The first flutter

The Butterfly Effect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So erm chapter 3, this is where DongHae's cryptic medical log started to make some sense or pose more question? haha

I want to thank everyone for subscribing and commenting especially sugalovere, kpoplover38, MeinAltire, SilverBlueJewel, HyukkiBear and purpleside for your lovely comment. I do hope everyone would comment more to tell me what they really think of the story so I can help myself improving it. But nonethelesss thank you for reading them. Vote them up if you think they are good. Thank youuuuu~

 

Warning: Character death. Major Character dead. Read at your own risk. enjoy~ :)

 

Chapter 3: The first flutter

 

 

9th August 2015

 

“Even though the number of times H appeared in the patient’s dream has stopped, patient has developed a new obsession toward a certain type of comic from publisher DC. However evident from family members and friend show that before patient has a clear dislike toward this line of comic. Also patient has displayed a particular interest at the series from the 1990s, especially the series ‘Legend of the Dark Knight’”

 

Doctor Kim’s patient journal – Lee DongHae’s record no.13

 

 

 

 

10th May 1990

 

 

DongHae walked up to the landline on the bedside table next to his bed in the hotel he was staying during his time here in Arkley. Picking up his phone, DongHae felt something was off, like as if there was a certain rectangular shape objects missed from his pant pocket. A rectangular object with a smooth surface that he could glide his hand across, he could call and pictures appeared on it. Shaking his head, DongHae must be thinking too much. This thing didn’t exist; of course there was cell phone. However none of the models on the market had what DongHae was vaguely picturing and with a university student liked him and on a scholarship would never be able to get one. If it wasn’t for the school that willing to pay for the ship fare, DongHae wouldn’t even be here in the first place. The orange head, dialed the phone number, wait for the other to pick up. After five minutes all he got was “The number you have dialed did not exist”.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What the hell?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Did not exist? Yunho, that son of , how dared he changed his number and kept it from DongHae? Slamming the phone down, DongHae swore that when he was back he would give Yunho a piece of his mind. Scratching his head, DongHae muttered to himself:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Maybe I could send Yunho an email instead.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Email? What did DongHae just say? What the heck was email? DongHae knew of mails, but what was the hell was email? DongHae’s head started to hurt, images tangled and stacked up upon each other. Holding his head hard, the brunette didn’t know what to see or what was real and what wasn’t. In his mind, DongHae saw building that had never been built, he saw car with doors that opened upward, and in his mind he saw plastic notebook with no pages in between and the glass screen filled with lights and pictures running across it like a computer but faster, clearer and much better. But at the same time in his mind he also saw the old, archaic stone mansion, with kids and people running around, stained yellow poster about the newest invention computer.  All the images merged into each other, swallowing DongHae’s sanity, he screamed, he tossed himself left to right on his bed. Sweat forming on his forehead, his ears were hearing music that was made from instrument they sound synthesis they didn’t sound real and it hurt his ears.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“SHUT UP, SHUT UP.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the mist of it, he saw Yunho’s face, his mum and all his other friends. They were cheering his name, his name was chanting over some radio all over the school. But he had no recollection of ever hearing or seeing that. And then he saw HyukJae, smiling at him as the male showed him the vintage issue of ‘Legend of the Dark Knight’, why would DongHae said they were vintage? They were only published last month? Nothing made sense, his head was hurting, every muscles in his body was screaming in pain. His eyes started to become glassy, the pain was almost too much for him to bear it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly there was a knock at the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And the pain was gone. DongHae stunned, what was he doing? Why was his face wet? Was he crying? Why was he crying? DongHae couldn’t remember what just happened. He remembered he walked back into his room and that was it. His body was full of sweat, an agitated feeling sprouted inside of him, he found himself started to hyperventilating. There was that knock again, grimacing, DongHae push himself to stand up. He walked to the door with difficulties, he planned to open the door and screamed at whoever was knocking but stopped when he saw who just showed up in front of his room, un-announced.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was HyukJae.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly his breathing went back to normal. Like he had never hyperventilated, like those strange moment never occurred, like the fear was gone and never existed. HyukJae saved him, from what, he didn’t know but nonetheless HyukJae saved him. Didn’t even wait for the male to give him a reason why he was outside his door and 10 o’clock at night. DongHae pulled HyukJae inside the room. He slammed the door shut and indulged the platinum blond into a bone-crushing hug. His hands on the blond back was shaking, somehow he felt like this moment was ephemeral, like it would be gone if he didn’t hold on to HyukJae. It scared DongHae. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not only HyukJae was confused, he didn’t know why DongHae was so scared. DongHae was normal a few hours ago, but he knew what he should do. Like what HyukJae always did for kids who had nightmares and refused to tell him. He travelled his hand up and down DongHae’s broad back, mumbling softly:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


“It’s okay DongHae. Everything will be okay.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Like a trance, DongHae started to feel calmer. He let HyukJae go, coughing in embarrassment. He knew HyukJae was looking at him, demanding for an answer but even the brunette didn’t know what was happening, how could he tell HyukJae. All he could do was, rubbing HyukJae’s hair reassuring the male that he was okay. He knew that the younger male was giving him a I-will-not-let-this-go look but he didn’t push further. DongHae decided that it was time for a topic changed:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So, may I ask why were you here on this late night? Not that I mind”

 

“I just feel like seeing you.” _HyukJae blushed at his answer, hand scratching his nape in a awkward manner. It made DongHae laughed out loud at his lover adorable attitude. Yunho would like HyukJae, DongHae thought. That’s right, Yunho, DongHae wanted to call his best friend to tell the male about his boyfriend.  For some reason, when DongHae thought about Yunho, instantly the headache returned so was the fear of loosing HyukJae. HyukJae seemed to see his pained face as the male reached out his hand, held on to DongHae’s and guide the older male to bed. At there he gently lay DongHae down, not asking, not saying a word.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He also put a pillow underneath DongHae; hand drew small circles onto the male’s nape. The other hand caressed the male’s messy tangled orange hair. He placed light kisses on to his boyfriend eye’s lid feeling the male relaxed almost instantly. DongHae’s hand remained on HyukJae’s waist as if he let go, HyukJae would leave him, his eyes was shut tight. DongHae felt really tired, as if his mind just gone to war and currently in a PTSD state and completely exhausted while his body was full of energy. He let slumber took c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter