because

only tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

i. please don't stay in my heart once you're gone,

woohyun is late.

he had been waiting for almost half hour and he still hadn’t turned up, and he knew there was going to be some silly excuse as to why he was late. the manager on his left had been badgering on for the better part of the hour, sprouting ideas that their sponsors won’t like a tardy person and why wasn’t he here yet?

he groans in response and his gaze wanders over to the table where the rest of the members were— howon touching up on his makeup and dongwoo talking with the stylist for the shoot, sungyeol currently catching up on his sleep on the couch as he had a drama filming the day before, and myungsoo was taking his own pictures of sungjong who was shooting his individual shots. he purses his lips and grips his phone tighter. their managers were speaking to each other while watching the shoot progress, and he goes to join them for a better thing to do when his phone doesn’t light up.

woohyun turns up twelve minutes later, when they were de-installing the equipment from sungjong’s shoot, the manager with him speeding off to the director to apologize. woohyun joins the group and plops himself down on a spare chair, leaning backwards until it croaked under his weight. sunggyu watches silently, wanting to reprimand, but doesn’t start anything as they were too preoccupied and myungsoo gets called to get ready. two stylists fix myungsoo’s clothes and hair while another brings the shoot’s clothes for woohyun, and sunggyu instead listens in silently as the three managers discuss the rest of the groups’ schedule as he waits for his turn.

 

they reach their dorms just a little before 2 in the morning, tired and sleepy and hungry but there is a schedule at six so they forgo food and go straight to sleep, changing into more comfortable clothes after washing up.

woohyun sneaks into his room after shooing sungyeol away, siting up wrapped in the blankets and playing on his phone, the light dimly lit in an effort to remain awake. he smiles softly and tosses the towel on his head to the laundry basket, crawling to the head of the bed to slid in. he nudges woohyun’s arms to snuggle, drawing the blankets closer and watches him playing his game for a while.

when woohyun’s team is the third on the ladder he turns to switch off the lights, shifting his body to drape his arms over him and they both close their eyes to sleep, breaths mingling on the pillow.

 

ii. i don't know where to go,

right after their concert ended he found himself in the hotel room with just woohyun; he had somehow convinced the managers that they were too tired to have free time, too tired to even take one step, too tired to look after the kids and wasn’t this why we had five managers? their head manager eyed woohyun with suspicion but the kids diverted his attention, demanding to be brought into the city, and he handed woohyun his number before being whisked away into a taxi with sungjong and dongwoo, shouting instructions to the rest of the group waiting for another taxi.

woohyun said he prepared something special, that as he missed his birthday because of schedules he wanted to make up for it. ‘but my birthday was two months ago,’ he had said, ‘and we did celebrate it,’ but woohyun didn’t care, dragging sunggyu to wait until the group left without a sight and caught a taxi, giving directions to the driver like a local. woohyun had told him to follow his lead for the night, so sunggyu watches as they pass through the buildin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter