha. Erm, I came up with the dance for the chorus while I was washing my hands. Funny huh? Ha ha." EunHyuk-hyung sheepishly said.

"Show it to us." RyeWook-hyung requested excitedly. "Oh...well, it goes like this." He bit his lip and looked around to see if everyone was looking, then he shook his hand near his face as if to shake water off the hand. "Oh!" Some of the hyungs exclaimed in excitement and tried to mimic EunHyuk-hyung's movement.

"I've came up with the whole chorus but the verse and bridge is still in progress." EunHyuk-hyung said and looked down as if ashamed that he couldn't finish it early. "Yah, Lee HyukJae, why are you like this? You've worked hard! Don't stress yourself out too much. We're proud of you!" LeeTeuk-hyung said and we all nodded our heads in agreement.* [I know in Mr.Simple there were many absent members and all but I'm just going with it cuz in my heart it is always 15 members]

"Y-yes" EunHyuk-hyung nodded in a shy manner. Once everyone finished eating, we decided that the dishes could wait until later because we had only 30 minutes left to get to SM Studio. Even though the studio's location was just opposite our building, we try our best to never be late and to be at least 10 minutes earlier for any and every meeting. It was one of the main principle of LeeTeuk-hyung. Tardiness would come with a great punishment.

We set out 10 minutes later together. SungMin-hyung and I were walking behind the rest of them. We walked right next to each other. Sometimes, our shoulders would brush. Sometimes, our hands would brush. Each time we came into contact, my heart skipped a beat. I stole glances at him and he kept wearing that bright smile on his face.

I looked down at my feet the rest of the journey as I was too afraid of doing something ridiculous in front of him. When we reached the studio, we were 10 minutes earlier than the supposed time, but the producers and our manager were already sitting inside talking about something. LeeTeuk-hyung was, of course the first to say hello and wish everyone good morning with his enthusiastic handshakes. We followed suit but skipped the over-enthusiasm.

The producers and our manager made an announcement and I had never heard anything more clear than that.

"You guys will be paired up and the pair must work together in our next show." Producer Na said. He scanned our faces to check if our attention were still there then he continued "The pairs are LeeTeuk and KangIn, HeeChul and HanKyung, YeSung and RyeoWook, SungMin and KyuHyun, EunHyuk and DongHae, ZhouMi and Henry, SiWon and KiBum, and ShinDong will be the host with our mystery guests that will appear in every episode."

"This pairing was chosen randomly from a box. We did not, in any ways set this up. It was purely out of luck that you are with who you are." Our manager said.

Producer Choi continued "Each of you will be given mystery missions at the start of each episode and the pair must work together to finish it. If the pair is unable to finish the mission, they will receive mystery punishments. These missions are put into a mystery box where the pair must put their hands in to receive it. So are the punishments."

"These missions and punishments are sent in to SM and KBS from your own fans." Producer Kim stated. "And maybe enemies too." He added as an afterthought. I shudder at the image of terrible punishments. Being the maknae (well, if you don't count Henry) I'm pretty much the target of all bully activities done by my hyungs. "Of course, these had to be approved by both KBS and SM, so you don't have to worry too much."

"I think by now, you guys would have guessed that this show is a mystery game show" Producer Na took back the lead in explaining. We nodded as he looked over at each of us. I looked over at my hyungs. They wore faces of confusion and concern. I guess they were just as nervous as I am. "We will start the show tomorrow at 9.00AM. Please meet back up here at said time."

"Thank you for coming here today." Producer Kim said with a slight bow. We bowed back at him. Our manager then told us that we have no other schedules for today so we can go back and rest at the dorm. We went back with an unsettled feeling in our stomach.

'How will this show come to be? It's too mysterious to the point that it is scary.' I had thought.

Our moods changed however when LeeTeuk-hyung told us to cheer up and that this could be a good thing for us. We then decided to play a game so that the loser would have to clean up the dishes from breakfast.

It was the ultimate game of...ROCK PAPER SCISSORS. Unfortunately for KiBum-hyung, he was the one who had to do the dishes. SiWon-hyung of course went to help out.

SungMin-hyung and I went back to our room and laid down on our own beds. "Kyu-ah, I'm actually excited about this show. We get to be with each other more!" SungMin-hyung stared into my eyes. 'Yeah, this would be a great opportunity to be with each other more. To be closer together.'

"Kyu-ah, no matter what happens, lets never give up on each other." I nodded at him with a sure smile. "Pinky-promise?" He put his pinky in front of me. I took his with mine and without letting our pinkies go, our thumbs touched to seal the promise.

He beamed at me and said "Saranghae, Kyu-ah."

I smiled back "Saranghae, hyung."