Spreading its Wings

The Butterfly Effect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2:

 

5th August 2015

 

“The frequency of the dreams appearing has increased to almost every time the patient close his eyes for a sleep. It seemed that this male subject was dominating the patient’s mind to the point of obsession. Even though patient still can’t remember or create a face to this male subject, he however did point out that the male subject - H has ‘platinum blond hair that shimmered a pastel purple color under the sunlight.’ ”

 

Doctor Kim’s patient journal – Lee DongHae’s record no.10

 

           

 

3rd May 1990

 

 

 

“Good Morning”

 

 

 

 

 

 

DongHae said, cheerfully at the group of kids in front of him. Or at least try to be cheerful. It has been almost a month since the last time he got here. DongHae must say, he gotten closer to all the kids, well except for Max, Marcus and Izzy who he had finally gotten a name from after bribing Natalia with chocolates. Max and him shared small talks, mostly about HyukJae. Izzy didn’t even care about his existence. But Marcus was the worst. 

 

 

 

 

DongHae sighed every time he thought about Marcus. If you said that DongHae didn’t do anything wrong, then it wasn’t quite right. He had fallen for HyukJae, whom Marcus also adored. But that kid was definitely the son of Loki, king of prank. DongHae’s second week here, he walked in, opened the door, and a bucket of water from the door just poured down straight on top of him. There went his brand new sweater. But the following week, that brat stole his checking board, making him have to ran down to the receptionist asking Jordan for another one, earning a earful lecture from the older male. The worst was that Marcus secretly signed him up to be a scout girl cookies, he couldn’t even tell how embarrassed he was went he received those pink dress with laces uniform in front of HyukJae. DongHae swore he just wanted to find a hole where he could just stay there for the next 3 months when he saw HyukJae laughed so hard that he lost his balance to stand, and literally rolling on the floor laughing.

 

 

 

 

 

DongHae looked around for possible prank coming at him as he walked inside the room. None. He looked at Marcus who looked back at him with annoyance. He decided to ignore the kid, if the prank didn’t come now, it would come sooner or later anyway. He just had to be careful. But he did notice something, Marcus today was being awfully close to Max, to the point he was wrapping his hand around the slim boy figure.

 

 

 

            “So guys, there is a festival down the town here. Anybody up for going?”

 

            “Me, me, me”

 

 

 

Little hands shot right up at DongHae’s question. He smiled, to be honest, DongHae started to like them except for Marcus. DongHae started going through all the procedures for going out, telling them to form 2 lines. They were going to HyukJae’s group, joined up with HyukJae and all the other groups. DongHae had finally met the entire supervisors. All of them are wonderful and interesting. Group 1 was the elders, taking care by Andrew, turn out Andrew might look and acted like an but he actually really nice around the elders. Group 2 was also elder and in charge was Casey. Dennis was in charge for group 3, all of middle age grown up. Group 4 was Joshua also middle ages. Group 5 and 6 were teenagers to adolescence were Henry and Zhoumi. They all were interesting people, but DongHae had to say he got along the most was with Henry, Zhoumi and of course Dennis. Everybody loved Dennis. That was if you don’t include HyukJae. Casey was a bit too snarky for him, Casey and her little fashion paranoid along with hes smartass comments didn’t really get along well with DongHae. While Joshua and Andrew were just straight up douchebag, 95% of the time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

DongHae lead the group to where HyukJae was waiting. HyukJae was wearing a superman t-shirt today. He really was a die-hard DC fan to the core. And to DongHae it possibly the cutest thing he had ever seen. HyukJae smiled and DongHae heart started jumping again. That was until a sharp pain hit straight at his left foot. He looked down and saw Marcus smirking at him before running toward HyukJae to give the male hug along with Max and Izzy. DongHae took a deep breath and kept repeating something that recently became a chant in his mind _“He’s just a kid, he’s just a kid” 

 

 

 

 

            “Yo DongHae” HyukJae waved at him after giving each of the kids a long hug.

 

            “Hello HyukJae, I see your group are ready”

 

            “All packed up and ready to go”

 

 

 

 

HyukJae winked at him before taking the kids to the car. The other groups already left. After all the kids had taken the sit, and HyukJae counted the heads, twice then they were ready to go. HyukJae and DongHae sat together in the front. DongHae knew he shouldn’t do this but he still turned around looked at Marcus before smirking victoriously. DongHae was indeed still a bit childish. DongHae looked at HyukJae:

 

 

 

            “About the other supervisors, are they dating? I mean Casey and Andrew or was it Casey and Joshua?”

