H is for Holiday Baking

Alphabet Soup: GOT7 Style

A sequel to F is for Fortune Cookies, and a bit inspired by GOT7 “Confession Song” Free Dance Live Video where Jackson tosses Youngjae onto the bed.  What can I say?  GOT7 and beds may be my new OTP.

__________

“Good morning, sleepyheads, rise and shine.  Time to wake up.”

Jinyoung first went to Jackson and Mark’s room and he’s not surprised that he no longer needs to make a trip to Jaebum and Youngjae’s shared bedroom.  More often than not these days, Youngjae can be found sleeping in Jackson’s bed and this morning is no exception.  Jinyoung is surprised, however, when the younger man opens his eyes first. 

“Hyung, what?”  Youngjae looks at the nearby clock.  “It’s not even six a.m., and today’s our day off.”  He makes a sleepy pouting face.  

Jackson stirs and wraps his arms around Youngjae to pull him closer against him, pressing a soft kiss to the back of Youngjae’s neck.  “Baby, let’s stay in bed a little longer and cuddle…”  Jackson’s voice is thick and heavy with sleep. 

“Hyung,” Youngjae murmurs, laying a hand on Jackson’s arm that’s wrapped around his waist.  “Wake up, please.  We have an audience.”  He’s thankful that Jinyoung only a small light (presumably because Jinyoung hadn’t wanted to wake Mark) since he knows his face is probably turning red. 

“Audie— what?”  Jackson opens his eyes and Jinyoung waves.

“As entertaining as you two are, we’re behind schedule.”

“What schedule?” Jackson asks.  “Isn’t today Tuesday?”  He’s exhausted and tired and days do run together but surely he didn’t skip an entire day, right?  He’s been looking forward to their collective day off, because he planned to spend quality time with his boyfriend, preferably some of it without the other members around.  

Once he realizes Jinyoung isn’t leaving anytime soon, Youngjae sits up in bed and Jackson moves closer so he can keep an arm lightly draped around his boyfriend’s waist.

“We’re baking today.

“We are?  Why so early though?”  Youngjae frowns because he really wants to sleep (and cuddle with Jackson) more.  “Jinyoung hyung, what about we bake later?”

“Youngjae, you’re the one who kept waking me up at ungodly hours when you were busy flirting with Jackson months ago.”

“I wasn’t flirting,” Youngjae protests weakly.  “I just, you know, I just wanted to make Jackson hyung smile.”

“And you did a great job of that, baby.  Everything about you makes me smile—”

“Ohmygod, seriously you two.”  Mark’s sleep-deprived voice can be heard coming from the top bunk, although he doesn’t bother to lean over the rail and show his face.  “Jinyoung, can you please take the two lovebirds out of here, so I can get some real sleep.  They keep me at night with the weird noises they make…”

Youngjae looks like he wants the floor to open up so he can disappear and Jackson tightens his hold on Youngjae just slightly and squeezes his hand gently.  Jackson glares up at Mark, not like the older boy can see it.  “Mark hyung’s just jealous and upset that he’s still single, so don’t worry about it, Youngjae.”

“Yes, I’m jealous, so go take your love somewhere else…. and let me sleep.”

Jinyoung takes pity on the oldest group member.  “Come on guys, let’s take all your undying devotion to the kitchen,” he tells them.  He pulls Youngjae out of bed first, then Jackson.  Jackson grabs the long sleeve shirt that’s lying at the bottom of his bed and puts it on over his tank top as the three of them head out of the room.

Once in the kitchen, Jinyoung’s got a grin on his face as he hands his two friends a couple of early Christmas gifts he just happened to find and pick up yesterday while he was out shopping for ingredients.  

“Here you go.  Don’t want to get anything on your clothes now, do you?”

Jackson holds up the first apron, then the second one.  “Seriously, Jinyoung?”

“Hyung, that’s just mean.” 

“Don’t you two owe me a few favors?” Jinyoung asks.

“This is what you want?  If we wear these, it will cancel out any and all future potential favors?” Youngjae questions, eager for the answer to be yes.  Jinyoung’s been having a little too much fun cashing in “favors”. 

“Oh, no.”  Jinyoung laughs.  “No, but it will create a certain feeling of goodwill toward the two of you.”

Jackson and Youngjae look at each other and silently decide it’d just be quicker to wear the gifts then to protest further, that way hopefully they can get back to bed within the next hour.  

“Don’t you two look adorable,” Jinyoung teases with a cheeky smile.  “I should take a picture and post it for the fans.  It could be the Christmas gift that keeps on giving and inspiring all year long….”  At the combined look of horror on his friends’ faces, he takes the nice but less fun route and promises them that he was just kidding.  

Youngjae’s decked out in a y Mrs. Claus apron and Jackson’s sporting a naughty elf apron.  Jinyoung puts on his gingerbread man apron that he bought for himself.  (It’s cute and sweet with just a hint of spice, just like him.)

“Why did you want to bake today hyung?  It’s our day off, but we could have started later, right?”

