Dream Catchers

Dream catchers
Dream catchers Jongin travelled through the cotton clouds, illuminated by the setting sun. Red and yellow and blue blended together to form the twilight sky. The air was calm, peaceful. Jongin's limbs graced the air, little blows of wind caressing his tan glowing skin. He was on his way to a new place. A small town beyond the woods. It was nothing spectacular really. Just a place where humans live. Where they sleep and where they dream. That was where Jongin was going. He gently flew through the layers of puffy white, before him opened a clear view of the buildings and roads below. It was already dark which was a clear sign for the beginning of Jongin's work day. He descended down the atmosphere following a trace of blinking fireflies. They led his way down to a deserted street and disappeared. The tall boy's feet touched the ground his weight falling on his feet. He walked slowly glancing around, his steps echoing through the little houses surrounding him. After a while his eyes focused on a small maroon house with a cute green lawn. He headed for the porch, the grass tickling his bare feet. A week twinkling firefly appeared before him buzzing in circles as if leading him. He followed it to a window on the second floor quietly and passed through it like his body was made from air. Inside, the dark bedroom was filled with soft even breaths and the ticking of a clock. Jongin spotted the firefly flying its way across the room, enlightening the pale face of a boy and then blending with the dream catcher above his head. Now it emitted the soft glow of the firefly like the christmas star on the top of a tree. The boy was still sleeping soundlessly his pink lips parted from the gentle breaths escaping them. The intruder got a little box out of his jacket and opened it above the boy's head. Strings of mist mixed with star dust slid down like nitrogen from the box and entered the sleeper's breath. It settled down his lungs reassuring Jongin that the blond boy won't wake up in the middle of his work. Jongin reached for the dream catcher, his fingers blending with the mater. The cotton strings untangled before him floating above the milk skinned's face. Memories flew across the room when the dream collector's fingers caressed the colorful strings. An electric tangle went through his spine when the illusions entered his head. He saw many scenes develop before him. A dream catcher's job should never be personal. That's why they had to follow a few rules. Never let a human see you. Never speak your name aloud. He was only there to collect those dark creations from a human's uncontrolled conscious. There always came a time when the dream catcher couldn't consume any more nightmares. That was the moment when he stepped in. He took the past with him and made space for new dreams. He wasn't supposed to mind all that happened in those heads, but he couldn't help but be intrigued by this kid's illusions. A dream catcher is supposed to collect only angst and darkness, but why were the images before Jongin happy moments. The blond boy was smiling under the night sky, counting stars. He spoke softly to the air itself questioning it about meaningless little stuff maybe only he cared about. Jongin didn't know why the coziness and cinnamon tingle was stored in a dream catcher. He looked at the boy again. His long eyelashes were lying peacefully on his skin, his brows were furrowed in his sleep, his pouty lips vibrated from his soft snores. Why was he banishing those memories? A weird desire arose in this dream collector. For the first time in his life he wanted to see for himself what was the vanilla skinned blond dreaming about. As if reading his mind a sleepy hand reached forward catching Jongin's arm. His own mind was swallowed in the boy's conscious and a landscape appeared before him. He was standing near a river bank when it started raining heavily, the water blurring his vision. "Who are you?" A soft melodic voice questioned "why are you here?" Jongin stared at the tall model droplets of water still falling in his eyes. The honey blond's mouth opened again when Jongin didn't answer. "You shouldn't be here" he looked heart broken and confused "No one comes here besides me." Jongin couldn't see clearly, but he still saw the redness around those black watery eyes. For the first time he wanted to speak out loud. He wanted to say something that would calm down the other. "I'm Sehun" the boy huffed, his voice breaking "What do they call you?" Jongin coldn't answer. He shouldn't. He should've just left without being curious. But why was this "Sehun"'s voice so intimidating?! It was as if Jongin had kept silent all these years, preserving his voice for the solely reason of answering him... Sehun kept his unfocused eyes on him still waiting. Jongin had to. "I'm Kai" he raised his husky voice just to be sure that it would be herd over the rain. "Are you here to stay?" Sehun asked with trembling voice. That was when Jongin knew. Why were Sehun's nightmares so plain and peaceful. Sehun had one fear that was maybe stronger than all those monsters, ghosts, vampires and humans that appeared in others' dreams. He was scared of being alone. He missed what should never be missing. Another's warmth. Kai didn't say anything. That provoked Sehun. He made shaky steps towards Jongin ignoring the coldness of the rain. "Please..." Sehun looked deep in the brunet's eyes tears threatening to fall "...Kai" For the first time Jongin wanted to make a step forward. For the first time he wanted to stay in this boring human world. For the first time he wanted to hold another being. For the first tome he didn't think about the rules. "Jongin...my name is Jongin" The blond's eyebrows rose in confusion "And I'll stay with you, Sehunnie."