Chapter 5

Shawty Imma Party Till The Sun Down (Online, that is.)

Chapter 5

Lu Han never believed that he was a bad or lazy student. He believed he was an unmotivated student. It was sugarcoated, but still true. He didn’t see the point in going to classes if he didn’t like it. He was studying to be a Businessman, but Business wasn’t his dream. He wanted to sing, dance, act, etc. He wanted to entertain people.

Still, he followed what his parents told him and entered the university as a Business major. What his parents didn’t know was the fact that he paid all his teachers to never fail him. It was college. No one cared if you missed class or not. As long as you passed the test, you were out. Lu Han knew how to play with life. He was the winner of almost everything known to man. He was rich. He was a pretty boy. His best friend covers for him 80% of the time. He didn’t have to do in his rich kid dorm. And he was in love with someone.

Then there was the losing part which kind of haunted him. He had moved out of his shared bedroom to live on a tiny as sofa. His dorm-mate, Yifan, was a ing idiot (and he was glad Yifan had a seminar in Shanghai because he would beat that pretentious, galaxy loving ). His other dorm-mate Yixing was dazed as (he claimed not to do drugs and made his motto ‘4/20 daze it’). Lao Gao was maybe the best best friend in the world, but it didn’t stop him from being too much of a manager. He had fangirls; which would have been amazing if it wasn’t for the fact that Lu Han was gay as . Lastly, he had no idea how his true love, Xiumin, looked like in real life or if Xiumin even liked him at all or if he’d ever see his lovely Korean boy.

So that was how his new daily routine came to be. Wait for Xiumin to go online every day. Goimg to soccer practice and hanging out with his friends were only added to his schedule. Lu Han had horrible sleeping habits and a messed up body clock. The day Xiumin didn’t go online (which killed Lu Han’s spirit), he slept in and felt dead. He didn’t even want to wake up until an angry Lao Gao started knocking on his door.

“Han open the door!” He yelled. Lu Han only pulled his blanket over his head. He didn’t need Lao Gao’s bull yet. The knocking persisted and Lu Han slowly started waking up.

“ you! It’s too early for this.”

Lao Gao stopped knocking. “It’s 4 in the afternoon.”

“Too early.” Lu Han whined as he pulled the blanket back up. It really was too early for him. “Are you catching up on your beauty sleep? Rhetorical question.” Lao Gao said.

“If you want a girlfriend, allow me to get more sleep so you can get the . Rhetorical question answered.” He huffed.

“Well, don’t come crying to me when you fail class because of our duo project.”

“Yo yo yo! I paid the teacher. Don’t pull that on me.” Lu Han groaned.

“Well…You didn’t sign up for classes or make your schedule. So you and I both got stuck in Marketing 10 for a semester. Also, you didn’t pay that teacher so he’s kind of failing you…”

Lu Han immediately shot up, rushed to the door and opened it. “I have to go to classes now?”

“Yeah…”

Lu Han slumped down, tears forming in his eyes. If this had been a more serious problem, maybe his best friend would have sympathized with him. “I don’t even want to go to school.” He sobbed.

Lao Gao, being the friend he is, just rolled his eyes and made his way inside the dorm room. “Well…the duo project is to make an advertisement. Be glad it’s just that.” Lu Han didn’t listen. He was just crying in the doorway.

“Lu Han? What’s wrong?” He looked up and he saw the ethereal face of his roommate Yixing. No. He was not gay for Yixing. He just found Yixing very attractive. He was gay for Xiumin. “Leave me alone to wallow in my misery Xing.”

With that, Yixing closed the door, pushing Lu Han away gently to make sure that his face didn’t collide with it. He didn’t see Yixing after that. All he and Lao Gao heard from his room were compositions being made, loud screams, , and “Jongdae, you’re so tight.”

Really, Lao Gao had no idea why he had been comforting his man-child of a friend for the past 4 hours. It was already 8 in the evening and Lu Han was still crying.

“Hey. School isn’t that bad.” Lao Gao said as he tried his best to make Lu Han stop crying. Lu Han cried even more and buried his face on his hands. “Wanna go out for beer?” He asked. Lu Han immediately looked up and smiled. “ yeah! Cobby, why didn’t you say anything earlier? Let’s go.”

“Don’t you need to get dressed first?” Lao Gao asked. Lu Han grabbed a pair of pants that was on the floor, put on his leather jacket, combed his hair a bit, and put on some Oxfords as to make sure he looked a bit like a pretentious . “You were saying?”

“Shouldn’t have asked.” Lao Gao sighed.


Lu Han didn’t remember a thing from when he drank his third glass to the time he was in his room, half and full of body glitter. All he did see was a Zhang Yixing making something that smelled like baozis. Ah yes. The perfect hangover meal. He would have pretended to be asleep but he’d rather see if Xiumin was finally online.


Tony has entered the chat

Tony: ((XIUMIN!!!!))

Steve: ((Xiao Lu…I have a weird question.))

Tony: ((Go for it. Im all ears babe)

Steve: ((Do you really go to college?))

Tony: ((Yeah. And I’m a business major))

Steve: ((Well, it seems like you don’t))

Steve: ((Maybe you could be some creepy old man looking for some 20 year old ))

Steve: ((jk jk))

Tony: ((I assure you. I do go to college.))

Tony: ((Like. I have a class this morning.))


“YIXING! THIS IS HORRIBLE!” Lu Han cried out. Yixing immediately left his baozis and started hugging Lu Han. “What’s wrong?”

“XIUMIN THINKS I’M A CREEPY OLD MAN!” He yelled out. Yixing looked confused and just awkwardly patted Lu Han’s back. “Look at my phone.” He passed the phone to the dorm’s angel. Yixing couldn’t help but be a bit confused.

“Lu Han….my Korean isn’t that good. You know I only learned it for about 2 summers.” He said. Lu Han explained to him that Xiumin thought he was a creepy old guy only because he’s online 24/7. It wasn’t his fault that he hated school but loved Xiumin.

The crying fest came to an end when their devilishly handsome (but ridiculously dumb) roommate Yifan entered the room. “Sup es?”

“ off Wu. I’m having an existential crisis.”

Yixing only smiled and said “How was your seminar?”

“Amazing….but what’s wrong with Lu Han?” Yifan asked.

“Everything in my life.” He cried. He got his phone and texted Lao Gao.

Cobby. I need 2 Americanos asap. I’ll get you that chick with the big as a date if you do.

“I’m going to class today.” He admitted. Both Yifan and Yixing were in shock. Lu Han and class put in the same sentence but in a positive connotation, what could this mean? Lu Han went back to chatting with his Xiumin to try to forget that he ever got into this bull.