“I’m going to teach you how to make sugar cookies.”  He can already foresee Youngjae and Jackson waking him up from his precious beauty sleep and begging him to help them make Christmas cookies for the other one.  So to prevent that from happening, he decides to embrace the wise old adage: give a man a fish (cookie) and you feed him for a day; teach the man to fish (bake) you feed him for a lifetime.  “And we’re starting early because after you make the cookie dough, it needs to be refrigerated for several hours.  So after we finish making it, I’m going back to bed… and you two can do that as well or whatever else.  Later this afternoon will be part two of your baking lesson.

“I vote bed,” Jackson pipes up and Jinyoung rolls his eyes at him.

“You would,” Jinyoung says.  

Jackson sticks his tongue out at his friend and grins.  He can’t help it that he can’t — and doesn’t want to — resist the cuteness that is his boyfriend. 

“What can I do to help hyung?” Youngjae asks when he sees Jinyoung searching through the cabinets, getting out bowls and kitchen utensils they’ll need.  “I would really like to learn how to bake.”

“You would?” Jackson asks, curious because he hadn’t known his boyfriend was that interested in kitchen chef stuff.

“Well, yeah.  That way anytime you needed cheering up or just because I wanted to, I could bake some cookies or a cake or something for you.  Just me, without having to ask Jinyoung hyung for help.”

Jackson thinks for the hundredth — no, millionth? — time that he’s lucky to be able to call Youngjae his boyfriend.  “I like the way your cookies taste.”

Jinyoung accidentally lets a cabinet door slam shut.  “Seriously, you two, if that’s a euphemism for something else…”  He’s really beginning to believe that Mark deserves to be called a saint, since Mark has to put up with Jackson and Youngjae’s lovey-dovey sweetness the most out of all of them.

“Hyung!”  Youngjae blushes and pretends to be busy retying his apron.

“Jinyoung, seriously your mind is in the gutter way too much.  Stop trying to corrupt my baby.”  (Honestly if there’s any corrupting of Youngjae, Jackson hopes it will be by his doing only.)

Jinyoung ignores that comment and turns to hand Youngjae a list of ingredients.  “Will you find and put all these things out on the counter?  Thanks.”

Ten minutes later, everything’s set up and ready.  

“So you’re both going to be making separate batters—”

“Why two different cookie batters?  Won’t one be enough?”

“Because I’ll look at the finished dough to see which looks best and whoever loses, you’ll have to follow what the winner says and orders.”

“Hyung, only in the kitchen?” Youngjae asks.

Jinyoung shrugs before answering.  “It’s up to you two how far you take that particular kink.”

Jackson glares at his friend and taps Jinyoung on his arm with the spatula he’s holding in mock warning.

“Ow.  Just for that, I can already foresee Youngjae’s going to be doing exceptionally well today…”

Youngjae cheers and Jackson looks over at his boyfriend and sees the way Youngjae’s face lights up at Jinyoung’s announcement.

“I didn’t realize you secretly wanted to order me around, Youngjae.  I like it,” Jackson says with a smile on his face that’s full of mischief.  “The things you learn when you bake… thanks, Jinyoung.”

“That’s what I’m here for.  And to teach you how to bake, so before it gets any later, let’s get started.” 

Later, many many hours later, Jinyoung’s back in the kitchen again with Youngjae and Jackson but his two friends are being way too ridiculous for him.  (Okay, truthfully, he’s just jealous.  Jackson and Youngjae really are cute and sweet together but because he’s single, he can’t help but roll his eyes at their cheeseball antics while secretly wishing he had someone to be that way with too.)

Finally after Youngjae states that he wants to make a heart shaped sugar cookie and bake it just for Jackson — so that he can give his heart to Jackson in cookie form — and Jackson says he wants to cut out a present shaped cookie for Youngjae — because he wants to give Youngjae the gift of his love — Jinyoung barely manages to keep from making gagging noises and decides generously to let the two lovebirds do their own thing.

But first, first, he has to get them to promise him something.

“After you finish cutting and sprinkling the cookies with sugar, you’re going to bake them in the oven for eight to ten minutes.  All right?”

“Yeah, okay.  Eight, ten minutes,” Youngjae repeats the important parts out loud.  “Got it, hyung.  Thanks.”

“I’m going to go hang out in the living room, but later come find me.  I’ve got something important to talk to you both about…”

FIN

__________

My original idea was H is for Heartbreaker a JJProject story, but since this is Christmastime I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to use H is for Holiday Baking.  (Heartbreaker will either become another letter or end up into a chaptered story of its own.)

I just want to say thank you to everyone reading, who has subscribed, who has followed me (I’m still amazed at that tbh), for those who comment…. I really do appreciate it.  To all those who celebrate, I wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas Eve and a Merry Christmas.  To those who don’t celebrate, I hope you have a wonderful day filled with many bright and happy things.  

(p.s. edited while sick, so hopefully no major errors contained.)