 

            “Well, They are all dating each other I suppose. I mean, Casey is smart, beautiful, she is a freaking goddess, so I’m not surprised if she got herself a few lovers” HyukJae rubbed his chin at his conclusion.

 

            “I’ll take it that you also have a crush on her?”

 

            “Well, that was before I realize I that her cat obsession and demonic behavior when she was angry” HyukJae laughed, he brushed if off so easily. However DongHae’s ear perked up when he heard that the younger male had no feeling for Casey.

 

            “No girlfriend?”

 

            “Haha, I wish” HyukJae sighed dramatically.

 

            “Boyfriend?” DongHae asked, the moment he did HyukJae’s paled. Did DongHae just asked something he shouldn’t have asked? Suddenly a wave of information rushed through his mind, this was 1990, homoual was illegal. DongHae wasn’t sure why he didn't think of this before. Feeling he was digging himself a grave, DongHae sat there in silent, he prayed that HyukJae brushed it off as a joke and wouldn’t be disgusted with him. But his heart started to beat fast, an adrenaline of hope flushed throughout his body when he heard a soft whisper:

 

 

 

            “No boyfriend either.”

 

 

 

 

A grin drawn on his face, this meant HyukJae was also into guys, it had to be right?. DongHae definitely had a chance, and DongHae would be a fool not to take it. He listened to HyukJae who started to complain how he was surrounded by couples. Oddly enough. DongHae could never stand it if Kang In was complaining about couple or even JongHyun about the fact that he still couldn’t get together with Jinki or about how guys that Luna knew were all jackass and the list can just go on forever because he also got his mum. But he felt like he could listen to what HyukJae said to him all days long.

 

 

 

 

            “Henry, you know he had a girlfriend before. Yewon was her name. She was here as a receptionist. They were head over heel each other, I mean like literally, the no – PDA rules was literally impaled to the wall because of them.”

 

            “Where is she then? I haven’t seen her.” DongHae raised an eyebrows in confused.

 

            “Yewon family moved to France and Yewon also has a degree to finish at Paris. She broke up with Henry, something about couldn’t handle the distance thing. Henry was more than depressed. But then Zhoumi comes, he was wonderful, nice, I mean he’s willing to wait for Henry. But Henry, he’s hesitating. He thinks of how Yewon might still have feeling for him, and all sort, but between you and I, I’m sure Yewon had already move on. I mean its France, lots of you know, monsieur.” HyukJae laughed as he tried to fake a French accent, which made DongHae chuckled.

 

            “They will sort it out. And what about Dennis?”

 

            “Don’t tell me, you are interested about Dennis? If you do Jordan will kill ya. Jordan and Dennis is a thing here, even though they been on and off for like 3 times already” HyukJae quickly chipped up, shook his head furiously, which made DongHae thought maybe HyukJae was jealous? His stomach twisted a little with joy.

.

            “Slow down, who said anything about interested in Dennis? I’m just curious” DongHae shook his head, laughing at HyukJae silliness.

 

            “oh, Okay” HyukJae nodded. The whole bus trip were quiet but comfortable, DongHae enjoyed it. But something else bugged him.

 

            “But I thought…didn’t they know…that homoual is illegal?”

 

            “That thing don’t matter here, this a sanctuary a safe haven where we can be who we are, DongHae you don’t have to hide who you are here. Outside maybe yes, but here in Arkley Sanctuary, you don’t have to.”

 

 

 

 

DongHae was taken aback as HyukJae took DongHae hand into his and an overwhelming feeling of excitement bubbling inside of him. He squeezed back HyukJae’s hand, signaling to the male that he was thankful. Even though DongHae felt like something was wrong, like something was telling him that homoual was never banned but the information ahead of him proved otherwise. This created an easy feeling inside DongHae, but he couldn’t put his finger around it.

 

 

 

 

They arrived at the festival. Everything and everywhere was noisy, colorful and lively. DongHae and HyukJae let the groups ran straight to the festival, playing out all the games, getting all the food they wanted. The uniform they were wearing allow them to get all the food, play all kind of game for free. Sadly for DongHae, before he could follow HyukJae, the platinum blond was dragged into the crowd by Marcus, Max and Izzy and quickly disappeared into the busy crowd. DongHae sighed in disappointment. His plan of spending the day with HyukJae at this festival was gone.

 

 

 

 

            “You like him”

 

 

 

DongHae jumped back at the sudden statement. He turned around and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter